Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi all...my first post. I applied a while back and have gone through a few of the prerequisites. I passed the PFT-1, the VBT and SI, I took the polygraph a couple of weeks ago and the guy said there probably weren't any problems but is a 2nd polygraph fairly routine? Anyway, that's not really my question...

The forms you fill out prior to the medical test, I mentioned a bit of hearing loss due to military service. (Actually I stated that I had a pending VA claim and among the claimed conditions were hearing loss). I think my hearing test results at the medical exam was pretty good. Well, they sent a letter stating that I needed to submit additional testing because I didn't meet the requirements.

So my question is: In the letter they sent, they said that I can request a reasonable accommodation. Does anyone have any information regarding how a reasonable accommodation request is processed? Should I send it in along with my most recent hearing test or only if they come back and say that I still don't meet the requirements? Is a medical opinion stating that I can still perform the duties of the job despite the mild to moderate high frequency hearing loss? Or is just a letter requesting accommodation enough? Lastly, any suggestions concerning how one would go about wording such a request?

Thanks!

Comment

• Thanks Merlin.. I was just curious as to how long it is and how long is the structured interview and so on! I also got my equip email today guys! Good luck to everyone

Comment

• Just got the call yesterday for my first poly! I'm a 14-1 applicant with Midwest region. I am in alabama now but was told if I was able to get to orlando between April 9-16 it would expedite my process. Waiting to get the exact date. The last thing I have done is my VBT/SI on 9-23-14. I actually forgot I applied till now.

I am employed by the bop now and am happy at the thought to get back to FLETC for 6 months!

What is the poly like? How long?
        Is there any hiring going on in the Midwest, like Chicago area?

Comment

• Got the call last night! 2 months of waiting for 2nd medical to clear. Was offered Jfk or newark, keep ur heads up the hr rep said not to worry about losing my spot since she couldnt fill all the spots if she wanted to. Lots of openings. Academy starts june 5th. Good Luck

14-1 Customs Test & Border Patrol (Test 2013)
          Poli- 10/30 Passed (Found out a month later through cass, never a phone call or email. BI gave me an unofficial)
          BI- 11/5 Cleared beginning of december
          Required more medical info. sent in packet they received it 01/27/15 Never received results until last nights call
          Offer 3/20
          Last edited by nknapp16; 03-21-2015, 07:16 AM.

Comment

• Does anybody know when the new announcement going to be open?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike_b1215 View Post
              Anyone care to fill me in a little bit on what to expect for my VBT/SI? It's tgis Wednesday coming up!
              Dress like a professional.

I saw an applicant came to the VBT/SI in jeans and dirty skateboard/Skecher type shoes. Needless to say he did not pass the VBT/SI.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pisan917 View Post
                Does anybody know when the new announcement going to be open?
                Supposedly, late April.

http://www.cbp.gov/careers/join-cbp/...ement-schedule

Comment

• Originally posted by geek4life View Post

I saw an applicant came to the VBT/SI in jeans and dirty skateboard/Skecher type shoes. Needless to say he did not pass the VBT/SI.
                  UR making this up. R u serious ? [emoji15]

07/23/14 Applied to Central East Coast 14-2
                  09/21/14 Written exam
                  11/18/14 Notice of TS
                  11/21/14 TSL packet received
                  12/17/14 PFT1/MED PASSED
                  01/06/15 VBT/SI PASSED
                  02/25/15 poly (JFK) waiting for final results

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                    Thank you Sir, I hope to see you one day and buy you a beer. Your help around here is appreciated.

Comment

• Originally posted by geek4life View Post

Wow, I guess he didn't really want the job at all.. it specifically says business in the letter

Comment

• Originally posted by Pastelon View Post
                        Wow, I guess he didn't really want the job at all.. it specifically says business in the letter
                        Can't fix stupid !

Comment

• Originally posted by nknapp16 View Post
                          got the call last night! 2 months of waiting for 2nd medical to clear. Was offered jfk or newark, keep ur heads up the hr rep said not to worry about losing my spot since she couldnt fill all the spots if she wanted to. Lots of openings. Academy starts june 5th. Good luck

14-1 customs test & border patrol (test 2013)
                          poli- 10/30 passed (found out a month later through cass, never a phone call or email. Bi gave me an unofficial)
                          bi- 11/5 cleared beginning of december
                          required more medical info. Sent in packet they received it 01/27/15 never received results until last nights call
                          offer 3/20
                          awesome!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by nknapp16 View Post
                            Got the call last night! 2 months of waiting for 2nd medical to clear. Was offered Jfk or newark, keep ur heads up the hr rep said not to worry about losing my spot since she couldnt fill all the spots if she wanted to. Lots of openings. Academy starts june 5th. Good Luck

14-1 Customs Test & Border Patrol (Test 2013)
                            Poli- 10/30 Passed (Found out a month later through cass, never a phone call or email. BI gave me an unofficial)
                            BI- 11/5 Cleared beginning of december
                            Required more medical info. sent in packet they received it 01/27/15 Never received results until last nights call
                            Offer 3/20
                            Is it me or are the 14-1 applicants starting to get their poly's and BI's finished... does that mean we 14-2 people are gonna be starting to move on.. (please do lol)
                            Last edited by Pastelon; 03-21-2015, 12:44 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

• Originally posted by Pastelon View Post
                              Is it me or are the 14-1 applicants starting to get their poly's and BI's finished... does that mean we 14-2 people are gonna be starting to move on.. (please do lol)
                              Ayyy... I hope so!!! GOD hear you!!

Comment

• Friend of mine is 14-2 and EODs end of the month.

No two timelines are alike. Haven't you figured that out yet?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10640 users online. 507 members and 10133 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X