300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by joshk24 View Post
    I didn't get a choice of time. Only had 4 days all with the same time. By the time I responded to email there was only 2 days left.

Yes I am in the fl region. Havent heard any horror stories of failed polys from chicago! Seem to be alot of horror stories from polys in fl.
    Yes I have heard these as well. The investigator isn't from the area though. He has never been to this office. So I can't listen to any stories from here cause they were obviously with different investigators.

Well, good luck to you. Hopefully we both make it through unscathed.
    Florida/Caribbean 14-2 -- GS-07

07/14 Applied to Florida/Caribbean 14-2
    08/14 Notified: qualification to take exam
    09/13/14 Written exam
    10/31/14 NOR 100 (No Vet Points)
    1/9/15 Notice of TS / Grade:GS-07
    2/4/15 Physical Exam and PFT1 PASSED
    2/6/15 Background Released to IA
    2/18/15 VBT/SI (Tampa) PASSED
    4/14/15 Polygraph (Tampa)
    4/30/15 Notified of unsuitable polygraph and removed from consideration

Comment

• Originally posted by hello_reason View Post
      Hello, this is my first post on here and sorry in advance for just jumping in, but I really don't know where else to ask this type of question. I'll try and make a long story short.

I am POST certified, but ended up working on a federal contract through ICE and have worked as a contracted Detention officer for just over 4 years now. In order to get my position as a contractor I had to pass an e-quip investigation through the government.
      I applied for a CBPO position back in July of 2014.
      I passed written exam with a score of 89
      I passed Medical / Fitness
      I passed VBT / and Oral Board
      I passed Poly on March 25th, (he told me they would send the results in and I would hear something back but never have)
      One week after Poly a BI called me only to ask about the "area" of the Bay area that she would be covering for me, and she said that I would be contacted by another BI sometime soon.
      Yesterday I checked my CASS system and all my checklists have been removed and the only thing there says " Reffered to Schedule EOD" 4/2/15 "You have been reffered to the scheduling unit" . . .

I guess I'm still in backgrounds but what exactly does this mean at this point? I'm I just in the waiting game now? When I get my next call are they going to schedule Fitness test 2? and then I go to academy a month later? and I guess my biggest question is how come my Drug test and Background / qualifications were never checked off on CASS ?

Any suggestions or information would be extremely appreciated at this point. Either way I'm just happy to be in the pipeline. My family and I can wait patiently, it's better waiting knowing that I'm in the pipeline than to be removed from the list like they do at PD's.
      You are good to go!! You'll be getting "the call" anytime now. Your drug screen might happen before or after this. You will not be sent to your pft2 until you get the call, offered a location and accept. You will receive a form stating something along the lines of "your case is still under investigation even though a final offer has been made. If anything unfavorable is made available during this time, your offer can and will be terminated". After receiving this call/offer, I've been noticing about 3 to 6 weeks before you will EOD to your POE. You'll then report to the academy, from your POE about 30 days later. This trip will be paid for and arranged by the agency. Good luck..

Comment

• Damn! Nice to hear. Thanks for the help as well. and to dkman as well. I'll keep you guys posted on what happens next. Thanks again. I'll stick around and join this forum and help when I can with people still in the process that have not taken things that I've already taken.

Comment

• Called BI today he has submitted everything. I hope I get the call I have been working for this since I was 16. I don't post a tremendous amount because I try not to worry, stress out, just take every step and a time. I'll provide a rough timeline because I don't feel like searching for the dates and don't forget everyone is different. 14-2 Central East Coast
          7/14 apply
          9/14 written
          10 /14 results
          11 /14 fingerprint and eqip
          12/14 medical and pft 1
          1/14 Vbt and Si
          3/14 Poly
          4/14 BI interview and submission

Comment

• Originally posted by JKWolfe View Post
            Hello everyone I am new to this forum but have been reading quite a bit for a while! I am a 14-3 applicant and I am wondering if there are anymore 14-3 applicants and how far along are you? I was notified last week that I passed my VBT/SI my other question is how long after the VBT/SI does it normally take to be notified of the next step which I assume is the poly and back ground?
            I'm 14-3 also, we are on the same boat however, I had already submitted the E-qip and it shows that it is in the Security Office. Just waiting on them to schedule my poly.
            CBPO 14-3

Geo: Central East Coast
            Tested: 11/20/2014
            NOR: 1/12/15 (94 W Vet Points)
            Tentative Select: 1/23/15
            Medical & PFT1: 2/17/15
            VBT & SI: 3/19/15
            Eqip Submitted: 3/20/15 in security office
            Poly: 5/4/2015 (Passed)

Comment

• During the polygraph test does everyone get asked about foreign contacts etc. ?

Comment

• Usually I believe we sign a confidentiality agreement to not discuss questions on the polygraph.

Comment

• Originally posted by dkman View Post
                  Usually I believe we sign a confidentiality agreement to not discuss questions on the polygraph.
                  I'm not asking for specific questions.. what I want to know is if everyone gets the national security part of the polygraph.

Comment

• You will receive a provisional clearance just to grt your EOD and academy date. You will still meet with an investigator before or during your time at FLETC.
                    Start practicing for pft2. I heard some people fail (IDK how) I meet with my BI tomorrow but I already have an EOD date. You should be getting a call very soon.

Comment

• Just be ready to answer any question you are asked.

Comment

• Originally posted by Precious539 View Post
                        During the polygraph test does everyone get asked about foreign contacts etc. ?
                        Look at your sf-86 and there's your answer

Comment

• Took my VBT and SI Monday Morning in Chicago. Just got the passing email (2 days later!) woooooo bring on the BI/Poly

Comment

• Originally posted by Umcdoj1 View Post
                            Look at your sf-86 and there's your answer
                            I already took the polygraph.. some people were telling me if you work for the government already or DHS they don't ask you national security questions..so telling me to look on the form is not an answer

Comment

• Originally posted by Rapiyiyi View Post
                              You will receive a provisional clearance just to grt your EOD and academy date. You will still meet with an investigator before or during your time at FLETC.
                              Start practicing for pft2. I heard some people fail (IDK how) I meet with my BI tomorrow but I already have an EOD date. You should be getting a call very soon.
                              That is interesting. I did receive a call from tsu before I met investigator to schedule something first week in May but I will be away for a week. They agreed to hold until I get back. So I'll probably get a call right after.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike924 View Post
                                Yes I have heard these as well. The investigator isn't from the area though. He has never been to this office. So I can't listen to any stories from here cause they were obviously with different investigators.

Well, good luck to you. Hopefully we both make it through unscathed.
                                I hope to make I through unscathed as this is my only chance. Can't reapply in 3 years. I've waited too long to be eliminated because of a poly, so I'm just going tell the truth as I have nothing to hide.
                                Geo- Florida
                                CBPO Exam- 9/25/13
                                NOR- 98 10/25/13
                                Qual- GS 7
                                TSL- 2/28/14
                                PFT1/Medical- 3/12/14
                                VBT/SI- 5/9/14
                                VBT/SI- eligible 5/14/14
                                BI E-QIP received- 10/03/14
                                BI E-QIP submitted- 10/06/14
                                BI E-QIP in Security Office- 01/06/15

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7526 users online. 403 members and 7123 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X