So according to my examiner I failed AGAIN. Waiting game begins AGAIN

07/23/14 Applied to Central East Coast 14-2
    09/21/14 Written exam
    11/18/14 Notice of TS
    11/21/14 TSL packet received
    12/17/14 PFT1/MED PASSED
    01/06/15 VBT/SI PASSED
    02/25/15 poly (JFK) waiting for final results
    Don't let that make you loose your sleep... His/Her word is NOT final. There's still hope!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Steph631_ View Post

09/21/14 Written exam
      11/18/14 Notice of TS
      12/17/14 PFT1/MED PASSED
      01/06/15 VBT/SI PASSED
      Wow sorry to hear that,, do they just stop at that question or did you complete the whole test?

Comment

• Originally posted by Etoolqual View Post
        Anyone know exactly how long this CBP entrance exam is? Is it just like a regular POST exam you'd take with another LE agency? Such as the same info? My email states duration: 300. I would assume that's in minutes.
        I am taking my CBP exam tomorrow and it also says 300 minutes. It is schedule 9am-2pm so I assume it will be the full time.
        USSS Uniformed Division
        04/30/15 Applied to Announcement
        06/18/15 Received Notice To Take POST Exam
        06/22/15 POST Exam
        07/02/15 Passed POST
        07/17/15 SUPER Interview
        09/03/15 COE

Comment

• Originally posted by JH2015 View Post
          I am taking my CBP exam tomorrow and it also says 300 minutes. It is schedule 9am-2pm so I assume it will be the full time.
          They give you that much time, but you don't have to take it. Pretty sure almost everyone finishes before the allotted time.
          Florida/Caribbean 14-2 -- GS-07

07/14 Applied to Florida/Caribbean 14-2
          08/14 Notified: qualification to take exam
          09/13/14 Written exam
          10/31/14 NOR 100 (No Vet Points)
          1/9/15 Notice of TS / Grade:GS-07
          2/4/15 Physical Exam and PFT1 PASSED
          2/6/15 Background Released to IA
          2/18/15 VBT/SI (Tampa) PASSED
          4/14/15 Polygraph (Tampa)
          4/30/15 Notified of unsuitable polygraph and removed from consideration

Comment

• Originally posted by Steph631_ View Post
            Sorry to hear you are still in limbo. Will be keeping my fingers crossed for you!

09/13/14 Written exam

Comment

• Originally posted by joshk24 View Post
              Chicago, same place I did my vby/si. Of course the hotel right across the street is booked, so I will be braving the morning Chicago traffic!!
              Yea I told the guy to schedule me in the afternoon since I am driving from the Atlantic to the Gulf. He was good with that.

Forgive me for forgetting but you are FL region as well? Good to know they are at least going forward with some people, was starting to worry that they were out of spots.

09/13/14 Written exam

Comment

• Hey guys long time lurker here 14-3 applicant.

Unfortunately I failed the VBT which is very disappointing to me because I felt like I did well. I just tried to offer the best
                Customer service during the test possible.

After the vbt I waited roughly 20-30 minutes and was sent on my way home without doing the SI, the lady said if I had any questions to call MHC and I did, after explaining what happened MHC informed me that I most likely failed the VBT. This is extremely disappointing especially because I never expected to fail out on the vbt.

My advice for the 15-1 applicants is be confident when taking the test.

I've been keeping up to date with most of you guys in the process and wish you guys luck with the poly retakes and the upcoming tests.

Comment

• Originally posted by JH2015 View Post
                  Gotcha. Mine is scheduled for saturday. I have a VA appointment I need to got to so I will reschedule and not risk it, even if I finish early.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike924 View Post
                    Yea I told the guy to schedule me in the afternoon since I am driving from the Atlantic to the Gulf. He was good with that.

Forgive me for forgetting but you are FL region as well? Good to know they are at least going forward with some people, was starting to worry that they were out of spots.
                    I didn't get a choice of time. Only had 4 days all with the same time. By the time I responded to email there was only 2 days left.

Yes I am in the fl region. Havent heard any horror stories of failed polys from chicago! Seem to be alot of horror stories from polys in fl.
                    Geo- Florida
                    CBPO Exam- 9/25/13
                    NOR- 98 10/25/13
                    Qual- GS 7
                    TSL- 2/28/14
                    PFT1/Medical- 3/12/14
                    VBT/SI- 5/9/14
                    VBT/SI- eligible 5/14/14
                    BI E-QIP received- 10/03/14
                    BI E-QIP submitted- 10/06/14
                    BI E-QIP in Security Office- 01/06/15

Comment

• Hello, this is my first post on here and sorry in advance for just jumping in, but I really don't know where else to ask this type of question. I'll try and make a long story short.

