300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pinarsu View Post
    Thank you. Do you know how long the process takes? I mean what is the average for the day you get the tentative letter and the day you start the academy.
    No. I'm on the polygraph stage so not sure. About 2 years i think

07/23/14 Applied to Central East Coast 14-2
    09/21/14 Written exam
    11/18/14 Notice of TS
    11/21/14 TSL packet received
    12/17/14 PFT1/MED PASSED
    01/06/15 VBT/SI PASSED
    02/25/15 poly (JFK) waiting for final results

Comment

• Originally posted by Steph631_ View Post
      No. I'm on the polygraph stage so not sure. About 2 years i think

09/21/14 Written exam
      11/18/14 Notice of TS
      12/17/14 PFT1/MED PASSED
      01/06/15 VBT/SI PASSED
      Thank you. Your process looks like going pretty fast. I hope stays that way. Good luck to you on the poly. Just relax and do not think to much deep in the questions.

Comment

• Today I did 25 situps in 50 seconds and I could do 20 pushups in less than 30 seconds. I need to work on my situps.
        Went to the track and ran a 1.5 mile in 12:15 then checked my time on the 220 yard sprint and the first one was 39 seconds then 38. It was raining and the track was wet so I'm sure i might be able to do it in 35-36 going full speed. I'm sure I'll pass the pft2 on tuesday

Comment

• Originally posted by Rapiyiyi View Post
          Today I did 25 situps in 50 seconds and I could do 20 pushups in less than 30 seconds. I need to work on my situps.
          Went to the track and ran a 1.5 mile in 12:15 then checked my time on the 220 yard sprint and the first one was 39 seconds then 38. It was raining and the track was wet so I'm sure i might be able to do it in 35-36 going full speed. I'm sure I'll pass the pft2 on tuesday
          You definitly pass it. You are fast runner.. I never liked running but I can run in 14:20 min. When did you apply and how long did it take you to get the pt2?

Comment

• Originally posted by SouthernTransfer View Post
            I already know I will be one to squeek by the pft2 testing, I applied back in 14-1 and was unsure if I wanted to move for CBP. I work in the bop and make about 65k a year with ot and differential. I litterally forgot I even applied since it was so long since VBT and SI. I am scheduled for my poly next week and know that I do wanna move now and am at the gym everyday working out. I will kick myself if I screw this up because of my ignorance.

My situps and pushups will be fine it's the running and sprint that scares me. How does everyone measure out there sprint to practice?

For anyone in the same boat as me, I know from experience that once at FLETC you can get in better shape or stay in shape easily. You go to class during the week and as long as you stay during the week days workingout and eating healthy, which can be done at the chow hall you will be set. I have seen guys get to FLETC then hit the bar or go out every weekend and fail out. FLETC gives you everything at your fingertips as long as you stay motivated.
            There is still hope for you, but you gotta hustle. I also went from about 18 min 1.5 miles to about 13 minutes, but that was over a span of about 6 months of training. What helped for me was doing more interval runs instead of a straight pace. So instead of jogging at a consistent pace throughout, I would slowly jog about a minute, then sprint for 30 seconds, then jog a minute, then sprint for 30 seconds. Slowly you reduce your jogging time and you'll get faster.

Also keep in mind pre-academy time. There are some people that get scheduled for pre academy and have to wait a month to get to FLETC. I'm not going to lie, ever since I got to pre-academy I've been slacking on my workouts. There's always the possibility you can get out of shape at Pre-academy depending on your own discipline and how long you have to stay there before FLETC.
            Geo: West Coast
            Applicant Group: 13-1
            NOR: 10/28/13 85%
            TSL: 12/16/13
            PFT1/Medical: ~1/10/14
            eQIP completed: 2/13/14
            VBT/SI: 3/17/14
            eQIP to IA: 3/19/14
            Poly: 10/22/14 (inconclusive) / 12/4/14 (passed)
            Meet with BI: 12/19/14 - 01/07/15 (met him 3 times)
            Clear BI: 2/24/15
            Drug Test: 3/4/15
            The Call: 3/2/15
            PFT2: 3/18/15
            EOD: 3/30/15

Comment

• Does anyone know about the time of scheduled med/fitness PFT1 exam? I'm scheduled for sometime next week but I think that I really can't make it for a morning exam? Is there an afternoon exam?

P.S. I'm testing in LA.

