Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Yeah, I didn't know it, but my credit had been pulled on the 17th. Hope all will go well. I have no driving infractions, no criminal history, great credit, relatively young and haven't moved a lot, so should be a breeze.

    Comment


    • If I take the Border Patrol test will I have to go through all that med/fit stuff again? Or do they get the records from my CBPO application process?

      Comment


      • Bi

        Some info for those waiting on BI. On a whim, i checked my free credit report yesterday. It said Customs pulled my info on 9/17/2008. Driving today, i had a missed call and voicemail. The V-mail was from an investigator stating he needed another reference not listed on my SF-86. I called him back when i got home and he said he got my file from their online database and said the only thing it wanted him to do was get one more personal reference. He asked when my interview was and i said he's the first contact i've had. He said, all it tells me to do is get on more reference. He asked me to call her and give her a heads up that he'd be calling her this evening if possible and it would take him 2 or 3 minutes. Not sure if im reading too much optimism into it, but it sounds good to me. He seems to think that this is all he needs to do because i had an interim clearance for cbp back in march of 2007. Im waiting by the horn to see if he calls me back. The whole point of this post is to let everyone know that you never know what is happening with your case and when you might get a call regarding it. Wish me luck and good luck!

        Comment


        • Originally posted by MilwaukeeBucks View Post
          If I take the Border Patrol test will I have to go through all that med/fit stuff again? Or do they get the records from my CBPO application process?
          they outta honor the medical, but the fitness is a bit different. I think you gotta do 20 pushups or something...

          Comment


          • Originally posted by MilwaukeeBucks View Post
            If I take the Border Patrol test will I have to go through all that med/fit stuff again? Or do they get the records from my CBPO application process?
            Your Medical, Drug test and BI will carry over. The fitness test is technically different (although 'more difficult' ...relatively speaking), so you will have to do theirs. This is the reason I am ahead of most of the August tester group; I took the BPA written back in February and they had all of that stuff carry over.
            "Officer, you are kinda hot."

            "And you are kinda intoxicated."

            Comment


            • Since I am meeting my investigator tomorrow. Is there a certain dres code I should follow? Keep in mind he will be coming over my house.

              Comment


              • Personally, I'd still dress nice. I dunno, it's just a general rule of thumb when I'm dealing with any of these people. Play the part of the guy trying to get the job and be professional, regardless of where you're meeting up or whatever.

                But to be fair, it's your home. Your call.
                "Officer, you are kinda hot."

                "And you are kinda intoxicated."

                Comment


                • Originally posted by grullj View Post
                  Since I am meeting my investigator tomorrow. Is there a certain dres code I should follow? Keep in mind he will be coming over my house.
                  "Top Coat. Top Hat." Sorry, just a little ZZ Top reference. Business casual will do the trick.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                    "Top Coat. Top Hat." Sorry, just a little ZZ Top reference. Business casual will do the trick.
                    He has a point. Women DO go crazy for a sharp dressed man.
                    "Officer, you are kinda hot."

                    "And you are kinda intoxicated."

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by sap123 View Post
                      He has a point. Women DO go crazy for a sharp dressed man.
                      He may also consider a "Pearl Necklace"...
                      Ok thats enough.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by sap123 View Post
                        Your Medical, Drug test and BI will carry over. The fitness test is technically different (although 'more difficult' ...relatively speaking), so you will have to do theirs. This is the reason I am ahead of most of the August tester group; I took the BPA written back in February and they had all of that stuff carry over.
                        I did the exact same thing, I took the BPA test in Dec 07. The Med, BI, and Drug Test transferred over to this side. I actually got the call from BP last week and declined their offer for this job so I could stay in Miami. It's good though, all I have left is the VBT, hopefully they schedule that soon.
                        GEO Pref: MIA
                        Written: 8/08 (99 w/VP)
                        TO: 9/08
                        Pre-employment Forms: Completed
                        Medical: Completed
                        Fitness: Completed
                        VBT: Completed 12/4
                        BI: Completed
                        Qualifications: Completed
                        TSU: 12/4
                        EOD: 2/17
                        FLETC: 3/12 Class 934

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by grullj View Post
                          Since I am meeting my investigator tomorrow. Is there a certain dres code I should follow? Keep in mind he will be coming over my house.
                          Keep in mind this is the person who's opinion of you could make the difference whether you clear the BI or not. Personally, I wore slacks and a nice polo shirt. You should really want to try to make a good impression on this person. If it's early in the day, have some coffee brewed for them. Be sure to ask them if they would like a drink; water or something like that. Be courteous and hospitable, but don't be a tool or a kiss *****.
                          GEO Pref: MIA
                          Written: 8/08 (99 w/VP)
                          TO: 9/08
                          Pre-employment Forms: Completed
                          Medical: Completed
                          Fitness: Completed
                          VBT: Completed 12/4
                          BI: Completed
                          Qualifications: Completed
                          TSU: 12/4
                          EOD: 2/17
                          FLETC: 3/12 Class 934

                          Comment


                          • Just a reminder to all applicants, read the whole thread.

                            The answers to almost all your questions(and many others) lie somewhere within the 191 plus pages of this thread. Do your own homework and search out your own answers. It's a skill that'll likely serve you greatly in the future.

                            Comment


                            • got a question, so im filling out all my pre employment forms and im confused as to whether or not i am supposed to sign where it says "appointee's signature" on the OF-306 Declaration for Federal Emploment form?

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by USMC3537 View Post
                                I did the exact same thing, I took the BPA test in Dec 07. The Med, BI, and Drug Test transferred over to this side. I actually got the call from BP last week and declined their offer for this job so I could stay in Miami. It's good though, all I have left is the VBT, hopefully they schedule that soon.
                                I'm in the same boat as you, as I'm doing the VBT in a couple of weeks and then hopefully I'll be off to TSU before the end of the year. When did you get your med/fit/BI done? Looking at when you got your TO, you shouldn't have to do the refreshes in a few months, but if you did, that would be
                                "Officer, you are kinda hot."

                                "And you are kinda intoxicated."

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 8630 users online. 232 members and 8398 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X