Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by SM3 View Post
    That's where I took my VBT. Make sure you park in first row where it says visotors or they will make you go back out and move your vehicle. I thought I was being nice parking my truck up on a mound of snow in the back row (leaving spaces for cars), but they made me move to teh front row to be safe. Anyway, if you ahve any questions I can try to answer it. My GPS took me right to teh correct building using teh address in teh e-mail.
    Thanks SM3! I have no specific question at the moment but how was your experience with the VBT at Dulles? and please feel free to share any pointers that may help

    Comment


    • Wow, I wonder whats taking so long for you? Have you completed everything else on CASS? Im most definitely grateful; just really anxious to start.
      Last edited by ConanPhipsi176; 03-18-2015, 10:59 AM.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by M4V View Post
        Thanks SM3! I have no specific question at the moment but how was your experience with the VBT at Dulles? and please feel free to share any pointers that may help

        It was fine. I went durig a snow storm. There were several of us. One would come in do there paper work, and do their VBT. Then wait again. Another would come for their appointment and do their VBT, then the first person does their interview. A third person comes and does their VBT, the 2nd person does their interview. It was an interestingw ay to do it in my opinion, but it went well. All I can say about the VBT is, think customer service, and practice pausing your TV and talking to teh screen :-) The two gold leaves (I would call them Lt Commanders, but I don't know what CBP calls them) were very friendly. Also, I had worked teh night before, rushed home to change, and then drove there in teh storm. I was so tired I stayed standing while waiting. Someone (in usiform from CBP) finally told em I could sit. When I told him I was a fraid I'd fall asleep and why, he offered me coffe and took me to their break room to give me a cup. Everyone I dealt with was very nice. Best of luck.
        SM3

        CBPO

        14-2
        Geo: Central East Coast, United States
        Grade: GS-7
        CBPO Exam: 9/16/2014
        NOR: 10/31/2014 - 110 (with Veteran's points)
        TSL: 11/18/2014
        Medical/PFT 1: 12/17/2014
        01/06/15 VBT/SI
        01/07/15 NOR for SI found "eligible"
        03/06/15 Poly- Scheduled

        Good luck to everyone, this is not easy. I know good people that have not made it through the process. Let's all do our best to support and help each other through the process. I hope we all make it!

        Comment


        • Originally posted by SM3 View Post
          It was fine. I went durig a snow storm. There were several of us. One would come in do there paper work, and do their VBT. Then wait again. Another would come for their appointment and do their VBT, then the first person does their interview. A third person comes and does their VBT, the 2nd person does their interview. It was an interestingw ay to do it in my opinion, but it went well. All I can say about the VBT is, think customer service, and practice pausing your TV and talking to teh screen :-) The two gold leaves (I would call them Lt Commanders, but I don't know what CBP calls them) were very friendly. Also, I had worked teh night before, rushed home to change, and then drove there in teh storm. I was so tired I stayed standing while waiting. Someone (in usiform from CBP) finally told em I could sit. When I told him I was a fraid I'd fall asleep and why, he offered me coffe and took me to their break room to give me a cup. Everyone I dealt with was very nice. Best of luck.
          First line supervisors...

          Comment


          • [QUOTE=joshk24;3619448]
            Originally posted by abejjani View Post
            Oh trust me one is more than enough lol... I earned mine been more then 2 years and still... I started training for my pft2 a year ago am running 5ks now lol I had another kid I passed my 37th bday I freaking earned it lmao...[/Q

            Congrats on all that! I have another kid on the way and want to buy a bigger house. This process is screwing that all up because I don't want to buy another house and then have to relocate But I've been waiting long enough.
            I feel for you. I have a deadline to apply for college coming up. I don't want to go now if this works out (as I may have to drop/stop for FLETC after an add drop date and lose the money, etc...) But if I'm not going to make it, I want to get the process going on my back up plan.
            SM3

            CBPO

            14-2
            Geo: Central East Coast, United States
            Grade: GS-7
            CBPO Exam: 9/16/2014
            NOR: 10/31/2014 - 110 (with Veteran's points)
            TSL: 11/18/2014
            Medical/PFT 1: 12/17/2014
            01/06/15 VBT/SI
            01/07/15 NOR for SI found "eligible"
            03/06/15 Poly- Scheduled

            Good luck to everyone, this is not easy. I know good people that have not made it through the process. Let's all do our best to support and help each other through the process. I hope we all make it!

            Comment


            • [QUOTE=SM3;3619713]
              Originally posted by joshk24 View Post

              I feel for you. I have a deadline to apply for college coming up. I don't want to go now if this works out (as I may have to drop/stop for FLETC after an add drop date and lose the money, etc...) But if I'm not going to make it, I want to get the process going on my back up plan.
              I bet many guys are in the same boat... It is part of life decisions and risks... Make the right one and hope it pays off good luck with both.

              Comment


              • Otay Mesa Cargo to Las Vegas

                I know most on here are in hiring process but this is for those already a CBPO.

                GS-12 CBPO assigned to Otay Mesa Cargo in San Diego, CA looking for a swap to Las Vegas McCarran International Airport. If interested, send me a message. Thank you.

                Comment


                • Just passed the pft2, super stoked!!!

                  Comment


                  • Congrats!

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Ace123 View Post
                      Just passed the pft2, super stoked!!!
                      congratz

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Ace123 View Post
                        Just passed the pft2, super stoked!!!
                        Congratulations !

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Ace123 View Post
                          Just passed the pft2, super stoked!!!
                          Congrats. How was it ? Lol


                          07/23/14 Applied to Central East Coast 14-2
                          09/21/14 Written exam
                          11/18/14 Notice of TS
                          11/21/14 TSL packet received
                          12/17/14 PFT1/MED PASSED
                          01/06/15 VBT/SI PASSED
                          02/25/15 poly (JFK) waiting for final results

                          Comment


                          • Hi everyone!!

                            Looking for some insight, I'm pretty far along with the process for Central East Coast. I've unofficially passed my poly (after the 2nd try) and I'm meeting my background investigator for the first time next week. Just some general questions...how fast should I expect the rest of the process to take? Should I start prepping for a call in the next month or so? Also being that I'm for central east....is the main port choice currently still JFK or can anyone kinda hint towards which ones are needing officers??

                            Any advice is welcomed...and I look forward to meeting some of you (hopefully) in the near-ish future!!

                            Thanks

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by a_simpson View Post
                              Hi everyone!!

                              Looking for some insight, I'm pretty far along with the process for Central East Coast. I've unofficially passed my poly (after the 2nd try) and I'm meeting my background investigator for the first time next week. Just some general questions...how fast should I expect the rest of the process to take? Should I start prepping for a call in the next month or so? Also being that I'm for central east....is the main port choice currently still JFK or can anyone kinda hint towards which ones are needing officers??

                              Any advice is welcomed...and I look forward to meeting some of you (hopefully) in the near-ish future!!

                              Thanks
                              Hi! Congrats for passing the poly, are you from 14-1?

                              Comment


                              • thank you! and Yes, 14-1

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 8988 users online. 460 members and 8528 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X