X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Abner Rios View Post
    East Texas :/ looks like there's no vacancies over there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Abner, if you're already in the process, the east tx region is still receiving new officers. Don't give in and stay positive!
    Announcement 13-1
    GEO Applied for- East Texas
    Tested- 09/25/13
    NOR- 10/28/13 (98 With VP)
    TSL- 12/18/13
    TSL2- 12/28/13
    Medical and PFT1- 1/09/14
    SI/VBT- 2/24/14
    Drug Test- 4/1/14
    Poly- 5/7/14
    Finished with BI- 5/28/14
    Contacted about Active duty obligation- 7/30/14
    application placed on hold due to active military obligation- 7/31/14
    application changed to show active- 10/01/14
    CASS shows: "you have been referred to the scheduling unit"- 10/01/14
    Hoping to get Dallas

Comment

• Originally posted by melissa85 View Post
      Good morning everyone,

So I was offered a position in Seattle Washington. I'm still on the fence about the position and some may think I'm crazy. I was told that I would start on the 4th of April either at a port or airport. Location hasn't been picked yet. Anyone here work at the Seattle location? Able to share any insight about expense, work environment , and anything else relative ? would greatly appreciate it. Oh and I'll be going to the academy at the end of April till end of August.
      PM-ed

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeUSCG View Post
        Abner, if you're already in the process, the east tx region is still receiving new officers. Don't give in and stay positive!
        Thanx man... Little bit anxious thats all

Comment

• Hey guys I'm glad to find this site. This is how my process has been going. I'm scheduled for the polygraph on March 27th. It looks like things haven't been going too slow for me I guess. I'm just waiting to see. Anybody for Florida and Caribbean? I wish I could move time a few months ahead lol. I'm glad to see how motivated everyone is. Good luck to all of you

Apllicant 14-2
          Applied 23 Jul 2014
          Entrance exam 19 sept 2014
          NOR 31 Oct 2014
          TS letter 09 Jan 2015
          TSL packet received 14 Jan 2015
          Mailed fingerprint card 21 Jan 2015
          TSL packet submitted 27 Jan 2015
          Did Medical & PFT1 28 Jan 2015
          Did SI & VBT 13 feb 2015
          Scheduled poly 27 March 2015

Comment

• I'm scheduled for the polygraph this March 27th and I only have two things green on Cass: pft1 and structured interview. Everything else is still pending lol. I have no clues of what's going on.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeUSCG View Post
              Somebody posted this on Delphi forums..this is an e-mail they received.

"
              To: All (1 of 13)

We are writing in reference to the application for the position of Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Officer, GS-1895, GS-5/7 that you have with us. According to our records, you applied for an entry-level CBP Officer position for the Texas East region (which includes Houston, Galveston, Dallas, Amarillo, Corpus Christi, Lubbock, Midland, Freeport, Port Arthur, and San Antonio). Unfortunately, CBP anticipates minimal to no vacancies for CBP Officers in this region.

Based on critical hiring needs, we are inviting non-competitive applicants an opportunity to enter on duty at another location where hiring is anticipated. Many vacancies exist on the southwest border; however, there are many additional opportunities around the country as well. As this invitation is based on a non-competitive action, you may qualify for a GS level greater than the GS-5/7 advertised under the entry-level announcement that you applied for.

If you are interested in being considered for another location, please respond to this email at: [email protected] no later than Friday March 13, 2015. Please be sure to include your name, current address, email, telephone number, and the last four digits of your social security number. Upon receipt of your email, you will be contacted by the Minneapolis Hiring Center to discuss another duty location. Please remember that any necessary relocation costs will be at your own expense.

If you do not wish to be considered for another location, please respond to this email by, Friday March 13, 2015 that you are not interested in a duty station outside of the Texas East region under the entry-level announcement. Failure to respond to this email by Friday March 13, 2015 will be considered as a declination to the entry level CBPO position that you applied for in Texas East.

Comment

• Why did they want to switch over? only to get the duty location they wanted or other reasons too?

Comment

• Originally posted by milperil View Post
                  Hey guys I'm glad to find this site. This is how my process has been going. I'm scheduled for the polygraph on March 27th. It looks like things haven't been going too slow for me I guess. I'm just waiting to see. Anybody for Florida and Caribbean? I wish I could move time a few months ahead lol. I'm glad to see how motivated everyone is. Good luck to all of you
                  Hey there FLA!

Looks like you are a few days ahead of me, but I haven't had a poly scheduled yet. Unlike you, I had my 'pre-employment forms' go green on CASS on Tuesday. They had me re-do my E-QUIP signatures late last week for some reason.

Did you do the VBT in Tampa or Miami? I was in Tampa.
                  Where is your poly? When did they contact you to schedule it?
                  You don't have to answer, but wondering what your score on your test was or if you have Vet Preference. Just so I can compare to where I am at to see if that's why you are faster than me. Might not make a difference, but who knows with this process lol
                  Florida/Caribbean 14-2 -- GS-07

07/14 Applied to Florida/Caribbean 14-2
                  08/14 Notified: qualification to take exam
                  09/13/14 Written exam
                  10/31/14 NOR 100 (No Vet Points)
                  1/9/15 Notice of TS / Grade:GS-07
                  2/4/15 Physical Exam and PFT1 PASSED
                  2/6/15 Background Released to IA
                  2/18/15 VBT/SI (Tampa) PASSED
                  4/14/15 Polygraph (Tampa)
                  4/30/15 Notified of unsuitable polygraph and removed from consideration

Comment

• Originally posted by Precious539 View Post
                    Why did they want to switch over? only to get the duty location they wanted or other reasons too?
                    Pretty sure being in BP sucks right now. You go into that thinking you are going to get to be pretty hands on, but the admin. is handcuffing the agents instead of letting the agents handcuff the illegal immigrants. I would be extremely frustrated if I was in BP right now.

