300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SendHelp View Post
    Hey guys, 14-1 applicant here who failed at the poly stage. Decided to reapply for 15-1 and will be taking the entrance exam again in a few weeks. If I get a TSL hopefully I can move straight to the poly because my other steps should still be valid since its been less then a year.
    u need to wait for 3 year to reapply if u fail the poly

Comment

• Originally posted by M4V View Post
      14-3 here...Just got my TSL packet due by March 30, 2015. Anyone else?
      Also, I'm sorry if this question is redundant but I have searched multiple forums which have yielded conflicting answers: Do CBPO officers qualify for LEO pay or the regular GS scale?
      Standard GS pay.

As far as CBPOs go the difference is relevant in the GS-05, 07, and 09 pay grades. There is no LEO pay past the GS-10 level. All LEO pay converts to standard GS pay once promoted to the GS-11 or higher grade.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
        Standard GS pay.

As far as CBPOs go the difference is relevant in the GS-05, 07, and 09 pay grades. There is no LEO pay past the GS-10 level. All LEO pay converts to standard GS pay once promoted to the GS-11 or higher grade.
        Locality pay doesn't apply either does it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike_b1215 View Post
          Hey guys so I just left my VBT and I didn't do the si, does that mean I failed? They didn't tell me anything before I left
          Maybe.

However, there are legitimate reasons they may have had not to do a SI that would be unrelated to an applicant failure of the VBT.

Let's hope the issue was not your failure.

All you can really do now is to wait for the answer...whatever it may be.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr._A. View Post
            Locality pay doesn't apply either does it?
            The relevant locality pay applies everywhere in the contiguous US.

Some places out the contiguous US have various forms of COLA pay...which is roughly analogous to locality pay.

Comment

• Originally posted by SendHelp View Post
              I thought so too but I'm able to schedule for the new exam. Lets see what happens.
              I don't know the rules in your case, but I can tell you a friend of mine that failed the VBT applied again and was allowed to take the test again. After the test we was notified that he didn't wait a year between tests, so he was disqualified on the test,a nd would have to wait another year (which puts him out of the age range, so he's done). FYI.
              SM3

CBPO

14-2
              Geo: Central East Coast, United States
              Grade: GS-7
              CBPO Exam: 9/16/2014
              NOR: 10/31/2014 - 110 (with Veteran's points)
              TSL: 11/18/2014
              Medical/PFT 1: 12/17/2014
              01/06/15 VBT/SI
              01/07/15 NOR for SI found "eligible"
              03/06/15 Poly- Scheduled

Good luck to everyone, this is not easy. I know good people that have not made it through the process. Let's all do our best to support and help each other through the process. I hope we all make it!

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                Maybe.

However, there are legitimate reasons they may have had not to do a SI that would be unrelated to an applicant failure of the VBT.

Let's hope the issue was not your failure.

All you can really do now is to wait for the answer...whatever it may be.
                Is the VBT sometimes the only thing given? I ask this because on my VBT notification letter it says "The VBT is the structured interview portion of the hiring process". This seems to suggest that the VBT = SI (at least in my case, I don't know if other locations handle things differently).
                CBPO 14-3 Central East Coast Region

Applied 10/3/14
                Exam 12/6/14
                NOR 1/12/15 (Passed, 90)
                TS 1/23/15
                Medical/PFT1 3/12/15 (Passed PFT)
                TSL Packet Received 3/20/15 Submitted 3/25/15
                VBT/SI 4/6/15 (Passed)
                TSL "In security office" 4/8/15
                Polygraph Inconclusive 4/27/15
                Second Polygraph awaiting the wrath (or mercy!) of QC 5/27/15
                Removed from consideration due to "unfavorable polygraph" 7/9/15

Comment

• Originally posted by SM3 View Post
                  I don't know the rules in your case, but I can tell you a friend of mine that failed the VBT applied again and was allowed to take the test again. After the test we was notified that he didn't wait a year between tests, so he was disqualified on the test,a nd would have to wait another year (which puts him out of the age range, so he's done). FYI.
                  Great to know. Thanks for the info. I think the application will go through until they pull UR record to schedule u and realize u failed.

