12/22/14: VBT/SI examination
    12/29/14: VBT/SI "Eligible" Notice
    01/09/15: Submitted eQIP corrections
    01/13/15: eQIP sent to IA
    01/26/15: Credit pulled
    01/30/15: Email scheduling Polygraph Examination
    02/12/15: Polygraph (Passed)
    02/19/15: NOPA issued (2 medical bills)
    03/09/15: Received call from IA- NOPA returned for non delivery. They emailed it with an extension to reply.
    03/11/15: Submitted NOPA response
    03/23/15: Sent email asking for NOPA status
    03/23/15: Received email- NOPA accepted & BI to contact very soon for sit down interview

Pending Background Investigation in security office... Pending drug test... Pending PFT2
    Woww looks like going pretty quick. I hope mine will go that fast toi.

Comment

• Originally posted by SouthernTransfer View Post
      Now I know everyone is different but if someone asked "What is the average wait from poly to pft2?" What would your answer be?

I have the poly next week and not sure if it's typical but I had my credit pulled but none of my contacts from my BI have been talked too yet. Normal?

Took me 10-12 months.

Comment

• Originally posted by Megan_T24 View Post
        Took me 10-12 months.
        Wow from poly to pft2 10-12 months? That is a lot of time ugh, did something happen that you're willing to share?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pastelon View Post
          Wow from poly to pft2 10-12 months? That is a lot of time ugh, did something happen that you're willing to share?

Nothing that I was informed of. I lived in a lot of different places which I'm sure slowed it up.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinarsu View Post
            Woww looks like going pretty quick. I hope mine will go that fast toi.
            Yes, it has so far!!! You'll get there soon

Comment

• Ok here is my situation guys. I currently in police academy. When I get my scheduled date for an interview for cbp, I have to take a day off from the academy. It is going to be a problem. I have to tell them why and they probably will tell me bye. What should I do?

Comment

• Been following this thread for some time now. I am a central east coast applicant. So far I have been blessed to have completed all my steps including the poly graph. met with my BI 2 weeks ago and last week all my contacts and references were interviewed including myself. I saw one person claim to have a NOPA letter before actually starting the BI. Is it safe to safe I am clear of this? I had 1 late payment which I was asked to explain, which was justified and is now current. I believe my background should move a slight bit quicker due to me already being a federal leo for 6 years (total federal service 8 years), I have lived in only 2 residencies (besides college dorm) for all my life, and I don't own a passport nor have I ever traveled overseas.
                Last edited by Thecldriver; 04-05-2015, 12:33 PM.

Comment

Ok here is my situation guys. I currently in police academy. When I get my scheduled date for an interview for cbp, I have to take a day off from the academy. It is going to be a problem. I have to tell them why and they probably will tell me bye. What should I do?
                  You have a choice to make. You will definitely burn a bridge if you take off from the police academy. What if you don't make it through all the steps of cbp. You would have thrown away a great opportunity with the pd. My advice is try your best to get the day off without mentioning looking into another agency. Good luck to you.

Comment

Ok here is my situation guys. I currently in police academy. When I get my scheduled date for an interview for cbp, I have to take a day off from the academy. It is going to be a problem. I have to tell them why and they probably will tell me bye. What should I do?
                    Let me help. This isn't a self sponsored academy correct? You are there due to a firm job offer with the PD? Also, are you several years away from your 37th birthday? If both mentioned above are in your favor, respectfully withdraw your CBP application for now. Join the PD. Go hands on with a few individuals, do a few felony/high risk stops and maybe even a few FTY's. (All safely and within policy obviously) Once you hit a year with the PD, reapply for CBP. Doing this, you'll get all these thrills and rushes out of your system that you'll hardly get to experience with CBP. You'll also have that year under your belt which lets you apply as a GS-7. As mentioned above, you don't want to burn your bridges especially since you have something good going for you right now with the PD. You are especially screwed if you don't pass your interview or that poly that has been biting a lot of "good applicants" in the butt!!! We all know CBP hires several times a year and often is a mass hiring unlike USMS and others that open once a decade, looking for a single female with Vet preference. Sarcasm... but you get my point. I'm sure once you take a step back and think about all this, it's not too difficult a decision to make as long as you have that PD job and under the age. Best of luck to you and stay safe?

Comment

• VBT tomorrow morning. nervous but excited!

Comment

• Originally posted by Thecldriver View Post
                        Been following this thread for some time now. I am a central east coast applicant. So far I have been blessed to have completed all my steps including the poly graph. met with my BI 2 weeks ago and last week all my contacts and references were interviewed including myself. I saw one person claim to have a NOPA letter before actually starting the BI. Is it safe to safe I am clear of this? I had 1 late payment which I was asked to explain, which was justified and is now current. I believe my background should move a slight bit quicker due to me already being a federal leo for 6 years (total federal service 8 years), I have lived in only 2 residencies (besides college dorm) for all my life, and I don't own a passport nor have I ever traveled overseas.
                        Has your CASS updated? I had my poly about 2 weeks ago, all my contacts were interviewed last week and I just sat with my lead BI on Friday. I would say my BI is far from complete yet my CASS ironically shows a green check stating my background is complete. I've been in the process long enough to know not to get caught up with CASS nor with the status of other applicants. Everything will pan out in due time. I've also been receiving calls to try and schedule this "appointment" which cant be disclosed to me but Occupational Services has been running into problems getting me an appointment due to the holidays. I'm pretty sure this is the drug screening which I'll probably have done this week.

Comment

• Originally posted by CZ_Kid View Post
                          Let me help. This isn't a self sponsored academy correct? You are there due to a firm job offer with the PD? Also, are you several years away from your 37th birthday? If both mentioned above are in your favor, respectfully withdraw your CBP application for now. Join the PD. Go hands on with a few individuals, do a few felony/high risk stops and maybe even a few FTY's. (All safely and within policy obviously) Once you hit a year with the PD, reapply for CBP. Doing this, you'll get all these thrills and rushes out of your system that you'll hardly get to experience with CBP. You'll also have that year under your belt which lets you apply as a GS-7. As mentioned above, you don't want to burn your bridges especially since you have something good going for you right now with the PD. You are especially screwed if you don't pass your interview or that poly that has been biting a lot of "good applicants" in the butt!!! We all know CBP hires several times a year and often is a mass hiring unlike USMS and others that open once a decade, looking for a single female with Vet preference. Sarcasm... but you get my point. I'm sure once you take a step back and think about all this, it's not too difficult a decision to make as long as you have that PD job and under the age. Best of luck to you and stay safe?
                          Thank you for your advise. I worked as a police officer before I got hired by different police department. I did a lot f police work high risk and low risk. I have 4 more years before I hit 37. I took 3 poly. 2 for local 1 for federal and passed all. I believe poly is all about honesty. My husband is federal agent and very supportive with any decision I make. I just need to make my mind and go with it. I think I am going to take one day at a time. CBP might work with scheduling.. again thank you and will do my best.

Comment

Thank you for your advise. I worked as a police officer before I got hired by different police department. I did a lot f police work high risk and low risk. I have 4 more years before I hit 37. I took 3 poly. 2 for local 1 for federal and passed all. I believe poly is all about honesty. My husband is federal agent and very supportive with any decision I make. I just need to make my mind and go with it. I think I am going to take one day at a time. CBP might work with scheduling.. again thank you and will do my best.

Gotcha, good luck and I hope everything works out.

Comment

• Has anyone ever heard of a trainee failing the pistol qualification and being sent home from FLETC? If so, how long after failing does the trainee get sent home?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Happy Easter !

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6996 users online. 321 members and 6675 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X