• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nvan86 View Post
    thanks, please turn on your message
    Done

Comment

• Well, I guess I can join the failed poly by telling the truth club. Apparently their little voodoo machine thought I was lying about drug use. Oh well. I guess I'll see what QC comes back with.

Comment

• Originally posted by edoc118 View Post
        Well, I guess I can join the failed poly by telling the truth club. Apparently their little voodoo machine thought I was lying about drug use. Oh well. I guess I'll see what QC comes back with.
        keep up the hope, let wait for QC, we all praying

Comment

Well, I guess I can join the failed poly by telling the truth club. Apparently their little voodoo machine thought I was lying about drug use. Oh well. I guess I'll see what QC comes back with.
          Could be worse. I had my poly today also. You can all sleep soundly now, thanks to the crack staff at CBP IA we have identified one more terrorist threat to America,.... ME. I kept "PURPOSEFULLY" changing my breathing every time she started a test. The whole second section was me trying to "Manipulate the test", terrorist, foreign contacts, handling of classified material, etc.... I was accused of looking up open source information on how to be manipulative. I told her so much stuff before the test, why would I lie on the test? I wouldn't/didn't! She stated she use to be in QC and knows what they are looking fr, and it doesn't look good. Of course she told me that before the second half of the test. I told her, what happens when you tell someone up high, not to look down? Of course I'm thinking of my breathing now. Anyway, good luck to everyone else. I don't know if they will offer me a retake, but at this point, I'm disgusted, and not sure it's worth another day away from work or family (okay, I'd probably take a retake, I'm just venting). But seriously, I use to be on the fence about poly's, but having taken one, they are complete non-sense. No wonder 70% of people don't pass (her words). Why does congress agree to pay for this? FYI, for those in Puerto Rico, she mentioned several examiners are going down there in April.
          SM3

CBPO

14-2
          Geo: Central East Coast, United States
          Grade: GS-7
          CBPO Exam: 9/16/2014
          NOR: 10/31/2014 - 110 (with Veteran's points)
          TSL: 11/18/2014
          Medical/PFT 1: 12/17/2014
          01/06/15 VBT/SI
          01/07/15 NOR for SI found "eligible"
          03/06/15 Poly- Scheduled

Good luck to everyone, this is not easy. I know good people that have not made it through the process. Let's all do our best to support and help each other through the process. I hope we all make it!

Comment

• lol If breathing or being nervous failed people, no one would pass.

It isn't over until you receive a DQ letter.

But hey, nothing like badmouthing the process or staff before you get a DQ letter huh?

Similar to the typical cycle most go through...
            Application Day: "OMG I want to work for this agency! Going to be so awesome!"
            Receive DQ letter: "F this agency! Whatever, it was all BS and isn't worth my time!"
            ^This is not the attitude to have, regardless of the outcome. If an applicant can't psychologically handle rejection (or the impression of rejection), they are in for a bad time throughout life.
            "Independent research, reading comprehension, & a firm grasp of reality saves lives."

Comment

• Originally posted by SM3 View Post
              Could be worse. I had my poly today also. You can all sleep soundly now, thanks to the crack staff at CBP IA we have identified one more terrorist threat to America,.... ME. I kept "PURPOSEFULLY" changing my breathing every time she started a test. The whole second section was me trying to "Manipulate the test", terrorist, foreign contacts, handling of classified material, etc.... I was accused of looking up open source information on how to be manipulative. I told her so much stuff before the test, why would I lie on the test? I wouldn't/didn't! She stated she use to be in QC and knows what they are looking fr, and it doesn't look good. Of course she told me that before the second half of the test. I told her, what happens when you tell someone up high, not to look down? Of course I'm thinking of my breathing now. Anyway, good luck to everyone else. I don't know if they will offer me a retake, but at this point, I'm disgusted, and not sure it's worth another day away from work or family (okay, I'd probably take a retake, I'm just venting). But seriously, I use to be on the fence about poly's, but having taken one, they are complete non-sense. No wonder 70% of people don't pass (her words). Why does congress agree to pay for this? FYI, for those in Puerto Rico, she mentioned several examiners are going down there in April.
              Sorry man, let's just hope you get a retake. At least from what I have seen on here you would be a great candidate. But in the end it is what it is I guess.
              Florida/Caribbean 14-2 -- GS-07

07/14 Applied to Florida/Caribbean 14-2
              08/14 Notified: qualification to take exam
              09/13/14 Written exam
              10/31/14 NOR 100 (No Vet Points)
              1/9/15 Notice of TS / Grade:GS-07
              2/4/15 Physical Exam and PFT1 PASSED
              2/6/15 Background Released to IA
              2/18/15 VBT/SI (Tampa) PASSED
              4/14/15 Polygraph (Tampa)
              4/30/15 Notified of unsuitable polygraph and removed from consideration

Comment

• Originally posted by M8541 Reaper View Post
                lol If breathing or being nervous failed people, no one would pass.

It isn't over until you receive a DQ letter.

But hey, nothing like badmouthing the process or staff before you get a DQ letter huh?