I am POST certified, but ended up working on a federal contract through ICE and have worked as a contracted Detention officer for just over 4 years now. In order to get my position as a contractor I had to pass an e-quip investigation through the government.
                      I applied for a CBPO position back in July of 2014.
                      I passed written exam with a score of 89
                      I passed Medical / Fitness
                      I passed VBT / and Oral Board
                      I passed Poly on March 25th, (he told me they would send the results in and I would hear something back but never have)
                      One week after Poly a BI called me only to ask about the "area" of the Bay area that she would be covering for me, and she said that I would be contacted by another BI sometime soon.
                      Yesterday I checked my CASS system and all my checklists have been removed and the only thing there says " Reffered to Schedule EOD" 4/2/15 "You have been reffered to the scheduling unit" . . .

I guess I'm still in backgrounds but what exactly does this mean at this point? I'm I just in the waiting game now? When I get my next call are they going to schedule Fitness test 2? and then I go to academy a month later? and I guess my biggest question is how come my Drug test and Background / qualifications were never checked off on CASS ?

Any suggestions or information would be extremely appreciated at this point. Either way I'm just happy to be in the pipeline. My family and I can wait patiently, it's better waiting knowing that I'm in the pipeline than to be removed from the list like they do at PD's.

Comment

• Originally posted by Precious539 View Post
                        Wow sorry to hear that,, do they just stop at that question or did you complete the whole test?
                        Completed the test.

09/21/14 Written exam
                        11/18/14 Notice of TS
                        12/17/14 PFT1/MED PASSED
                        01/06/15 VBT/SI PASSED

Comment

• Originally posted by hello_reason View Post
                          Hello, this is my first post on here and sorry in advance for just jumping in, but I really don't know where else to ask this type of question. I'll try and make a long story short.

I am POST certified, but ended up working on a federal contract through ICE and have worked as a contracted Detention officer for just over 4 years now. In order to get my position as a contractor I had to pass an e-quip investigation through the government.
                          I applied for a CBPO position back in July of 2014.
                          I passed written exam with a score of 89
                          I passed Medical / Fitness
                          I passed VBT / and Oral Board
                          I passed Poly on March 25th, (he told me they would send the results in and I would hear something back but never have)
                          One week after Poly a BI called me only to ask about the "area" of the Bay area that she would be covering for me, and she said that I would be contacted by another BI sometime soon.
                          Yesterday I checked my CASS system and all my checklists have been removed and the only thing there says " Reffered to Schedule EOD" 4/2/15 "You have been reffered to the scheduling unit" . . .

I guess I'm still in backgrounds but what exactly does this mean at this point? I'm I just in the waiting game now? When I get my next call are they going to schedule Fitness test 2? and then I go to academy a month later? and I guess my biggest question is how come my Drug test and Background / qualifications were never checked off on CASS ?

Any suggestions or information would be extremely appreciated at this point. Either way I'm just happy to be in the pipeline. My family and I can wait patiently, it's better waiting knowing that I'm in the pipeline than to be removed from the list like they do at PD's.
                          Don't worry. I have almost the identical timeline and my CASS never checked those off but switched to Referred for EOD thing.

Comment

• I'm applying for the West Coast and live in the San Francisco bay area. ( I'm willing to relocate though ). So what should be the next step in the process? I've heard about them sending people to the academy while still in backgrounds... So am I waiting for a call ?

Comment

• Originally posted by hello_reason View Post
                              I'm applying for the West Coast and live in the San Francisco bay area. ( I'm willing to relocate though ). So what should be the next step in the process? I've heard about them sending people to the academy while still in backgrounds... So am I waiting for a call ?
                              You get a call for pft2 then you have your EOD. You spend about a month at that location training paperwork etc then you go to Academy.

Comment

• Sorry to over clarify my question. I think it's just excitement mixed with the "unknown" at this point. But technically. . . I'm not waiting for backgrounds even though they are still verifying my information on my e-quip? I know they "say" that they were hiring a lot and just had three hiring groups that included the West Coast, but what kind of wait should I be expecting? I've heard it all depends and some people don't wait as long as others. . .

by the way, thanks for the advice and help.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4924 users online. 196 members and 4728 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X