Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wish they would base the hiring on physical fitness only lol. I would be so ready to go right now. I tested myself this morning. I did 59 push-up in one minutes, 47 sit-up in one minute. and I ran 2 Miles in 12 minutes 55 seconds. The 220 yards, I did that in 36 seconds. I'm in the best shape of my life right now, they need to call me now before I get out of shape lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by SouthernTransfer View Post
      Well today is the day, in about two hours I will have my poly. Haven't really stressed it. Almost forgot about it to tell you the truth. I think I'm not stressing because, I'm not anywhere near 37, I already have a great paying federal job, and I know this isn't the end all be all time.
      That's good to have this good feeling. Good luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by dkman View Post
        Only weeding out the good? I have taken 3 and passed all of them. Just tell the investigator everything in your head no matter how miniscule and they will decide.
        I agreed.

Comment

• Originally posted by milperil View Post
          I wish they would base the hiring on physical fitness only lol. I would be so ready to go right now. I tested myself this morning. I did 59 push-up in one minutes, 47 sit-up in one minute. and I ran 2 Miles in 12 minutes 55 seconds. The 220 yards, I did that in 36 seconds. I'm in the best shape of my life right now, they need to call me now before I get out of shape lol.
          Good time on the 2 miles, good job.
          Last edited by esoj37; 04-10-2015, 11:32 AM.

Comment

• When does the new announcement comes out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by esoj37 View Post
              You do know this is a public forum, and hiring officials have access to it.
              While the poster may make some valid points, being so ignorant to your point is a sign that they should not be joining the law enforcement community.
              Florida/Caribbean 14-2 -- GS-07

07/14 Applied to Florida/Caribbean 14-2
              08/14 Notified: qualification to take exam
              09/13/14 Written exam
              10/31/14 NOR 100 (No Vet Points)
              1/9/15 Notice of TS / Grade:GS-07
              2/4/15 Physical Exam and PFT1 PASSED
              2/6/15 Background Released to IA
              2/18/15 VBT/SI (Tampa) PASSED
              4/14/15 Polygraph (Tampa)
              4/30/15 Notified of unsuitable polygraph and removed from consideration

Comment

• I have taken 5 polygraphs, my record is 3-2 with the exact same questions being asked. For my most recent one, I was a lot more calm and I did take the whole I do not care approach. I just went in thinking will tell the truth and go from there.

Only advice I would give is get a good night sleep and follow your same daily routine. Try to clear your head and any negative thoughts. Just go in and tell the truth, that is all you can do. Do not over think a question! A lot will fail because of this, according to my examiner just answer truthfully and wait for the next.

Goodluck to all!

Comment

• Originally posted by esoj37 View Post
                  Good time on the 2 miles, good job.
                  Thanks esoj37

Comment

• Well just got out, I took the first one and I didn't pass, he sat me down and we talked and got some things I was uncertain about out of my head. He told me to remember this is a test about me not friends and family. I took the second test and rocked my foot on those pad, it was ended shorter than the last one and we had a break. Came back he accused me of cheating. We talked, he had me fill out a form and sent it to the higher ups. I may get a third chance. Who knows.

My advice, when he says don't move, he means it. Tell him everything on you mind no matter how small. It'll help clear your head.

Comment

I wish they would base the hiring on physical fitness only lol. I would be so ready to go right now. I tested myself this morning. I did 59 push-up in one minutes, 47 sit-up in one minute. and I ran 2 Miles in 12 minutes 55 seconds. The 220 yards, I did that in 36 seconds. I'm in the best shape of my life right now, they need to call me now before I get out of shape lol.
                      Wow thats great!! Any pointers on training or when you started to now? Im in good shape but no way near 2 miles in 12min, but what do you recommend a far as brining times down for the running?

Comment

• Originally posted by SouthernTransfer View Post
                        Well just got out, I took the first one and I didn't pass, he sat me down and we talked and got some things I was uncertain about out of my head. He told me to remember this is a test about me not friends and family. I took the second test and rocked my foot on those pad, it was ended shorter than the last one and we had a break. Came back he accused me of cheating. We talked, he had me fill out a form and sent it to the higher ups. I may get a third chance. Who knows.

My advice, when he says don't move, he means it. Tell him everything on you mind no matter how small. It'll help clear your head.
                        He made you fill out a sheet AFTER?

07/23/14 Applied to Central East Coast 14-2
                        09/21/14 Written exam
                        11/18/14 Notice of TS
                        11/21/14 TSL packet received
                        12/17/14 PFT1/MED PASSED
                        01/06/15 VBT/SI PASSED
                        02/25/15 poly (JFK) waiting for final results

Comment

• Yea so that I may get to retake it. It was either walk out the door or use a correction form admit what happened and then send it out and try to get a retest. Of course I filled out the form.

Honestly I didn't even think about it when I moved my foot. He said if I didn't know then it was a one in a billion chance of me pressing my foot on all the right questions. I mean if I was trying to cheat wouldn't I cheat from the start? I tapped my foot on the 2nd poly. I felt like crap after he pretty much said there is two reasons a person cheats, they are a terrorist or a spy or they aren't confident. I wasn't confident, I wasn't neevous until it started.
                          Last edited by SouthernTransfer; 04-10-2015, 04:21 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cbudhu1 View Post
                            Wow thats great!! Any pointers on training or when you started to now? Im in good shape but no way near 2 miles in 12min, but what do you recommend a far as brining times down for the running?

@Cbudhu1 I started training for this in January. This is how I train for the run, I run as fast as I can, then I slow down or walk for 45 seconds. I keep doing this for about 20 to 30 minutes. I believe running short distance with full speed increases your endurance when time comes to run long distance. It works for me. and sometimes, I run in the stairs, I go up and down until my legs can't take no more lol.

Comment

@Cbudhu1 I started training for this in January. This is how I train for the run, I run as fast as I can, then I slow down or walk for 45 seconds. I keep doing this for about 20 to 30 minutes. I believe running short distance with full speed increases your endurance when time comes to run long distance. It works for me. and sometimes, I run in the stairs, I go up and down until my legs can't take no more lol.
                              How many times a week. I was also wondering the same. Thanks for sharing.

09/21/14 Written exam
                              11/18/14 Notice of TS
                              12/17/14 PFT1/MED PASSED
                              01/06/15 VBT/SI PASSED

Comment

• Originally posted by Steph631_ View Post
                                How many times a week. I was also wondering the same. Thanks for sharing.

09/21/14 Written exam
                                11/18/14 Notice of TS
                                12/17/14 PFT1/MED PASSED
                                01/06/15 VBT/SI PASSED
                                If you have a smart phone look for an app called C25K it is from couch to 5k. Depending on how fit you are pick your speed. And in no time you will running a 5k. Keep in mind to stretch before and after...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4486 users online. 233 members and 4253 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X