07/23/14 Applied to Central East Coast 14-2
                  09/21/14 Written exam
                  11/18/14 Notice of TS
                  11/21/14 TSL packet received
                  12/17/14 PFT1/MED PASSED
                  01/06/15 VBT/SI PASSED
                  02/25/15 poly (JFK) waiting for final results

Comment

• Originally posted by Kiernyc View Post
                    Is the VBT sometimes the only thing given? I ask this because on my VBT notification letter it says "The VBT is the structured interview portion of the hiring process". This seems to suggest that the VBT = SI (at least in my case, I don't know if other locations handle things differently).
                    I think all the notification letters say that. They are still two separate things and from what I've read over the years, if you don't get the si after the vbt, its not usually a good sign. I got called in for the si when I did mine.
                    Last edited by joshk24; 03-26-2015, 09:22 AM. Reason: posted before finished typing
                    Geo- Florida
                    CBPO Exam- 9/25/13
                    NOR- 98 10/25/13
                    Qual- GS 7
                    TSL- 2/28/14
                    PFT1/Medical- 3/12/14
                    VBT/SI- 5/9/14
                    VBT/SI- eligible 5/14/14
                    BI E-QIP received- 10/03/14
                    BI E-QIP submitted- 10/06/14
                    BI E-QIP in Security Office- 01/06/15

Comment

• Thanks, good to know!
                      CBPO 14-3 Central East Coast Region

Applied 10/3/14
                      Exam 12/6/14
                      NOR 1/12/15 (Passed, 90)
                      TS 1/23/15
                      Medical/PFT1 3/12/15 (Passed PFT)
                      TSL Packet Received 3/20/15 Submitted 3/25/15
                      VBT/SI 4/6/15 (Passed)
                      TSL "In security office" 4/8/15
                      Polygraph Inconclusive 4/27/15
                      Second Polygraph awaiting the wrath (or mercy!) of QC 5/27/15
                      Removed from consideration due to "unfavorable polygraph" 7/9/15

Comment

• Hello again, just updating. The cancel my Poly for March 5th and reschedule it for March 24. I took it and this time he told me that I fail "for him". He ask me if I will accept another opportunity if QC say so, he didn't say it, last time (Nov. 18 2014) the other guy tell me if I want another opportunity if QC say so but he was going to recommend me for it. This time was something different but interesting; he ask me just 5 times the same questions, but only the first round I answered loud it and the rest rounds he ask me to answer all questions in my mind. Is Weird for me. After that he ask me if I had something else to say because he found me that I wasn't saying the truth. Well just waiting for the letter and a miracle. This is my only opportunity because I'm 37. By the way he finished saying that I'm the kind of person that the agency is looking for, because I have the experience that they need and the academic achievement that I possess. SO WHY YOU DIDN'T GIVE ME THE PASS (I didn't tell him, just saying in my mind). How much time did I have to wait for the results?

Comment

• Wow Aguadillano hope they call you again or pass it, what announcement are you from? Where is your region?

Comment

• Hello All I am new to the forum and just signed up after discovering it. I applied for the 15-1 announcement on 02/22/15 and I received an email on March 24th, 2015 at 6:20pm inviting me to schedule my exam starting March 25th. I scheduled my entrance exam for April 9th on March 25th.

I appreciate everyone posting information here. I have read through approximately 75 pages and have gotten a wealth of knowledge regarding the process. I was hoping some people could provide tips for doing well on the entrance examination? I have printed the study guide provided by CBP and the extra questions. Anything else someone could recommend would be greatly appreciated!
                            USSS Uniformed Division
                            04/30/15 Applied to Announcement
                            06/18/15 Received Notice To Take POST Exam
                            06/22/15 POST Exam
                            07/02/15 Passed POST
                            07/17/15 SUPER Interview
                            09/03/15 COE

Comment

• Originally posted by JH2015 View Post
                              Hello All I am new to the forum and just signed up after discovering it. I applied for the 15-1 announcement on 02/22/15 and I received an email on March 24th, 2015 at 6:20pm inviting me to schedule my exam starting March 25th. I scheduled my entrance exam for April 9th on March 25th.

I appreciate everyone posting information here. I have read through approximately 75 pages and have gotten a wealth of knowledge regarding the process. I was hoping some people could provide tips for doing well on the entrance examination? I have printed the study guide provided by CBP and the extra questions. Anything else someone could recommend would be greatly appreciated!
                              Welcome JH! The written test is not hard at all. Go over the study guide a few times, Google "entry level police tests", practice, and you should be fine. You are given MORE than enough time to complete every section online. Good luck!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Pastelon View Post
                                Wow Aguadillano hope they call you again or pass it, what announcement are you from? Where is your region?
                                Thanks Pastelon. I'm 13-1 announcement and my region is Southwest.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9874 users online. 386 members and 9488 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X