Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I do not understand the whole poly process or why anyone has to take it... I know it can weed out undesirables but also seems to weed out a lot of the desired candidates who have or may not have done something minor. Heck our nations highest powers such as our senators and even our President do not have to take a poly and since it is SO accurate you would think those are the people we would want to take it. Just my two pennies it seems the honest people are the only ones who have something to lose...

Comment

• Got the email for vbt and SI... scheduled on May 5th.

Comment

• Originally posted by JKWolfe View Post
        I do not understand the whole poly process or why anyone has to take it... I know it can weed out undesirables but also seems to weed out a lot of the desired candidates who have or may not have done something minor. Heck our nations highest powers such as our senators and even our President do not have to take a poly and since it is SO accurate you would think those are the people we would want to take it. Just my two pennies it seems the honest people are the only ones who have something to lose...
        Everyone applying for a law enforcement position in CBP has to take it in order to comply with Public Law 111-376. It is not the agency's choice at all. It is those Senators, Congressmen and the President that you referred to that have required the process.

FB

Comment

• Originally posted by Rapiyiyi View Post
          You will receive a provisional clearance just to grt your EOD and academy date. You will still meet with an investigator before or during your time at FLETC.
          Start practicing for pft2. I heard some people fail (IDK how) I meet with my BI tomorrow but I already have an EOD date. You should be getting a call very soon.
          So if I'm correct , provisional clearance is something that I can't expect once all of my interviews etc have been conducted and submitted by my bi? I just completed my 5 year background check for my current agency and the the process has always taken 3 months total. My guy submitted my case and said everything looks good 2 weeks ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by manbray View Post
            I'm 14-3 also, we are on the same boat however, I had already submitted the E-qip and it shows that it is in the Security Office. Just waiting on them to schedule my poly.
            14-3 here also. I originally applied for 13-1 but had to drop out due to personal issues, but I've pretty much scaled through everything with ease since most of my results from the process are still valid. I stopped at the poly and passed last year, so we will see if I have to take it again. So far all I have left is the background and drug screening. I only have my case in the security office. No contact yet from a BI.

Comment

• For those of you that completed a polygraph, did you get asked questions on national security? Took polygraph today and examiner said I passed but we reached our 4 hour limit. He said national security questions would be done at a later day.

I just found it weird because he said he needed to file his findings today, so I question why file findings without the second part of the poly, if there is one.

Comment

• Originally posted by MissAmitious View Post
                14-3 here also. I originally applied for 13-1 but had to drop out due to personal issues, but I've pretty much scaled through everything with ease since most of my results from the process are still valid. I stopped at the poly and passed last year, so we will see if I have to take it again. So far all I have left is the background and drug screening. I only have my case in the security office. No contact yet from a BI.
                I am also a 14-3 MIDWEST applicant hopefully we will have a couple spots open for us haha. And hopefully they will get these BI's done quick and get the ball rolling! Heck my background would take an and amateur a week as I have very little substance to my background portfolio.

Comment

• I took my poly on March 27th and on April the 3rd, I was contacted via email with a letter to explained some paid collections I have on my credit. I received the letter at 12pm by 3 pm I already faxed the statement with proof lol. Today again I received another email saying they can't verify one of my sisters' residency status, so I emailed back with the information that was asked. Now I'm just wondering, does that possibility mean I passed the polygraph, since I feel like they're moving on with my background? I haven't got any results for the poly. I hope my assumption is correct. Anybody has had a familiar situation? I'd like to be hopeful lol.

Comment

• I think it's safe to say that you passed your poly. What you received is a Notice of personal action. Soon a bi should be calling you. Weird I never got a NOPA but my bi asked me about a paid debt but I was never mailed anything prior.

Comment

• Originally posted by milperil View Post
                      I took my poly on March 27th and on April the 3rd, I was contacted via email with a letter to explained some paid collections I have on my credit. I received the letter at 12pm by 3 pm I already faxed the statement with proof lol. Today again I received another email saying they can't verify one of my sisters' residency status, so I emailed back with the information that was asked. Now I'm just wondering, does that possibility mean I passed the polygraph, since I feel like they're moving on with my background? I haven't got any results for the poly. I hope my assumption is correct. Anybody has had a familiar situation? I'd like to be hopeful lol.

Did they ask you national security questions: terrorism, classified info leak, ect? Just asking because I took mine today and got feedback that I passed, though I would probably have to go back for NS questions.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thecldriver View Post
                        I think it's safe to say that you passed your poly. What you received is a Notice of personal action. Soon a bi should be calling you. Weird I never got a NOPA but my bi asked me about a paid debt but I was never mailed anything prior.
                        Oh ok. Maybe your debt was too recent. But thanks for the reply. I'm feeling better lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by jl692013 View Post
                          Did they ask you national security questions: terrorism, classified info leak, ect? Just asking because I took mine today and got feedback that I passed, though I would probably have to go back for NS questions.
                          Yes they did ask me national security questions but I don't remember specific questions. Maybe you did passs. Hope for the best.

Comment

• Originally posted by milperil View Post
                            Oh ok. Maybe your debt was too recent. But thanks for the reply. I'm feeling better lol.
                            This debt was old. Something I learned everyone gets handled differently. so I'm not surprised.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thecldriver View Post
                              This debt was old. Something I learned everyone gets handled differently. so I'm not surprised.
                              Yes that's true.

Comment

• Originally posted by joshk24 View Post
                                I hope to make I through unscathed as this is my only chance. Can't reapply in 3 years. I've waited too long to be eliminated because of a poly, so I'm just going tell the truth as I have nothing to hide.
                                Yes I feel the same way. With other options involving my family having to move out of state, I don't even feel like I have the option to wait for a retest if it comes down to that.

Not looking forward to this. I've had 3 polys and failed the last one cause apparently I am a drug addict and I didn't know it.
                                Florida/Caribbean 14-2 -- GS-07

07/14 Applied to Florida/Caribbean 14-2
                                08/14 Notified: qualification to take exam
                                09/13/14 Written exam
                                10/31/14 NOR 100 (No Vet Points)
                                1/9/15 Notice of TS / Grade:GS-07
                                2/4/15 Physical Exam and PFT1 PASSED
                                2/6/15 Background Released to IA
                                2/18/15 VBT/SI (Tampa) PASSED
                                4/14/15 Polygraph (Tampa)
                                4/30/15 Notified of unsuitable polygraph and removed from consideration

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9797 users online. 499 members and 9298 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X