Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Have they called you for poly mike?

    Comment


    • Just got an email stating I failed my poly. Good luck for all who's still in it.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by T-Rex Arms View Post
        Just got an email stating I failed my poly. Good luck for all who's still in it.
        How long until they reached out to you by email? Did they told you why in it? Good luck to you too in what you plan to do

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Pastelon View Post
          How long until they reached out to you by email? Did they told you why in it? Good luck to you too in what you plan to do
          Two weeks according to my timeline. The examiner didn't say if I pass or failed. Just asked if I would come back if needed. The email title says: Final Remove from Consideration - Unfavorable Polygraph‏. Doesn't have any explanation.

          Comment


          • yea I guess it was a NOPA... damn. Maybe I should have lied my way thru the whole thing or been honest in the 1st place.. I just wanted to get thru

            Comment


            • Originally posted by T-Rex Arms View Post
              Two weeks according to my timeline. The examiner didn't say if I pass or failed. Just asked if I would come back if needed. The email title says: Final Remove from Consideration - Unfavorable Polygraph‏. Doesn't have any explanation.
              Sorry to hear this.

              Are you still in the running for NYPD? When I lived on Long Island I had two friends who were NYPD and they LOVED their jobs. The pay is getting better there too.
              Florida/Caribbean 14-2 -- GS-07

              07/14 Applied to Florida/Caribbean 14-2
              08/14 Notified: qualification to take exam
              09/13/14 Written exam
              10/31/14 NOR 100 (No Vet Points)
              1/9/15 Notice of TS / Grade:GS-07
              2/4/15 Physical Exam and PFT1 PASSED
              2/6/15 Background Released to IA
              2/18/15 VBT/SI (Tampa) PASSED
              4/14/15 Polygraph (Tampa)
              4/30/15 Notified of unsuitable polygraph and removed from consideration

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Pastelon View Post
                Have they called you for poly mike?
                That's a big fat negatory.
                Maybe they ran out of positions.
                Florida/Caribbean 14-2 -- GS-07

                07/14 Applied to Florida/Caribbean 14-2
                08/14 Notified: qualification to take exam
                09/13/14 Written exam
                10/31/14 NOR 100 (No Vet Points)
                1/9/15 Notice of TS / Grade:GS-07
                2/4/15 Physical Exam and PFT1 PASSED
                2/6/15 Background Released to IA
                2/18/15 VBT/SI (Tampa) PASSED
                4/14/15 Polygraph (Tampa)
                4/30/15 Notified of unsuitable polygraph and removed from consideration

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Mike924 View Post
                  Sorry to hear this.

                  Are you still in the running for NYPD? When I lived on Long Island I had two friends who were NYPD and they LOVED their jobs. The pay is getting better there too.
                  Yeah I am. Nassau and Suffolk is where the money is but I believe they are different from NYPD. Pretty hard to get in as well. Also put my name in the hat for TBTA.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by T-Rex Arms View Post
                    Yeah I am. Nassau and Suffolk is where the money is but I believe they are different from NYPD. Pretty hard to get in as well. Also put my name in the hat for TBTA.
                    Yea I took the Suffolk test in 2007 or 2008, whenever they did around that time frame. Over 30,000 people from around the country took the test. I placed somewhere around 3100. And they still told me I had almost no chance of getting a position within the 4 years before the next exam. It's pretty much like winning the lottery. I mean really, $110,000 base salary after 5 years for being a LEO?!
                    Florida/Caribbean 14-2 -- GS-07

                    07/14 Applied to Florida/Caribbean 14-2
                    08/14 Notified: qualification to take exam
                    09/13/14 Written exam
                    10/31/14 NOR 100 (No Vet Points)
                    1/9/15 Notice of TS / Grade:GS-07
                    2/4/15 Physical Exam and PFT1 PASSED
                    2/6/15 Background Released to IA
                    2/18/15 VBT/SI (Tampa) PASSED
                    4/14/15 Polygraph (Tampa)
                    4/30/15 Notified of unsuitable polygraph and removed from consideration

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by T-Rex Arms View Post
                      Yeah I am. Nassau and Suffolk is where the money is but I believe they are different from NYPD. Pretty hard to get in as well. Also put my name in the hat for TBTA.
                      What region did you apply for?

