Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dkman View Post
    What is risky? My background is done.
    Just going off of when you said that you were informed that your background could be completed while you are at the academy. Like you said though, the moment you submit your equip and mail In your finger print cards the process begins

Comment

• Originally posted by Thecldriver View Post
      Just going off of when you said that you were informed that your background could be completed while you are at the academy. Like you said though, the moment you submit your equip and mail In your finger print cards the process begins
      I think someone else said that. That does happen to other applicants sometimes so I guess it can be risky for them depending on job situation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thecldriver View Post
        Isn't that a bit risqué. I'm sure your background is flawless or good for the most part. But let's say you up and leave your job and while at the academy they find something un favorable. Then what? You're out of a job?
        Yup.

Comment

• Originally posted by dkman View Post
          Oh ok I don't know how much they do behind the scenes I meant the part where the investigator checks out your school, employment, and references.
          Yea I pretty much got that from what U said. Figured u meant from when you met with your investigator till when it was done and you got the call

07/23/14 Applied to Central East Coast 14-2
          09/21/14 Written exam
          11/18/14 Notice of TS
          11/21/14 TSL packet received
          12/17/14 PFT1/MED PASSED
          01/06/15 VBT/SI PASSED
          02/25/15 poly (JFK) waiting for final results

Comment

• The bugs down there are vicious. Not only is it bad with the temp/humid... but them little bugs will bite the crap out of you.
            Stock up on bugspray and buy some of that "skin so soft" stuff at the store next to the chow hall.

Also, better get used to that fine FLETC drinking water. SOOOO DELICIOUS!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadowtrain View Post
              The bugs down there are vicious. Not only is it bad with the temp/humid... but them little bugs will bite the crap out of you.
              Stock up on bugspray and buy some of that "skin so soft" stuff at the store next to the chow hall.

Wow. I get destroyed by the bugs here in NJ during summer, can't imagine Georgia. Hopefully, I can buy bug spray in bulk!

Comment

• Originally posted by CZ_Kid View Post
                This has been happening often. You'll get the call soon even though your BI is still underway. As long as nothing is found that's unfavorable and you don't do anything foolish, you are good assuming you pass your pft2.
                Well I am hoping for a call, but I am also hoping until at least August to EOD. The department I am at now would make me pay back some money for cost of training and duty weapon ect... July 29 is my anniversary with the current department and would help me out quite a bit financially.

GS5 will be pretty tough financially. Can anyone help me with the average salary in San Diego area/LAX (assuming that is what i am offered) I will be taking a decent pay cut, but know that in the long run it is worth it.

Yes i Know with a year of Law Enforcement i should be a GS7, but they stated I would have to reapply. I was not working as a LEO when i applied hear almost 2 years ago.

Thanks for the help!

Comment

• Awesome, can't wait...

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadowtrain View Post
                    The bugs down there are vicious. Not only is it bad with the temp/humid... but them little bugs will bite the crap out of you.

I'm hoping they have you run in the morning before it gets too hot and humid? ? ?

Comment

• FYI, they did give me the option of waiting till background is completed before accepting and leaving for the academy.

Comment

• So it is sounding to me like it will be next summer before any 14-1 - 14-3 candidates will be any calls to head to FLETC since 13-1 are just now getting calls...

Comment

• Originally posted by JKWolfe View Post
                          So it is sounding to me like it will be next summer before any 14-1 - 14-3 candidates will be any calls to head to FLETC since 13-1 are just now getting calls...
                          I think a good portion of those receiving calls now are 14-1 and 14-2 but everyone will have different timelines.

Comment

• Op's... accidentally posted a blank reply... That's embarrassing.
                            Last edited by hello_reason; 04-12-2015, 03:58 AM.

Comment

• Who is 14-2 and received a call?

Comment

• At the rate that things are currently being pushed through and the supposed number of classes remaining for the fiscal year is it possible they may squeeze in 14-1 through 14-3 into these academies? It seems the poly and the BI are the slowest portions over all. Maybe that's why people are being sent to the academy before it's complete.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8965 users online. 432 members and 8533 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X