Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 3-4 months on the BI? Wow that a long time.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Comment


    • Most of the agents I talked to about switching over to the blue know they are going to take a pay cut and will lose their seniority. It is primarily about getting closer to their families. Plus the reality of seeing how if you track a group of illegal aliens for miles through the mountains, arrest them by fighting with half of them, hiking them back out of the mountains, drive them a hour back to the processing center, help process them, only to realize many of them will just be given a Notice to Appear and be allowed in the country anyways, it really kills your morale. At the very best, some of them will serve a little jail time if they have an actual criminal record or we can prove they are a scout or guide for the smuggler organization. However, most will just be sent home because in reality they are just people that want to better chance at life. I know if I was born in one of those hell holes down south, I probably try to walk across the desert into the US. I am not condoning it. I always will enforce the law. However, chasing groups get old after a while....

      I normally look at your seizures you get at major ports, I much after catch meth, cocaine and heroin than deal with all of that above. I was detailed to Washington DC on primarily OFO mission. I enjoyed it and like to find my way back there somehow.

      I am still not 100% sure. Sometimes it could be better just to ride out the storm and hopefully get a intelligence spot up north in a few years.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by NateM View Post
        Most of the agents I talked to about switching over to the blue know they are going to take a pay cut and will lose their seniority. It is primarily about getting closer to their families. Plus the reality of seeing how if you track a group of illegal aliens for miles through the mountains, arrest them by fighting with half of them, hiking them back out of the mountains, drive them a hour back to the processing center, help process them, only to realize many of them will just be given a Notice to Appear and be allowed in the country anyways, it really kills your morale. At the very best, some of them will serve a little jail time if they have an actual criminal record or we can prove they are a scout or guide for the smuggler organization. However, most will just be sent home because in reality they are just people that want to better chance at life. I know if I was born in one of those hell holes down south, I probably try to walk across the desert into the US. I am not condoning it. I always will enforce the law. However, chasing groups get old after a while....

        I normally look at your seizures you get at major ports, I much after catch meth, cocaine and heroin than deal with all of that above. I was detailed to Washington DC on primarily OFO mission. I enjoyed it and like to find my way back there somehow.

        I am still not 100% sure. Sometimes it could be better just to ride out the storm and hopefully get a intelligence spot up north in a few years.
        It is part of being a LOE ask how many police officers risk their lives every day busting criminals on the streets and the next day they see the same exact $%&&&$ that they almost got killed catching running on the street on bail, parole or.... That doesn't discourage them from doing their jobs... It is what it is we sign up to do our best in protecting our borders and we should not look at politics or exceptions all this does is discourage you as a LEO... You should wear your uniform with honour and go to your shift everyday and do your job regardless.... Just my 2 cents....

        Comment


        • I do understand that every LEO job requires us to risk our lives and that we might not like the outcome of specific situation. I was an MP for almost a decade and most of the criminals we caught just got non-judicial punishments. You use the word "police officer". I guess that is my problem, I do not feel like one. That is what I wanted to be when I grew up and being a Border Patrol Agent does not fulfill that goal. Customs probably will not feel like one either. However, I rather catch harder drugs and monitor people entering the country for potential terrorists than stop a guy that is probably just wanted to pick the ingredients for my salad I have with my dinner. Catching an illegal alien is basically taking a product away from smuggling organization more than arresting a criminal.

          I do understand that some of the illegal aliens are just plain dangerous. Child Molesters (arrests of them are up this year), murders, drug dealers, rapists, wife beaters, and I even count people convicted of DUIs as people I take pride of keeping out of the country. I do like investigating (what little I get to do) and find the members of smuggling organizations to try to put them in prison.

          Even if I decide to stay green or other options do not pan out. I will keep putting my uniform on and do my job. They pay me a great salary and way more importantly, I get sanctification backing my fellow agents/officers up.

          My main point with my first post was to give advice to anyone in both processes. If you want to stay close to home, join OFO. If you do not care being away from your family for maybe your entire career, than Border Patrol is an option. The rest was just my rant about the job and to tell potential agents the downside of it.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by NateM View Post
            I do understand that every LEO job requires us to risk our lives and that we might not like the outcome of specific situation. I was an MP for almost a decade and most of the criminals we caught just got non-judicial punishments. You use the word "police officer". I guess that is my problem, I do not feel like one. That is what I wanted to be when I grew up and being a Border Patrol Agent does not fulfill that goal. Customs probably will not feel like one either. However, I rather catch harder drugs and monitor people entering the country for potential terrorists than stop a guy that is probably just wanted to pick the ingredients for my salad I have with my dinner. Catching an illegal alien is basically taking a product away from smuggling organization more than arresting a criminal.

