300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kiernyc View Post
    Is the VBT sometimes the only thing given? I ask this because on my VBT notification letter it says "The VBT is the structured interview portion of the hiring process". This seems to suggest that the VBT = SI (at least in my case, I don't know if other locations handle things differently).
    Many years back it was only the SI given. Then they went with just the VBT. Then they decided to go with both.

Count on having to do both. That's the standard today.

Is it possible that somewhere in some situation somebody gets through on just a VBT...yeah, I'll by that. There are very, very,very, few absolutes within CBP. With just about everything, if you look hard enough and in the right places, you'll find outliers to every 'rule'.

Comment

• 14-3
      I did my VBT today in NJ , didn't get the SI. Does that mean I might be failing? The BI is still helping me reviewing for E-Qip documents. I'm Hoping SI will be schedule for some other dates. Any suggestion? Thanks

Comment

• Hello here are my current status

14-3
        CBPO: GS-5
        Geo: NE

NOR (94): Schedule Tested: Nov '14 // passed Jan 12th '15
        Medical/PFT1 Schedule Feb 9th '15 // passed: Feb 13th '15
        VBT/SI Schedule March 26 '15 //
        E-qip sent: March 25 '15 // due March 30th '15
        NOPA:
        Poly:
        Meet with BI:
        The Call:
        Drug Test:
        BI Cleared:
        PFT 2:
        EOD:
        FLETC:

Comment

• After several cancellations over the past 3 or 4 months, I finally had my poly administered on Wednesday. It was a unique experience to say the least. It lasted about 4 hours and the Investigator was stern yet polite and professional. He said in the end that from his review of the results, I passed but everything is reviewed by quality control. He did ask me if I was willing to take another if needed although he doubted it would be necessary. There were about 8 of us that started the morning out. During one of the breaks, rumors were going around that 4 were sent packing shortly after the Investigators starting their examination. I believe this to be true since I never saw these individuals again throughout the morning. Good luck to everyone that has yet to have a polygraph administered. I found it to be a tad less stressful then what some individuals made it out to be but maybe I just lucky or simply got played and will be getting some bad news down the road.

Comment

• I just took my poly, but I'm not sure if I passed or not. Here are the details I can divulge...

I show up there and wait in the lobby for about 15 minutes then meet with my examiner. He explains the poly, the whole fight or flight thing that your body does involuntarily when you get scared, then we talked about my background. After that, I sit in the seat and he asks me several control questions. He tells me that I'm a "horrible liar" lol. :-)

He hooks me up to the poly, asks me several questions (sorry, cannot divulge what questions or how many!) and asks me those series of questions about 4-5 separate times with a few minutes break in between each set of questions. That was the extent of my being hooked up to a polygraph.

We go over the results and he tells me that I "answered all of the questions flawlessly, however there is one questions you were kind of having a little trouble with. In order to pass you on this, I need an explanation as to why you were having difficulty with this question..." I provide my response and he tries to dig around a bit and ask me if it might be this or that and the other thing that's causing me to have a reaction. Of course, I stick to my guns and at the end he asks me " so you're being 100% truthful and forthcoming in your responses?" to which I confirm that I was. At this time he told me that we have concluded this portion of the testing process. He asked me if I would be willing to retake and then told me that they may contact me if I need to retake the exam. All in all, I was in the exam for about 3 hours and he never told me if I passed or failed...

Any thoughts?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike924 View Post
              I remember you posting last week and me hoping I would get a poly scheduled too (Orlando is 40 minutes away for me). Nothing for me. What area code was the number that called you? Want to check the missed calls on my phone....lol Guess it is desperation.
              So I called that day and the next day the administrated called me and scheduled me for April 10th. The caller had a number from DC.

Comment

• Just an FYI for applicants in the south. Many of my coworkers that have had polys already and picked the southeast region or florida region have gotten a call asking for them to switch to either the southwest or the northwest regions. And all of declined.

Anyone know anything about openings in the Midwest region or anyone recently hired in Midwest, if so what cities?

Comment

• CBP officer

Originally posted by RTMH101 View Post
                  14-3
                  I did my VBT today in NJ , didn't get the SI. Does that mean I might be failing? The BI is still helping me reviewing for E-Qip documents. I'm Hoping SI will be schedule for some other dates. Any suggestion? Thanks

Read the last few pages my friend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Last edited by Pisan917; 03-27-2015, 09:27 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by stevenseq View Post
                    I just took my poly, but I'm not sure if I passed or not. Here are the details I can divulge...

I show up there and wait in the lobby for about 15 minutes then meet with my examiner. He explains the poly, the whole fight or flight thing that your body does involuntarily when you get scared, then we talked about my background. After that, I sit in the seat and he asks me several control questions. He tells me that I'm a "horrible liar" lol. :-)

He hooks me up to the poly, asks me several questions (sorry, cannot divulge what questions or how many!) and asks me those series of questions about 4-5 separate times with a few minutes break in between each set of questions. That was the extent of my being hooked up to a polygraph.

We go over the results and he tells me that I "answered all of the questions flawlessly, however there is one questions you were kind of having a little trouble with. In order to pass you on this, I need an explanation as to why you were having difficulty with this question..." I provide my response and he tries to dig around a bit and ask me if it might be this or that and the other thing that's causing me to have a reaction. Of course, I stick to my guns and at the end he asks me " so you're being 100% truthful and forthcoming in your responses?" to which I confirm that I was. At this time he told me that we have concluded this portion of the testing process. He asked me if I would be willing to retake and then told me that they may contact me if I need to retake the exam. All in all, I was in the exam for about 3 hours and he never told me if I passed or failed...

Any thoughts?
                    My examiner said the same exact thing to me and then told me I failed after 4 hours

Comment

• Originally posted by RTMH101 View Post
                      Hello here are my current status

14-3
                      CBPO: GS-5
                      Geo: NE

NOR (94): Schedule Tested: Nov '14 // passed Jan 12th '15
                      Medical/PFT1 Schedule Feb 9th '15 // passed: Feb 13th '15
                      VBT/SI Schedule March 26 '15 //
                      E-qip sent: March 25 '15 // due March 30th '15
                      NOPA:
                      Poly:
                      Meet with BI:
                      The Call:
                      Drug Test:
                      BI Cleared:
                      PFT 2:
                      EOD:
                      FLETC:
                      When did you receive your qualification for GS5? I'm still waiting on mine.

Comment

• Originally posted by SouthernTransfer View Post
                        Just an FYI for applicants in the south. Many of my coworkers that have had polys already and picked the southeast region or florida region have gotten a call asking for them to switch to either the southwest or the northwest regions. And all of declined.

Anyone know anything about openings in the Midwest region or anyone recently hired in Midwest, if so what cities?
                        I'd like to find that out also. I'm 14-3 for Midwest. The process is moving really fast, but who knows what states are hiring in the Midwest and what applicants have been offered lately.

Comment

• What is everyone wearing to the poly? My email says "neat casual dress" I want to look professional but also want to be comfortable

Comment

• I have applied to 15-1 and haven't heard anything back. Was curious if it's because my last name starts with a W or if I've made a mistake along the way.

Thanks

Comment

• Hmmm...

Originally posted by Precious539 View Post
                              My examiner said the same exact thing to me and then told me I failed after 4 hours
                              Seems like everyone is being asked if they are willing to retake the poly if called again. I wasn't told if I passed or failed...
                              Ahhhh the suspense...

Comment

• I'm also wondering the same thing. My last name also starts with a W and I am a female which they have a big demand for females lately.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6864 users online. 369 members and 6495 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X