Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [QUOTE=Pisan917;3623073]It will be almost impossible to get a position in East Texas. For what I've read, scheduling unit is actually offering ppl to transfer somewhere else.

Look into this and maybe think of changing location.

I applied for North East (by mistake) and will be reapplying to Central East on the 15-2 announcement.

I really wish they would give us the option of picking all regions, cause there are those of us who would go anywhere.
    Geo: Reapplied to El Paso under 15-2
    Tested: 6/2/2014
    NOR: 7/14/14 (98)
    Tentative Select: 8/2/14
    Medical: 8/26/14 green check 12/9/14
    PFT1: 9/3/14 green check 9/11/14
    VBT & SI: 9/24/14 green check 9/30/14
    Polygraph: 12/9/14 passed, waiting on QC
    Sit down with BI: 01/2015
    Background finished: 02/2015
    Background Cleared: CASS Referred for scheduling 3/5/2015
    Drug Test: Scheduled for 3/5/2015
    Provisional Clearance: 8/7/2015
    The Call:
    EOD:

Comment

• Originally posted by Nvan86 View Post
      Welcome and good luck
      Thank you
      CBPO 14-3

Geo: Central East Coast
      Tested: 11/20/2014
      NOR: 1/12/15 (94 W Vet Points)
      Tentative Select: 1/23/15
      Medical & PFT1: 2/17/15
      VBT & SI: 3/19/15
      Eqip Submitted: 3/20/15 in security office
      Poly: 5/4/2015 (Passed)

Comment

• Originally posted by a_simpson View Post
        Anyone else for central east coast that is either currently going through background or recently completed background??
        I submitted my E-qip on Friday March 20. I applied for the Central East Coast because I had no other choice. I currently hold a Top Secret with the Army so hopefully they just transfer it over and I don't have to wait on a lengthy investigation.
        CBPO 14-3

Comment

• Originally posted by manbray View Post
          I submitted my E-qip on Friday March 20. I applied for the Central East Coast because I had no other choice. I currently hold a Top Secret with the Army so hopefully they just transfer it over and I don't have to wait on a lengthy investigation.
          Don't count on it. You'll have to go through the same BI as everyone else.

Comment

• Originally posted by 66Pony View Post
            Don't count on it. You'll have to go through the same BI as everyone else.
            Oh ok, are you currently a CBP Officer?
            CBPO 14-3

Comment

I have a TS, Full Scope....you'll have to go through it ALL again, which is unfortunate.

Comment

• Originally posted by gjose619 View Post
                Me too. 3 to be exact! I'm doing this for my wife and kids!
                Same here

Comment

• Hello! I have a question on the side step test. Someone on here said that the total length is 12ft, 6ft between each 3 lines. Is one pass considered when you step from one 6ft outside line all the way to the other 6ft outside line? I'm 5'2" and I'm only able to complete 5 if that's the case. I don't see how 8+ can be achieved if that's how it works.

Also if I end up failing would I have to reapply and take the entrance exam again or resume with the fitness test?

Thank you to anyone who can respond as it will be greatly appreciated!

Comment

• Originally posted by kcfl View Post
                    Hello! I have a question on the side step test. Someone on here said that the total length is 12ft, 6ft between each 3 lines. Is one pass considered when you step from one 6ft outside line all the way to the other 6ft outside line? I'm 5'2" and I'm only able to complete 5 if that's the case. I don't see how 8+ can be achieved if that's how it works.

Also if I end up failing would I have to reapply and take the entrance exam again or resume with the fitness test?

I am a 5'2'' female and had NO problem completing this. Don't psych yourself out.

Comment

Hello! I have a question on the side step test. Someone on here said that the total length is 12ft, 6ft between each 3 lines. Is one pass considered when you step from one 6ft outside line all the way to the other 6ft outside line? I'm 5'2" and I'm only able to complete 5 if that's the case. I don't see how 8+ can be achieved if that's how it works.

Center line counts too. It's not as hard as it sounds. My administrator didn't even count the center line and I still easily completed it.
                      Geo- Florida
                      CBPO Exam- 9/25/13
                      NOR- 98 10/25/13
                      Qual- GS 7
                      TSL- 2/28/14
                      PFT1/Medical- 3/12/14
                      VBT/SI- 5/9/14
                      VBT/SI- eligible 5/14/14
                      BI E-QIP received- 10/03/14
                      BI E-QIP submitted- 10/06/14
                      BI E-QIP in Security Office- 01/06/15

Comment

I felt the exact same way when I started practicing. So this is how it goes.
                        | 6ft. |. 6 ft. |
                        1_______________>2.____________> 3 touches

07/23/14 Applied to Central East Coast 14-2
                        09/21/14 Written exam
                        11/18/14 Notice of TS
                        11/21/14 TSL packet received
                        12/17/14 PFT1/MED PASSED
                        01/06/15 VBT/SI PASSED
                        02/25/15 poly (JFK) waiting for final results

Comment

Oh ok, are you currently a CBP Officer?
                          Yes, why?

Comment

• Originally posted by Steph631_ View Post
                            I felt the exact same way when I started practicing. So this is how it goes.
                            | 6ft. |. 6 ft. |
                            1_______________>2.____________> 3 touches

07/23/14 Applied to Central East Coast 14-2
                            09/21/14 Written exam
                            11/18/14 Notice of TS
                            11/21/14 TSL packet received
                            12/17/14 PFT1/MED PASSED
                            01/06/15 VBT/SI PASSED
                            02/25/15 poly (JFK) waiting for final results
                            Thank you and to the two other people that responded to me; you really helped. I just wasn't sure if the middle line counted or not. My test is on 4/1 so I appreciate the fast response.
                            Last edited by kcfl; 03-24-2015, 06:45 PM.

Comment

• Received an email today about scheduling for the entrance exam for the recent announcement. Anyone else?

Comment

A security clearance with another agency or the military does nothing in the background. You still are required to pass the full deal when applying. In reality, you being former military has the very real possibility of slowing down your process. If you have pcs'ed to several different locations during your service time, it means that those locations have to be investigated by a BI which many times means multiple investigators and multiple reports to review. It tends to add time to the process. It also tends to mean added medical scrutiny which can add more time.

FB
                                Last edited by Firebug; 03-24-2015, 07:40 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4258 users online. 219 members and 4039 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X