Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nopa

Originally posted by colinm112 View Post
    sorry what does NOPA stand for? are they the letters they send whenever you arent cleared for something, like medical/background/etc.?
    NOPA = Notice of Proposed Action

You get a NOPA for issues pertaining you BI, if it's something that can be explained or demonstrated as a non-issue. If something comes up that is a definite DQ then you just get a call asking you to withdraw your application.

I am finishing up my response letter this week, and hopefully everything will clear up, WISH ME LUCK GUYS!...
    CBPO
    Written: 08/29/2007
    EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by jrq16 View Post
      You received your NOPA before you got your T.O.?

jrq16
      yep. in my NOPA it said based on answers you provided for the following questions on your online application, we found you unsuitable blah blah blah. then it continued to list seven or eight questions that i dont ever remember answering before. now that i think about it the questions they listed were straight from the online e-qip application that you fill out when you get your TO. weird because i couldnt have answered those questions when i havent even received my TO or instructions to complete the e-qip application. probably just some slip up on their end but its all good now. im actually filling out all my forms right now. going out tomorrow to get my prints taken care of and should be sending out all my forms the day after.

Comment

• Can anyone at FLETC tell me if there's any more room for the on campus dorms? Is it a single or shared dorm?

Comment

• Originally posted by mi562 View Post
          Not unless they've changed it, that's what we say. Who in the world is going to say, "Customs and Border Protection Officer, drop your weapon," or CBP Officer, drop your weapon." You have to identify yourself, and everyone knows "police." Not everyone knows what CBP is.

I'm not disagreeing with you.

I'm just saying that I have worked in a place or two where management goes into 'conniptions and fits' whenever "police" is used by a CBPO. If no one has issues with it at where you're at, all the better for you.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post

That's not it exactly, but it's a fairly good knockoff.
            Thanks, that was very cool.

Comment

• Question to current CBP or Federal Officers. Does DHS hire from within? After doing your time as a CBPO does DHS offer advancement in other positions ie) mission support, intelligence, IT etc. Will they allow you to apply or transfer if you wish. The reason why I am asking is many of these positions require GS11 experience to be considered.

Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by MAVERIK View Post
                Question to current CBP or Federal Officers. Does DHS hire from within? After doing your time as a CBPO does DHS offer advancement in other positions ie) mission support, intelligence, IT etc. Will they allow you to apply or transfer if you wish. The reason why I am asking is many of these positions require GS11 experience to be considered.

Thanks
                Very Good Question.

jrq16

Comment

• Originally posted by Pawn922 View Post
                  I have heard that the Gubb'a'ment will offer tuition assistance. Does anyone know anything about that?

As far as I have been able to determine you have to be off probation and submit the paperwork through the chain. It looks like most of the money goes unclaimed. I don't recall how much they actually give, but it isn't a whole lot.
                  But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

Question to current CBP or Federal Officers. Does DHS hire from within? After doing your time as a CBPO does DHS offer advancement in other positions ie) mission support, intelligence, IT etc. Will they allow you to apply or transfer if you wish. The reason why I am asking is many of these positions require GS11 experience to be considered.

Thanks
                    +1 for this question. I am very interested to hear some details about this. Do they give pref to internal hires on any level? how easy is it to transfer? do they frown upon this sort of thing?

Comment

• Originally posted by colinm112 View Post
                      +1 for this question. I am very interested to hear some details about this. Do they give pref to internal hires on any level? how easy is it to transfer? do they frown upon this sort of thing?
                      Well one way is to look for the acronym VEOA (if you are a veteran). This act allows veterans of the armed forces with 3 or more years of continuous active duty with an honorable discharge to compete for these gs-11 slots. Not saying that any of them ever get hired, but at least they give you a chance to apply. I applied for a gs-9 slot as a cbpo with no experience at the time under this act. My app went through but the position vacancy was removed for some reason before i heard anything.

Comment

Thanks
                        The answer is sort of. Some positions are only for career conditional applicants. In those situations you have to meet the eligibility requirements, which is to be off probation and be a federal employee. These slots can be available to vets. The problem with the vets are the announcement normally requires at least one year of specialized experience at the next lower grade. When you get to the 11 grade and higher it is very difficult to obtain any specialized experience outside of government service, so unless the vet can qualify by doing the job in the military then they typically are not very competitive. Just because you have experience at the GS-11 level does not mean it is specialized. You can be a GS-11 at the BOP, but you will only qualify as a GS-7 for CBPO.
                        But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• Originally posted by kc12 View Post
                          As far as I have been able to determine you have to be off probation and submit the paperwork through the chain. It looks like most of the money goes unclaimed. I don't recall how much they actually give, but it isn't a whole lot.
                          Thanks for the info KC,

A question for any current CBPOs.....

It is my understanding that after GS-11 promotions become competitive. Does, education pay off when applying for supervisor and other positions, or would I better off not investing my time and money into a master’s degree or second bachelor’s degree?

Additionally, if I was going to further my education, what areas of study would be most advantageous?

Comment

• VBT For San Francisco Bay Area....

Starting next Monday, San Francisco and Oakland will be conducting 144 VBTs within a 3 week period. Good luck to those taking it. I'd say relax, but, I tried and it's rather nerve racking. 2cents: It's an experience like no other. Results usually get to you via mail within 2 weeks after taking here.

Comment

• Originally posted by bronze01 View Post
                              Starting next Monday, San Francisco and Oakland will be conducting 144 VBTs within a 3 week period. Good luck to those taking it. I'd say relax, but, I tried and it's rather nerve racking. 2cents: It's an experience like no other. Results usually get to you via mail within 2 weeks after taking here.
                              Do you mean just at those locations or for those people who have SF/Oakland as their geo pref?
                              "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• Geo pref should have nothing to do with it...

Originally posted by sap123 View Post
                                Do you mean just at those locations or for those people who have SF/Oakland as their geo pref?
                                Don't think so because I took mine here and geo pref is Washington State - All Other Locations.

Good question!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12196 users online. 434 members and 11762 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X