07/23/14 Applied to Central East Coast 14-2
    09/21/14 Written exam
    11/18/14 Notice of TS
    11/21/14 TSL packet received
    12/17/14 PFT1/MED PASSED
    01/06/15 VBT/SI PASSED
    02/25/15 poly (JFK) waiting for final results

Comment

• Hey guys I have a question. I'm a 13-1 and qualified as a GS05 but just got a Bachelors degree. How long would it take to jump me up ? I know I could reapply and now and grade GS07. But if I stay and go to the academy, what happens? Anybody knows?

Comment

• Originally posted by M8541 Reaper View Post
        lol If breathing or being nervous failed people, no one would pass.

It isn't over until you receive a DQ letter.

But hey, nothing like badmouthing the process or staff before you get a DQ letter huh?

Similar to the typical cycle most go through...
        Application Day: "OMG I want to work for this agency! Going to be so awesome!"
        Receive DQ letter: "F this agency! Whatever, it was all BS and isn't worth my time!"
        ^This is not the attitude to have, regardless of the outcome. If an applicant can't psychologically handle rejection (or the impression of rejection), they are in for a bad time throughout life.
        Reaper, my problem is not what you described. My problem is someone repeatedly stating I did something on PURPOSE that I did not. That is what is BS.
        SM3

CBPO

14-2
        Geo: Central East Coast, United States
        Grade: GS-7
        CBPO Exam: 9/16/2014
        NOR: 10/31/2014 - 110 (with Veteran's points)
        TSL: 11/18/2014
        Medical/PFT 1: 12/17/2014
        01/06/15 VBT/SI
        01/07/15 NOR for SI found "eligible"
        03/06/15 Poly- Scheduled

Good luck to everyone, this is not easy. I know good people that have not made it through the process. Let's all do our best to support and help each other through the process. I hope we all make it!

Comment

• Originally posted by pinarsu View Post
          When did you guys get e-QIP? I received my cass ID number and logged in the Cass, but never received e-qip
          Hey. Are you also a 14-3 applicant? I don't think any of us have received our eqip yet. I know I haven't. I've been checking my email every hour waiting for it!

Comment

• Originally posted by SM3 View Post
            Could be worse. I had my poly today also. You can all sleep soundly now, thanks to the crack staff at CBP IA we have identified one more terrorist threat to America,.... ME. I kept "PURPOSEFULLY" changing my breathing every time she started a test. The whole second section was me trying to "Manipulate the test", terrorist, foreign contacts, handling of classified material, etc.... I was accused of looking up open source information on how to be manipulative. I told her so much stuff before the test, why would I lie on the test? I wouldn't/didn't! She stated she use to be in QC and knows what they are looking fr, and it doesn't look good. Of course she told me that before the second half of the test. I told her, what happens when you tell someone up high, not to look down? Of course I'm thinking of my breathing now. Anyway, good luck to everyone else. I don't know if they will offer me a retake, but at this point, I'm disgusted, and not sure it's worth another day away from work or family (okay, I'd probably take a retake, I'm just venting). But seriously, I use to be on the fence about poly's, but having taken one, they are complete non-sense. No wonder 70% of people don't pass (her words). Why does congress agree to pay for this? FYI, for those in Puerto Rico, she mentioned several examiners are going down there in April.
            Good luck to you SM3, hope you get a chance to retake it. I'm definitely anxious for them to come to Puerto Rico to see what's this all about and get it done, either for the better or for the worst.

Comment

• Originally posted by MissAmitious View Post
              Hey. Are you also a 14-3 applicant? I don't think any of us have received our eqip yet. I know I haven't. I've been checking my email every hour waiting for it!
              I am 14-2. Did you receive your CASS?

Comment

• Originally posted by SM3 View Post
                Reaper, my problem is not what you described. My problem is someone repeatedly stating I did something on PURPOSE that I did not. That is what is BS.
                It isn't over until you receive a DQ letter so don't stress it.

Good luck.
                "Independent research, reading comprehension, & a firm grasp of reality saves lives."

Comment

I am 14-2. Did you receive your CASS?
                  Yes I have. All I have left to complete is my
                  -pre-employment forms
                  -qualifications
                  -background
                  -drug test
                  How about you?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pisan917 View Post
                    Hey guys I have a question. I'm a 13-1 and qualified as a GS05 but just got a Bachelors degree. How long would it take to jump me up ? I know I could reapply and now and grade GS07. But if I stay and go to the academy, what happens? Anybody knows?
                    Assuming no future changes , the normal progression for a GS-05 each 52 weeks would be...

05/01
                    07/01
                    09/01
                    11/01
                    12/01
                    12/02
                    12/03
                    12/04
                    12/04
                    12/05
                    12/05
                    12/06
                    12/06
                    12/07
                    12/07
                    12/07
                    12/08
                    12/08
                    12/08
                    12/09
                    12/09
                    12/09
                    12/10

With GS-12/10 being the salary for each year additional.
                    The same progression applies for starting as a GS-07. Start at the GS-07/01 level.

A standard Bachelors degree still would only qualify you as a GS-05. See:

"Education: If applicants do not have the work experience described above, four (4) years of study in any field leading to a bachelor's degree in an accredited college or university can be substituted and is fully qualifying for the GS-5 level. For the GS-7 level, one (1) full academic year of graduate education, or a master's or higher degree is qualifying, or meeting the provisions of Superior Academic Achievement (SAA).

Education obtained from a foreign university or college is not creditable for qualification requirements unless it has been evaluated by a private foreign educational credential evaluation service (see http://www.naces.org/members.htm for a list of organizations that provide this evaluation service).

Combining qualifying experience and education: If you do not qualify based on experience or education alone, you may be able to qualify based on a combination of your experience and education. Follow the directions below in order to convert each to a percentage, and then add the percentages together to see if they total 100 percent. To determine your percentage of qualifying experience, you must divide your total number of months of qualifying experience by the required number of months of experience."

Whether or not it would benefit you to reapply for the GS-07...I don't know. Many factors come into play. As a rule of thumb it's probably better wait for a GS-07, especially in today's hiring frenzy, but there are several advantages to hiring on sooner.
                    Last edited by merlin436; 03-07-2015, 12:23 PM.

Comment

Yes I have. All I have left to complete is my
                      -pre-employment forms
                      -qualifications
                      -background
                      -drug test
                      How about you?
                      I didn't start anything yet. Just got my CASS. It is been a week. I am hoping that they will call me soon for medical. I wonder how long it will take to start. How long did it take you to get ypur medical done after your CASS

Comment

I didn't start anything yet. Just got my CASS. It is been a week. I am hoping that they will call me soon for medical. I wonder how long it will take to start. How long did it take you to get ypur medical done after your CASS
                        Wow. I got my CASS on January 23rd. Then medical February 3rd. Have you called MHC? That's weird for someone coming from 14-2.

Comment

• I called for CASS because I couldn't log in. Yesterday I emailed them about rest of the process. It is been a slow slow process for me.

Comment

Wow. I got my CASS on January 23rd. Then medical February 3rd. Have you called MHC? That's weird for someone coming from 14-2.
                            Did medical and interview take all day and did they work with you on the date and time?

Comment

Did medical and interview take all day and did they work with you on the date and time?
                              The medical took maybe 2hours tops from the time I walked in to the waiting room, and the interview took about 4hours. I didn't dare try and reschedule anything they assigned me. I had to drive 4 hours to take my interview.

Comment

• Did you take fitness 1 when you get your medical? Where do you live?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12152 users online. 495 members and 11657 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X