VBT/SI 4/6/15 (Passed)
    TSL "In security office" 4/8/15
    Polygraph Inconclusive 4/27/15
    Second Polygraph awaiting the wrath (or mercy!) of QC 5/27/15
    Removed from consideration due to "unfavorable polygraph" 7/9/15

Comment

• Originally posted by milperil View Post
      HI everyone!
      I just took my poly earlier today 3/27/15.
      The examiner was very professional.
      it took about 3h 30m to complete. At the end he told me that I was good but he will send my result and see what happens. He said if I'll have to retake it, they'll contact me before 30 days. He also said if 30 days have passed and I wasn't contacted, don't panic, it's a sign that I don't have to retake. Basically, he was telling me that as for him, I am good to go, but he's not the one making the official passing decisions. He was very professional and kind. Great experience for me.
      Congratulations! This sounds 100% exactly like my poly. I was contacted 2 weeks later to meet with the BI. It's been a month, he said he finished today and all was god.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Kiernyc View Post
        When I applied NE wasn't an option.
        Where are you from? I'm 13-1 NE but loke many others, it was by mistake. I meant to select Central East.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Thanks Pisan917!
          Congrats on completing your BI.

Comment

• Originally posted by m_westrick716 View Post
            So after being on hold with them for over an hour they finally told me that I was cut because my college transcripts don't have the exact date of my graduation on them. Oh well, I'm going down to D.C. in a few weeks for an interview and a test for U.S. Capitol Police (which btw had no problem accepting my college transcripts without the date of my graduation.)
            Hmm, we had a good chunk of former Capitols move over. Some people love the work, some don't.
            Good luck.

Comment

• Hi! To those who have reported a soft pull on their credit to confirm their background is being checked, how can I do that? Just ask for a report and it appears who has checked my credit? Thx

Comment

• Originally posted by Pastelon View Post
                Hi! To those who have reported a soft pull on their credit to confirm their background is being checked, how can I do that? Just ask for a report and it appears who has checked my credit? Thx
                You can check online at annualcreditreport.com. You will be able to check all three credit bureaus under "inquiries" towards the end of each report.

Comment

• Originally posted by borrada View Post
                  You can check online at annualcreditreport.com. You will be able to check all three credit bureaus under "inquiries" towards the end of each report.
                  Thank you very much

Comment

• Also I'm not sure whether this question has been asked before.. I was wondering if anyone knows for example one goes to BP academy then is offered a CBPO position and wants to switch over, does that person have to take both academies since they are somewhat different?

Comment

Thank you very much
                      Your welcome

Comment

• What was the company that did the credit pull during your background?

Does CBP do it themselves or do they outsource to a 3rd party?

Based on a little looking around I am figuring it is "EMPL-CBC" on the soft pulls correct? Saw that someone on here had a pull from like that back in 2008 during their BI.
                        Last edited by Mike924; 03-28-2015, 02:03 PM. Reason: Added information found after researching
                        Florida/Caribbean 14-2 -- GS-07

07/14 Applied to Florida/Caribbean 14-2
                        08/14 Notified: qualification to take exam
                        09/13/14 Written exam
                        10/31/14 NOR 100 (No Vet Points)
                        1/9/15 Notice of TS / Grade:GS-07
                        2/4/15 Physical Exam and PFT1 PASSED
                        2/6/15 Background Released to IA
                        2/18/15 VBT/SI (Tampa) PASSED
                        4/14/15 Polygraph (Tampa)
                        4/30/15 Notified of unsuitable polygraph and removed from consideration

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike924 View Post
                          What was the company that did the credit pull during your background?

Does CBP do it themselves or do they outsource to a 3rd party?

Based on a little looking around I am figuring it is "EMPL-CBC" on the soft pulls correct? Saw that someone on here had a pull from like that back in 2008 during their BI.
                          Correct, that is what mine had on it as well.
                          Geo- Florida
                          CBPO Exam- 9/25/13
                          NOR- 98 10/25/13
                          Qual- GS 7
                          TSL- 2/28/14
                          PFT1/Medical- 3/12/14
                          VBT/SI- 5/9/14
                          VBT/SI- eligible 5/14/14
                          BI E-QIP received- 10/03/14
                          BI E-QIP submitted- 10/06/14
                          BI E-QIP in Security Office- 01/06/15

Comment

Also I'm not sure whether this question has been asked before.. I was wondering if anyone knows for example one goes to BP academy then is offered a CBPO position and wants to switch over, does that person have to take both academies since they are somewhat different?
                            I presume the person would have to resign from the BP position and pick up the OFO position.

Now those who have completed BP academy and then get offered the OFO spot, they have to go to the OFO academy in Georgia.

Comment

• Sorry, but what exactly does OFO stand for?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr._A. View Post
                                Sorry, but what exactly does OFO stand for?
                                http://lmgtfy.com/?q=CBP+OFO

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7426 users online. 381 members and 7045 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X