Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by a_simpson View Post
    Hi everyone!!

Looking for some insight, I'm pretty far along with the process for Central East Coast. I've unofficially passed my poly (after the 2nd try) and I'm meeting my background investigator for the first time next week. Just some general questions...how fast should I expect the rest of the process to take? Should I start prepping for a call in the next month or so? Also being that I'm for central east....is the main port choice currently still JFK or can anyone kinda hint towards which ones are needing officers??

Any advice is welcomed...and I look forward to meeting some of you (hopefully) in the near-ish future!!

Thanks
    My best advice to you and anyone else in the process is to never put a time frame on anything. For one person, a step could go really fast, for another it doesn't happen so fast. once you start preparing for the call in the month, it could take 6 months. Just never know with this process.
    Geo- Florida
    CBPO Exam- 9/25/13
    NOR- 98 10/25/13
    Qual- GS 7
    TSL- 2/28/14
    PFT1/Medical- 3/12/14
    VBT/SI- 5/9/14
    VBT/SI- eligible 5/14/14
    BI E-QIP received- 10/03/14
    BI E-QIP submitted- 10/06/14
    BI E-QIP in Security Office- 01/06/15

Comment

• Thank you! Yea that's what I've noticed with this process...sometimes it lags, other times they surprise you with a phone call saying "hey! Im in town for your background."
      Just trying to gauge and see how it's moving currently from this point with others.

Comment

• Congrats see you at fletc

Originally posted by Ace123 View Post
        Just passed the pft2, super stoked!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by joshk24 View Post
          I think I am on the 5 year plan! Did the 5 years include military commitments or anything?
          No, just jumping through the hoops. MHC seemed to take joy in throwing up roadblocks for me every step of the way! This added much to the time it took to get hired...finally!

Originally posted by Albert Wesker View Post
          The way that they used to do hiring for the CBPO position allowed an applicant to select only the specific ports where they would be willing to work. So let's say that an applicant chose a tiny/slow port in the middle of the country, like Omaha, Nebraska. Well it would take literally years for a position to open up at that port, but the applicant would get to go exactly where they wanted.
          While Mr. Wesker is correct that at the time of my initial application you could select a specific port (which I did), it had little bearing on my case. As a matter of fact they hired people at my port who had applied well after me.

I had a lengthy LE career already. A CBP position provided me much better opportunities for my future.The most important thing which aided in patience was the fact I wanted the job (obviously!), but I didn't need it. I think that's something important for everyone to keep in mind with their applications. This isn't McDonalds in which you'll be hired in a day.

Comment

• Well put, "This isn't McDonalds in which you'll be hired in a day"
            haha, couldn't have said it any better.

Comment

• I thought it went extremely well, Markham Park, FL 7am, about 25 applicants and 3 instructors long breaks in between each execise because they were all individually done except the 1.5 mile run. Everyone passed except one guy, he just could not do the situps, i felt really sad for him.

Comment

• Finally scheduled my medical and first fitness test.

Comment

• Just passed my pft2! Finally done with the process!

We had 7 applicants total and everybody passed. Perfect weather conditions, long breaks between exercises, and 4 nice officers. I admittedly was extremely nervous the night before and couldn't sleep. I had probably about 1 hour of sleep total and was running on adrenaline. Luckily the requirements to pass this test aren't that high, and as others have said, if you consistently train for more than the minimum you'll be fine. Good luck to those still in the process, and I'll be seeing some of you at FLETC!
                  Geo: West Coast
                  Applicant Group: 13-1
                  NOR: 10/28/13 85%
                  TSL: 12/16/13
                  PFT1/Medical: ~1/10/14
                  eQIP completed: 2/13/14
                  VBT/SI: 3/17/14
                  eQIP to IA: 3/19/14
                  Poly: 10/22/14 (inconclusive) / 12/4/14 (passed)
                  Meet with BI: 12/19/14 - 01/07/15 (met him 3 times)
                  Clear BI: 2/24/15
                  Drug Test: 3/4/15
                  The Call: 3/2/15
                  PFT2: 3/18/15
                  EOD: 3/30/15

Comment

• Originally posted by SolidSnoopy View Post
                    Just passed my pft2! Finally done with the process!

We had 7 applicants total and everybody passed. Perfect weather conditions, long breaks between exercises, and 4 nice officers. I admittedly was extremely nervous the night before and couldn't sleep. I had probably about 1 hour of sleep total and was running on adrenaline. Luckily the requirements to pass this test aren't that high, and as others have said, if you consistently train for more than the minimum you'll be fine. Good luck to those still in the process, and I'll be seeing some of you at FLETC!
                    Congratulations.... I am you are happy. When did you apply and how long did it take?

Comment

• Originally posted by pinarsu View Post
                      Congratulations.... I am you are happy. When did you apply and how long did it take?
                      all dates are on my signature. I applied 13-1 (oct. 2013). So it took about a year and half. From what the other applicants said during the test, that's about how long it was for them as well (except for one female who only took about a year).
                      Geo: West Coast
                      Applicant Group: 13-1
                      NOR: 10/28/13 85%
                      TSL: 12/16/13
                      PFT1/Medical: ~1/10/14
                      eQIP completed: 2/13/14
                      VBT/SI: 3/17/14
                      eQIP to IA: 3/19/14
                      Poly: 10/22/14 (inconclusive) / 12/4/14 (passed)
                      Meet with BI: 12/19/14 - 01/07/15 (met him 3 times)
                      Clear BI: 2/24/15
                      Drug Test: 3/4/15
                      The Call: 3/2/15
                      PFT2: 3/18/15
                      EOD: 3/30/15

Comment

• Ok. I am female also.. ) I applied 14-2 and just scheduled my medical and first fitness.

Comment

• Congrats..same here could not sleep the night before both excited and nervous at the same time but your right it wasn't as bad as some people made it sound..I'll be seeing you at fletc screaming out screen names lol I start april 20th how about you?

Originally posted by SolidSnoopy View Post
                          Just passed my pft2! Finally done with the process!

Comment

• For females the process is usually faster..im a 14-1 applicant also a female and took my pft2 March 17th I eod March 23rd..good luck with the process..

Originally posted by pinarsu View Post
                            Ok. I am female also.. ) I applied 14-2 and just scheduled my medical and first fitness.

Comment

• Thank you. Good luck to you at fletc.

Comment

• Congrats to everyone that passed the pft2!!! Probably is the greatest feeling in the world! Do they check your blood pressure before starting the pft2??
                                I also just checked my credit report, and it appears they finally pulled it today! Small step but I'm excited about it! Hopefully poly soon!
                                Geo- Florida
                                CBPO Exam- 9/25/13
                                NOR- 98 10/25/13
                                Qual- GS 7
                                TSL- 2/28/14
                                PFT1/Medical- 3/12/14
                                VBT/SI- 5/9/14
                                VBT/SI- eligible 5/14/14
                                BI E-QIP received- 10/03/14
                                BI E-QIP submitted- 10/06/14
                                BI E-QIP in Security Office- 01/06/15

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9733 users online. 317 members and 9416 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X