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Mike924 View Post
                        That's a big fat negatory.
                        Maybe they ran out of positions.
                        Guess we'll be stuck waiting

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Thecldriver View Post
                          What region did you apply for?
                          Central east.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by T-Rex Arms View Post
                            Two weeks according to my timeline. The examiner didn't say if I pass or failed. Just asked if I would come back if needed. The email title says: Final Remove from Consideration - Unfavorable Polygraph‏. Doesn't have any explanation.
                            I took my poly mid Feb and I got the same email at 10:46am today. I seriously did not see that coming. I kind of feel like I was betrayed at this point.

                            I've had ample opportunity in my life to be a truly unfavorable candidate, but I always stayed on the straight and narrow. I moved out of NY at age 21 and became a correctional officer in another state when I saw nothing here for me anymore. My friends/family were either overseas in the military, in jail/prison or on drugs. I ended up having to resign 2 years later and move back here due to my grandmother being diagnosed with Alzheimer's and needing 24/7 care. That was 5 years ago.

                            Anyway, I think they lost out. I'm sure we would have been great candidates. I'm not even going to get into the validity of the polygraph, but If you want to see it in action, feel free to tune in to Maury where it's used to find "baby daddy's". But hey, just reapply in 3 years, because surely whatever caused us to fail the poly will have worked itself out by then.

                            Anyway, I'll take a step down from my soapbox. I'm taking the Suffolk exam in June. I'm not expecting anything to come of it. After that, I think I'm done with law enforcement. There's a lot of smoke and mirrors and shady practices and I'm tired of it. I'm not talking about just CBP, but other agencies and even ones I've been involved in. I just need to take care of my family now. I'll mop floors and enjoy it at this point.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Valk View Post
                              I took my poly mid Feb and I got the same email at 10:46am today. I seriously did not see that coming. I kind of feel like I was betrayed at this point.

                              I've had ample opportunity in my life to be a truly unfavorable candidate, but I always stayed on the straight and narrow. I moved out of NY at age 21 and became a correctional officer in another state when I saw nothing here for me anymore. My friends/family were either overseas in the military, in jail/prison or on drugs. I ended up having to resign 2 years later and move back here due to my grandmother being diagnosed with Alzheimer's and needing 24/7 care. That was 5 years ago.

                              Anyway, I think they lost out. I'm sure we would have been great candidates. I'm not even going to get into the validity of the polygraph, but If you want to see it in action, feel free to tune in to Maury where it's used to find "baby daddy's". But hey, just reapply in 3 years, because surely whatever caused us to fail the poly will have worked itself out by then.

                              Anyway, I'll take a step down from my soapbox. I'm taking the Suffolk exam in June. I'm not expecting anything to come of it. After that, I think I'm done with law enforcement. There's a lot of smoke and mirrors and shady practices and I'm tired of it. I'm not talking about just CBP, but other agencies and even ones I've been involved in. I just need to take care of my family now. I'll mop floors and enjoy it at this point.
                              Sorry to hear all that. Don't stress too much about the notice. Doors will close and open, just be there to step through. GL on Suffolk.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Valk View Post
                                I took my poly mid Feb and I got the same email at 10:46am today. I seriously did not see that coming. I kind of feel like I was betrayed at this point.

                                I've had ample opportunity in my life to be a truly unfavorable candidate, but I always stayed on the straight and narrow. I moved out of NY at age 21 and became a correctional officer in another state when I saw nothing here for me anymore. My friends/family were either overseas in the military, in jail/prison or on drugs. I ended up having to resign 2 years later and move back here due to my grandmother being diagnosed with Alzheimer's and needing 24/7 care. That was 5 years ago.

                                Anyway, I think they lost out. I'm sure we would have been great candidates. I'm not even going to get into the validity of the polygraph, but If you want to see it in action, feel free to tune in to Maury where it's used to find "baby daddy's". But hey, just reapply in 3 years, because surely whatever caused us to fail the poly will have worked itself out by then.

                                Anyway, I'll take a step down from my soapbox. I'm taking the Suffolk exam in June. I'm not expecting anything to come of it. After that, I think I'm done with law enforcement. There's a lot of smoke and mirrors and shady practices and I'm tired of it. I'm not talking about just CBP, but other agencies and even ones I've been involved in. I just need to take care of my family now. I'll mop floors and enjoy it at this point.
                                Dont give up! If you want to do FLE then do it! Don't let one hurdle stop you. Everyone who has applied for these positions has faced similar let downs. Diversify your application pool. There are tons of FLE agencies out there! Some don't use usajobs. Instead of going after 1 or 2 agencies, go for 5-7. Trust me, you will be surprised and then you will realize your time with CBP prepared you to get the job you were destined for. Good luck, keep your head up

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 9703 users online. 475 members and 9228 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X