Similar to the typical cycle most go through...
                Application Day: "OMG I want to work for this agency! Going to be so awesome!"
                Receive DQ letter: "F this agency! Whatever, it was all BS and isn't worth my time!"
                ^This is not the attitude to have, regardless of the outcome. If an applicant can't psychologically handle rejection (or the impression of rejection), they are in for a bad time throughout life.
                Why does it seem you always come on here to say negative things?

07/23/14 Applied to Central East Coast 14-2
                09/21/14 Written exam
                11/18/14 Notice of TS
                11/21/14 TSL packet received
                12/17/14 PFT1/MED PASSED
                01/06/15 VBT/SI PASSED
                02/25/15 poly (JFK) waiting for final results

Comment

Welcome. Welcome to the last bit of hope, praying for QC to never send a DQ email or letter. Pray pray pray.

09/21/14 Written exam
                  11/18/14 Notice of TS
                  12/17/14 PFT1/MED PASSED
                  01/06/15 VBT/SI PASSED

Comment

• Geek4life where r u?!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Steph631_ View Post
                      Why does it seem you always come on here to say negative things?

09/21/14 Written exam
                      11/18/14 Notice of TS
                      12/17/14 PFT1/MED PASSED
                      01/06/15 VBT/SI PASSED
                      Well if this place was full of grown adult applicants it wouldn't be an issue. However it appears that many applicants are looking for sympathy and pity.

So what if you had a miserable experience during the poly/failed a pft/bombed the SI/VBT/got DQ'D/have a bad case of hat hair....

You're supposed to be a professional adult seeking employment as an armed federal law enforcement officer.

The hiring process has been designed to select specific individuals in order to ensure quality control. Everything always goes back to that 10%....sometimes some of the good ones get caught up in the mix. It's unfortunate but that's how life goes.

Nothing is over until you get the DQ letter.

but hey, it's apparent that some of you are the same people that would cheer on the guy who shows up unprepared and is dying 1:00 into the step test.....

MEDALS FOR ALL!
                      "Independent research, reading comprehension, & a firm grasp of reality saves lives."

Comment

• When did you guys get e-QIP? I received my cass ID number and logged in the Cass, but never received e-qip

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                          There should be another announcement opening up in April.

As with pretty much everything else, relocating isn't a problem. ..unless it's a problem. Today, reapplying to an open announcement is a viable avenue to move elsewhere. Seven to ten years ago, chances are that CBP and/or MHC would have dragged such an application through the mud and would have done pretty much anything to legitimately deny such an application. Doors open...and doors close. Sometimes it's a matter of fortunate circumstances.

TDYs are a great opportunity, especially for those in less larger NB ports.
                          What ended up happening is due to the potential shutdown, the opening closed. I guess there will be two to three more openings open for the rest of the year.

I saw someone who got started in May 2014 and starts pre-academy in April. Congratulations, that's pretty awesome.

Comment

• CBP officer

Originally posted by M8541 Reaper View Post
                            Well if this place was full of grown adult applicants it wouldn't be an issue. However it appears that many applicants are looking for sympathy and pity.

So what if you had a miserable experience during the poly/failed a pft/bombed the SI/VBT/got DQ'D/have a bad case of hat hair....

You're supposed to be a professional adult seeking employment as an armed federal law enforcement officer.

The hiring process has been designed to select specific individuals in order to ensure quality control. Everything always goes back to that 10%....sometimes some of the good ones get caught up in the mix. It's unfortunate but that's how life goes.

Nothing is over until you get the DQ letter.

but hey, it's apparent that some of you are the same people that would cheer on the guy who shows up unprepared and is dying 1:00 into the step test.....

MEDALS FOR ALL!
                            Last edited by Steph631_; 03-07-2015, 10:45 PM.

Comment

The forum is for advice, it is also for us to share our thoughts, our experiences, our likes and dislikes. If you aren't happy with what most of the people are writing on here why come and always bash and be negative or say the smart remark, is that any more professional ? If I wasn't pleased with a certain atmosphere I wouldn't go around making smart remarks and bashing everyone's opinion id just not be involved unless necessary in which I'd do what I had to be cordial and call it a day. So why waste your time with a forum full of kids? . Positivity will bring you positive things. All that negative stuff isn't making anything better. Hope you have a great day.

09/21/14 Written exam
                              11/18/14 Notice of TS
                              12/17/14 PFT1/MED PASSED
                              01/06/15 VBT/SI PASSED
                              Steph on fireeeeeeeee lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The forum is for advice, it is also for us to share our thoughts, our experiences, our likes and dislikes. Positivity will bring you positive things. All that negative stuff isn't making anything better. Hope you have a great day.
                                The forum is for advice. <--- Yes it is. My advice is "You aren't DQ'd until you get the letter."

it is also for us to share our thoughts <--- Which is why I've posted my thoughts. Just because they aren't the same as yours doesn't mean they aren't worthy of posting.

Positivity will bring you positive things. <--- Not in the real world.

All that negative stuff isn't making anything better. <--- Stating the truth isn't negativity.

Hope you have a great day. <--- You as well.

Remember, if you wish it, it will come. That's why everyone gets hired. Now lets go cheer for those applicants who crawl across the finish line 2 minutes after the cut off.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12266 users online. 492 members and 11774 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X