            I do understand that some of the illegal aliens are just plain dangerous. Child Molesters (arrests of them are up this year), murders, drug dealers, rapists, wife beaters, and I even count people convicted of DUIs as people I take pride of keeping out of the country. I do like investigating (what little I get to do) and find the members of smuggling organizations to try to put them in prison.

            Even if I decide to stay green or other options do not pan out. I will keep putting my uniform on and do my job. They pay me a great salary and way more importantly, I get sanctification backing my fellow agents/officers up.

            My main point with my first post was to give advice to anyone in both processes. If you want to stay close to home, join OFO. If you do not care being away from your family for maybe your entire career, than Border Patrol is an option. The rest was just my rant about the job and to tell potential agents the downside of it.
            Nobody said it was a job I think of it as a vocation ... If you are still young take the state police test and go through the police academy. I wish I was younger I would have done that... God bless every American in uniform. God bless America...

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Pisan917 View Post
              3-4 months on the BI? Wow that a long time.

              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Yea, I was very skeptical about the duration; however, I checked the website out and spoke with some of my federal buddies and they told me thats about average. Some get lucky and some don't as far as the process. Everything else in the process went super fast..except now (Adjudication/Clearance Process). Im considering changing my region from Central East Coast to somewhere else such as, South West since there is a high-demand down there.
              Last edited by ConanPhipsi176; 03-16-2015, 05:34 PM.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Steph631_ View Post
                For me CASS just went green. Only time they emailed me about medical was when I needed to retest my vision.


                07/23/14 Applied to Central East Coast 14-2
                09/21/14 Written exam
                11/18/14 Notice of TS
                11/21/14 TSL packet received
                12/17/14 PFT1/MED PASSED
                01/06/15 VBT/SI PASSED
                02/25/15 poly (JFK) waiting for final results
                Ok thx, its just weird its been 7 weeks and medical hasn't been cleared... guess I'll just have to be patient. I'm eagerly waiting for poly ugh

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Pastelon View Post
                  Ok thx, its just weird its been 7 weeks and medical hasn't been cleared... guess I'll just have to be patient. I'm eagerly waiting for poly ugh
                  Yes as long as you haven't heard back from them I wouldn't worry just check UR junk mail and email.


                  07/23/14 Applied to Central East Coast 14-2
                  09/21/14 Written exam
                  11/18/14 Notice of TS
                  11/21/14 TSL packet received
                  12/17/14 PFT1/MED PASSED
                  01/06/15 VBT/SI PASSED
                  02/25/15 poly (JFK) waiting for final results

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Pastelon View Post
                    Ok thx, its just weird its been 7 weeks and medical hasn't been cleared... guess I'll just have to be patient. I'm eagerly waiting for poly ugh
                    I didn't hear anything on my medical for about 4 months before I received an email asking for more info regarding a surgery. After I submitted everything they requested, it was about a total of 7 1/2 when my medical finally went green. I doubt yours will take that long, but just keep checking your email in case they request more info on something.
                    Geo- Florida
                    CBPO Exam- 9/25/13
                    NOR- 98 10/25/13
                    Qual- GS 7
                    TSL- 2/28/14
                    PFT1/Medical- 3/12/14
                    VBT/SI- 5/9/14
                    VBT/SI- eligible 5/14/14
                    BI E-QIP received- 10/03/14
                    BI E-QIP submitted- 10/06/14
                    BI E-QIP in Security Office- 01/06/15

                    Comment


                    • No News is Good News.

                      Comment


                      • Also does anyone know if they give you lets say 2 or 3 weeks in advance for the poly? I need to go to a business travel for several weeks and wouldn't want to miss the chance when the examiners come to PR.. They don't come too often..

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Pastelon View Post
                          Also does anyone know if they give you lets say 2 or 3 weeks in advance for the poly? I need to go to a business travel for several weeks and wouldn't want to miss the chance when the examiners come to PR.. They don't come too often..
                          When you get called for the poly you can basically choose a date. If you're away for work that shouldn't be a problem.


                          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                          Comment


                          • God is so GOOD! I just got my CBPO Final Selection Letter this morning. For those still in the process, patience is key. I will continue to pray for all you. Take care and God Bless.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by gjose619 View Post
                              God is so GOOD! I just got my CBPO Final Selection Letter this morning. For those still in the process, patience is key. I will continue to pray for all you. Take care and God Bless.
                              Amen. Congrats. Good luck


                              07/23/14 Applied to Central East Coast 14-2
                              09/21/14 Written exam
                              11/18/14 Notice of TS
                              11/21/14 TSL packet received
                              12/17/14 PFT1/MED PASSED
                              01/06/15 VBT/SI PASSED
                              02/25/15 poly (JFK) waiting for final results

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by gjose619 View Post
                                God is so GOOD! I just got my CBPO Final Selection Letter this morning. For those still in the process, patience is key. I will continue to pray for all you. Take care and God Bless.
                                Congratz bro

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 7559 users online. 410 members and 7149 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X