Comment

• Originally posted by kevin007 View Post
                Does anyone know about the time of scheduled med/fitness PFT1 exam? I'm scheduled for sometime next week but I think that I really can't make it for a morning exam? Is there an afternoon exam?

P.S. I'm testing in LA.
                With all due respect, you should reapply or look for work elsewhere. Good luck.

Comment

Does anyone know about the time of scheduled med/fitness PFT1 exam? I'm scheduled for sometime next week but I think that I really can't make it for a morning exam? Is there an afternoon exam?

P.S. I'm testing in LA.
                  It can be in the AM or PM, depends on the availability of the testing location. I'm hoping that you have a valid reason for not wanting an AM test, and not just because you don't want to wake up in the morning...
                  Geo: West Coast
                  Applicant Group: 13-1
                  NOR: 10/28/13 85%
                  TSL: 12/16/13
                  PFT1/Medical: ~1/10/14
                  eQIP completed: 2/13/14
                  VBT/SI: 3/17/14
                  eQIP to IA: 3/19/14
                  Poly: 10/22/14 (inconclusive) / 12/4/14 (passed)
                  Meet with BI: 12/19/14 - 01/07/15 (met him 3 times)
                  Clear BI: 2/24/15
                  Drug Test: 3/4/15
                  The Call: 3/2/15
                  PFT2: 3/18/15
                  EOD: 3/30/15

Comment

• Oh no, absolutely not. My planned flight would arrive in the morning 11.00 (I'm overseas) so I really have to do an afternoon test.

Comment

Oh no, absolutely not. My planned flight would arrive in the morning 11.00 (I'm overseas) so I really have to do an afternoon test.
                      If I email MHC and explain that you are overseas they will most likely accommodate. Happened to someone I know and they were able to actually schedule multiple things for him within a week

09/21/14 Written exam
                      11/18/14 Notice of TS
                      12/17/14 PFT1/MED PASSED
                      01/06/15 VBT/SI PASSED

Comment

• Ran another 1.5 mile in 12:06. Stopped to walk for 40 seconds because the wind was killing me.

Comment

• Now I know everyone is different but if someone asked "What is the average wait from poly to pft2?" What would your answer be?

I have the poly next week and not sure if it's typical but I had my credit pulled but none of my contacts from my BI have been talked too yet. Normal?

Comment

Now I know everyone is different but if someone asked "What is the average wait from poly to pft2?" What would your answer be?

I have the poly next week and not sure if it's typical but I had my credit pulled but none of my contacts from my BI have been talked too yet. Normal?

I'd say from 2-4 months average.

Comment

Now I know everyone is different but if someone asked "What is the average wait from poly to pft2?" What would your answer be?

As far as wait from Poly to PFT2, it all depends on how complex your background is. For example, number of different places lived and or number of different employments and so on... My experience was as follows: credit pulled on 01/26/15, Poly on 02/12/15, email for BI sit down interview 03/23/15. Have not met with BI yet nor references been contacted yet. 14-2 new hire.

Comment

• Better yet here's my timeline:

07/23/14: Applied SWB (Texas) 14-2; New Hire
                                09/15/14: Entrance Examination
                                10/31/14: NOR 87 (No Vet Pref) GS7
                                11/18/14: TSL
                                11/21/14: Email eQIP submitted
                                12/02/14: Medical & PFT 1 scheduling notice
                                12/05/14: VBT/SI scheduling notice
                                12/09/14: Medical & PFT1 passed
                                12/22/14: VBT/SI examination
                                12/29/14: VBT/SI "Eligible" Notice
                                01/09/15: Submitted eQIP corrections
                                01/13/15: eQIP sent to IA
                                01/26/15: Credit pulled
                                01/30/15: Email scheduling Polygraph Examination
                                02/12/15: Polygraph (Passed)
                                02/19/15: NOPA issued (2 medical bills)
                                03/09/15: Received call from IA- NOPA returned for non delivery. They emailed it with an extension to reply.
                                03/11/15: Submitted NOPA response
                                03/23/15: Sent email asking for NOPA status
                                03/23/15: Received email- NOPA accepted & BI to contact very soon for sit down interview

Pending Background Investigation in security office... Pending drug test... Pending PFT2
                                Last edited by borrada; 04-04-2015, 04:56 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5385 users online. 290 members and 5095 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X