09/13/14 Written exam

Comment

• Speaking of CASS again....

So they qualified me for GS-07, but my 'review of qualifications' is pending.

THAT MAKES SENSE.

09/13/14 Written exam

Comment

Hey guys I'm glad to find this site. This is how my process has been going. I'm scheduled for the polygraph on March 27th. It looks like things haven't been going too slow for me I guess. I'm just waiting to see. Anybody for Florida and Caribbean? I wish I could move time a few months ahead lol. I'm glad to see how motivated everyone is. Good luck to all of you

Apllicant 14-2
                        Applied 23 Jul 2014
                        NOR 31 Oct 2014
                        TS letter 09 Jan 2015
                        Did SI & VBT 13 feb 2015
                        14-2 Fl and Caribbean here, millperil my timeline is about the same as you, are you from Florida? What was your test scores if you don't mind me asking? Still waiting for the poly email..

Comment

Apllicant 14-2
                          Applied 23 Jul 2014
                          NOR 31 Oct 2014
                          TS letter 09 Jan 2015
                          Did SI & VBT 13 feb 2015
                          Are you a female?
                          Geo- Florida
                          CBPO Exam- 9/25/13
                          NOR- 98 10/25/13
                          Qual- GS 7
                          TSL- 2/28/14
                          PFT1/Medical- 3/12/14
                          VBT/SI- 5/9/14
                          VBT/SI- eligible 5/14/14
                          BI E-QIP received- 10/03/14
                          BI E-QIP submitted- 10/06/14
                          BI E-QIP in Security Office- 01/06/15

Comment

Somebody posted this on Delphi forums..this is an e-mail they received.

"
                            To: All (1 of 13)

We are writing in reference to the application for the position of Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Officer, GS-1895, GS-5/7 that you have with us. According to our records, you applied for an entry-level CBP Officer position for the Texas East region (which includes Houston, Galveston, Dallas, Amarillo, Corpus Christi, Lubbock, Midland, Freeport, Port Arthur, and San Antonio). Unfortunately, CBP anticipates minimal to no vacancies for CBP Officers in this region.

Based on critical hiring needs, we are inviting non-competitive applicants an opportunity to enter on duty at another location where hiring is anticipated. Many vacancies exist on the southwest border; however, there are many additional opportunities around the country as well. As this invitation is based on a non-competitive action, you may qualify for a GS level greater than the GS-5/7 advertised under the entry-level announcement that you applied for.

If you are interested in being considered for another location, please respond to this email at: [email protected] no later than Friday March 13, 2015. Please be sure to include your name, current address, email, telephone number, and the last four digits of your social security number. Upon receipt of your email, you will be contacted by the Minneapolis Hiring Center to discuss another duty location. Please remember that any necessary relocation costs will be at your own expense.

If you do not wish to be considered for another location, please respond to this email by, Friday March 13, 2015 that you are not interested in a duty station outside of the Texas East region under the entry-level announcement. Failure to respond to this email by Friday March 13, 2015 will be considered as a declination to the entry level CBPO position that you applied for in Texas East.
                            Wow!!! I haven't received that email yet... But thanks i wrote dhs anyways... Lets see what happen

Comment

• If I have everything done but background and poly, can I request a region change?
                              Geo- Florida
                              CBPO Exam- 9/25/13
                              NOR- 98 10/25/13
                              Qual- GS 7
                              TSL- 2/28/14
                              PFT1/Medical- 3/12/14
                              VBT/SI- 5/9/14
                              VBT/SI- eligible 5/14/14
                              BI E-QIP received- 10/03/14
                              BI E-QIP submitted- 10/06/14
                              BI E-QIP in Security Office- 01/06/15

Comment

Why did they want to switch over? only to get the duty location they wanted or other reasons too?
                                Primarily it's location and money...or the perception of money.

Virtually 90% of BPAs are on the Mexican border. There's not a whole lot of options to go off the southern border. Compound that with the fact that Border Patrol's movement policies are no more employee friendly than ours and you have a bunch of PAs who really have little chance of getting to where they want to get as PAs...especially any time soon in their careers.

As far as money goes, the BP is in the process of modifying their overtime policies. Most PAs stand to lose some money when the conversion from AUO(the old system) to BPPRA(the new system) comes to full fruition. Plus. much of Border Patrol has always ran with the misconception that OFO is a cornucopia of overtime/differentials funding and that the average CBPO clears more cash than the average PA. Depending on circumstance and location, there's truth to that notion. Still, many of them jumping into OFO will end up seeing their pay cut even more than that what they were staring at with the BPPRA. They don't see it that way though. For most, the realities of OFO will soon cure them of their misinformation.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8385 users online. 373 members and 8012 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X