300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CZ_Kid View Post
    Has your CASS updated? I had my poly about 2 weeks ago, all my contacts were interviewed last week and I just sat with my lead BI on Friday. I would say my BI is far from complete yet my CASS ironically shows a green check stating my background is complete. I've been in the process long enough to know not to get caught up with CASS nor with the status of other applicants. Everything will pan out in due time. I've also been receiving calls to try and schedule this "appointment" which cant be disclosed to me but Occupational Services has been running into problems getting me an appointment due to the holidays. I'm pretty sure this is the drug screening which I'll probably have done this week.
    Nothing as of yet on the cass update end. You are lucky my friend to have moved along soo quick. What region are you applying to? Also how long have you started the process.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thecldriver View Post
      Nothing as of yet on the cass update end. You are lucky my friend to have moved along soo quick. What region are you applying to? Also how long have you started the process.
      Quick? Applied and tested back in mid 2010. Was hired by another agancy in 2011. Nothing started moving for me with CBP till early 2014 after changing my geo from Florida to Central East Coast. Nothing has been quick for me up until 2 weeks ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by BJL905 View Post
        Has anyone ever heard of a trainee failing the pistol qualification and being sent home from FLETC? If so, how long after failing does the trainee get sent home?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Failing pistol qual? Yes. Being sent home? No. If you fail your pistol quals they send you back in the evenings for remedial training. Everyone that I know that failed the initial qual then passed after their remedial training. BTW, since the remedials are after hours, you also get paid O/T!

Comment

• Originally posted by 66Pony View Post
          Failing pistol qual? Yes. Being sent home? No. If you fail your pistol quals they send you back in the evenings for remedial training. Everyone that I know that failed the initial qual then passed after their remedial training. BTW, since the remedials are after hours, you also get paid O/T!
          Do you think they will believe that someone who is past military and law enforcement can't shoot straight?
          Florida/Caribbean 14-2 -- GS-07

07/14 Applied to Florida/Caribbean 14-2
          08/14 Notified: qualification to take exam
          09/13/14 Written exam
          10/31/14 NOR 100 (No Vet Points)
          1/9/15 Notice of TS / Grade:GS-07
          2/4/15 Physical Exam and PFT1 PASSED
          2/6/15 Background Released to IA
          2/18/15 VBT/SI (Tampa) PASSED
          4/14/15 Polygraph (Tampa)
          4/30/15 Notified of unsuitable polygraph and removed from consideration

Comment

• Had an interesting thing happen to me.........
            Met for my Poly, instructor said Id take one practice and then the real thing. We did the pre questions, "if I wanted to be honest about anything...", so I decided to be honest and admit I had smoke pot. I then took the practice poly then took a break. After the break, he figured out that I didn't admit to smoking pot on the original forms (I wanted to move on in the process), so he then made me fill a document about why I changed my answers and sign it. He said he would send it to DC and we never took the poly, he said it was all a long process.

Im wondering if I'm screwed, he said pot wasnt a big deal, and a lot of people lie about it originally... any one have a similar experience?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike924 View Post
              Do you think they will believe that someone who is past military and law enforcement can't shoot straight?
              Believe it or not, happens a lot at FLETC for the group of individuals you are mentioning and there ends up being a lot of butting heads. On the other hand, the non-shooters that have no prior habits (bad/good) do pretty well and are usually well liked by the firearms instructors.

Comment

• Originally posted by allen2470 View Post
                Had an interesting thing happen to me.........
                Met for my Poly, instructor said Id take one practice and then the real thing. We did the pre questions, "if I wanted to be honest about anything...", so I decided to be honest and admit I had smoke pot. I then took the practice poly then took a break. After the break, he figured out that I didn't admit to smoking pot on the original forms (I wanted to move on in the process), so he then made me fill a document about why I changed my answers and sign it. He said he would send it to DC and we never took the poly, he said it was all a long process.

Im wondering if I'm screwed, he said pot wasnt a big deal, and a lot of people lie about it originally... any one have a similar experience?
                Did you really do that and are you seriously asking people on this forum if you're screwed? LMAO!!!! Start looking for another job man. You're done. Smh....

Comment

How long ago? If I remember correctly, e-qip said to list drugs for the last 7 years. If it is before 7 and you did not list, you could be looking at a difficult road ahead.

Comment

• Originally posted by BJL905 View Post
                    Has anyone ever heard of a trainee failing the pistol qualification and being sent home from FLETC? If so, how long after failing does the trainee get sent home?

It's the rare person who fails pistol qualifications and repeated remedials.

Those who do get sent home..They're probably booted immediately that day...pretty much as soon as transport can be arranged.

Comment

At minimum you're probably looking at drawing a NOPA where you'll need to address both the drug usage and the reasoning behind not disclosing it originally.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike924 View Post

It's not just about shooting competently. It's very much about shooting "their" way.
                        Those who are rigid and not easily adaptable will probably face problems despite their "real world" abilities .

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                          At minimum you're probably looking at drawing a NOPA where you'll need to address both the drug usage and the reasoning behind not disclosing it originally.
                          Wasn't the nopa the document he made him sign ?

Comment

• Originally posted by CZ_Kid View Post
                            Believe it or not, happens a lot at FLETC for the group of individuals you are mentioning and there ends up being a lot of butting heads. On the other hand, the non-shooters that have no prior habits (bad/good) do pretty well and are usually well liked by the firearms instructors.
                            Yeah, I was told this by the cadre when I first joined the Army. I never touched a firearm before that, but excelled at BRM right from the start.

Then after the Army I went to the police academy. During firearm training there I was doing fine to start with, hitting between 70-75 out of 80 on each practice round. I was getting ****ed about not ever being able to get an 80, and an instructor told me to change my grip (strong thumb position). The next two rounds were in the 60's. He said, okay, might as well go back to what was working.

I eventually was able to get 2 perfect rounds in.

I know the whole bad habits and all that talk. It makes sense to me if you don't have formal military or LEO training. I figure the feds will try to get me to shoot some other way that I haven't shot before...and I'll have to learn it all over again. Never just let someone who can shoot straight do what works for them right? It has to be the way the fed reg states. lol

Don't get me wrong, I am open to trying new things. Whatever they tell me to do, I will do my best to master it if that is the way it HAS to be done. Just a new challenge.
                            Last edited by Mike924; 04-06-2015, 09:17 AM. Reason: added specific info

09/13/14 Written exam

Comment

• How far out do they go on the pistol range for qual? We did up to 30 yards at the police academy. The qual rounds also included firing from cover with reloading during that section.

09/13/14 Written exam

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                                It's not just about shooting competently. It's very much about shooting "their" way.
                                Those who are rigid and not easily adaptable will probably face problems despite their "real world" abilities .
                                I just want the O/T

09/13/14 Written exam

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10514 users online. 386 members and 10128 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X