300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gjose619 View Post
    God is so GOOD! I just got my CBPO Final Selection Letter this morning. For those still in the process, patience is key. I will continue to pray for all you. Take care and God Bless.
    Congrats!

Comment

• Just got done with my pft2 at West Virginia out of the 20 of us 2 didn't make it. The instructors are really helpful..guys keep on running tht takes a lot out of you.. Fletc april 23..

Comment

• Originally posted by Mk_23 View Post
        Just got done with my pft2 at West Virginia out of the 20 of us 2 didn't make it. The instructors are really helpful..guys keep on running tht takes a lot out of you.. Fletc april 23..
        Good luck thnx for the info

Comment

• Congratulations MK!!! Well done. Did you have to travel to WV for the PT2 or you're from there?

Also, where did the 2 fail?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just got done with my pft2 at West Virginia out of the 20 of us 2 didn't make it. The instructors are really helpful..guys keep on running tht takes a lot out of you.. Fletc april 23..
            Great job bro. I'll see you at FLETC. I have the same date.

Comment

I will never understand this, the min requirements for that test are a joke compare to most departments.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pisan917 View Post
                doesn't matter where they failed. The test is a joke and the minimums are so low you can pass without ever having to actually workout.

Those individuals are doing nothing more than making everyone else's process longer AND wasting resources.

How can you fail something as basic as this and look your family in the eyes while saying "I failed And won't be going to the academy." ?

...ohhhh I know how... they use the whole "Ugh what BS, they didn't count like half of my reps! I would have passed if the graders weren't NAZIS about form. I did like 200 but they only counted 9. Whatever. Hey can we get pizza for dinner tonight? I totes earned it."
                Last edited by M8541 Reaper; 03-17-2015, 01:36 PM. Reason: Additional mockery added.
                "Independent research, reading comprehension, & a firm grasp of reality saves lives."

Comment

• Originally posted by M8541 Reaper View Post
                  doesn't matter where they failed. The test is a joke and the minimums are so low you can pass without ever having to actually workout.

Those individuals are doing nothing more than making everyone else's process longer AND wasting resources.

How can you fail something as basic as this and look your family in the eyes while saying "I failed And won't be going to the academy." ?

...ohhhh I know how... they use the whole "Ugh what BS, they didn't count like half of my reps! I would have passed if the graders weren't NAZIS about form. I did like 200 but they only counted 9. Whatever. Hey can we get pizza for dinner tonight? I totes earned it."
                  This is kinda cruel, but made LOL...
                  it's really sad to made it that far and fail..

Comment

• In my opinion, I think the reason they failed it's not because they didn't train according to the minimum requirements, because everything is stated. I think it's because people are overconfident and don't practice each part one after another with minimal rest.. just my 2 cents
                    Last edited by Pastelon; 03-17-2015, 02:05 PM.

Comment

• Thank u..yes I had to travel im from NY had to drive there..and from the 2 tht didn't make it the female failed on one push-up and the male on one sit-up.. Sad to see someone let go when you came this far and being sent home for one push-up or one sit-up

Originally posted by Pisan917 View Post
                      Congratulations MK!!! Well done. Did you have to travel to WV for the PT2 or you're from there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Thanks btw im a female lol..I'll see you at fletc just call out my screen name I'll do the same

Originally posted by gjose619 View Post
                        Great job bro. I'll see you at FLETC. I have the same date.

Comment

Congrats!! Best of luck!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by M8541 Reaper View Post

To be fair...sometimes people get injured...and it not always their fault or something easily avoided.

I stopped yesterday to help an elderly couple change a tire along the roadway on my way back from work. I slipped on some snow/ice, went down and ended up dropping their tire across my shin/knee. Now, I'm walking like I'm an 80-year-old and I doubt I could dash 220 yards if somebody was holding a propane torch to my butt.

As an overall picture you're probably right though. If you're not obviously injured, there really is no excuse for not meeting the minimums.

Part of the problem that I've seen is that people train for the minimums, rather than to obtain some sort of overall competency. If the minimum standard is 17 pushups and a person trains for 17 pushups he leaves himself no room for wiggling. Tweak a wrist, overextend an elbow and he's pretty much toast. The people who set their goals far above the minimums have wiggle room. A guy who can do 45 pushups on a good day might only be able to do 20 under the stress of the testing or injury, but that 20 is more than enough to move him along in the process.

Comment

• LOL feeling sorry for people. Sigh. Everyone wants to have sympathy or feel sorry for those who fail something that's within their control. why would you want your coworker, an equal, to be someone who lacks the most basic levels of discipline and self-respect?

Taking a PFT shouldn't stress you out. It's the only thing in a hiring process that you actually control. You either meet the standard or you go home. There is no excuse for failure. ...it isn't like this is an HRT/CAG/SWAT/SF PFT with unknown events or high standards. If you can't pick yourself up off of the ground then you don't need to be applying to an armed position.

Congrats to all of you who have discipline and did what was expected of you. Have fun at the academy.
                              "Independent research, reading comprehension, & a firm grasp of reality saves lives."

Comment

• To everyone who has been confirmed for late April's class, y'all are super lucky, haha! Still waiting for this adjudication process to be cleared so I can be put on the "Ready List"...who knows...maybe Ill be a late comer to the group for April 23rd...God knows I hope so...

Also, in my opinion, there's no substitution for hard work. When you want some bad enough, you will make damn sure to be ready when time permits itself...The only reason those people failed is because they did not train hard enough in preparation. NEARLY everyone is given approximately 365 days before that pft2 comes up...slacking off is certainly an understatement. If you cannot Physically perform well under pressure, then why get in this line of work? Surely I wouldn't want that type of person watching my six in a violent situation. I absolutely blew the first test out of the water and it surely wasn't because I didn't properly train and prep myself. Life has no feelings. There are no shortcuts or "cheat codes" to reach success..especially on the Federal Level...lol.

The Five P's of Life
                                Proper Preparation Prevents Poor Performance

"And that is how the cookie crumbles"
                                Last edited by ConanPhipsi176; 03-17-2015, 03:58 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10961 users online. 431 members and 10530 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X