300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wmcgalrd View Post
    To schedule the VBT is it a phone call like the medical or is it a letter in the mail?
    The official scheduling notice comes in the mail. That being said, CASS and the job status line will let you know when you have been scheduled. When it does, then you know that the letter is on the way to you.
    "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• Originally posted by sap123 View Post
      anyone else have issues with the job status line? I called this morning and it was being pretty loopy, and hung up on me both times I tried. I guess I'll try it again this afternoon.
      Yeah it did the same thing to me yesterday. I thought maybe it was because I was driving and the background noise.

Comment

The official scheduling notice comes in the mail. That being said, CASS or the job status will let you know when you have been scheduled. When it does, then you know that the letter is on the way to you.
        Thanks

Comment

The official scheduling notice comes in the mail. That being said, CASS and the job status line will let you know when you have been scheduled. When it does, then you know that the letter is on the way to you.
          Things don't always happen in that order. I got a phone call (they needed one sheet that had been misplaced somehow, so I fax it to them) the lady on the phone told me I was being sent to TSU, then I got a letter in the mail, then almost a week later CASS finally updated.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hound77 View Post
            Things don't always happen in that order. I got a phone call (they needed one sheet that had been misplaced somehow, so I fax it to them) the lady on the phone told me I was being sent to TSU, then I got a letter in the mail, then almost a week later CASS finally updated.
            I was strictly speaking about the VBT, and I've never heard of people getting called to get scheduled for a VBT. Since they have to have it scheduled on their end before letting you know, it just makes sense that you will probably be informed via CASS/status line that you have been scheduled before you get the letter. TSU is a whole other ball game.

Comment

I was strictly speaking about the VBT, and I've never heard of people getting called to get scheduled for a VBT. Since they have to have it scheduled on their end before letting you know, it just makes sense that you will probably be informed via CASS/status line that you have been scheduled before you get the letter. TSU is a whole other ball game.
              Ack, sorry, RIF and all that. My bad.

Comment

• No harm no foul. Hope you get out of the TSU hotel soon!

Comment

• sorry what does NOPA stand for? are they the letters they send whenever you arent cleared for something, like medical/background/etc.?

Comment

• How long after the BI begins does the investigator contact you?
                    CBPO- Hawaii
                    Written: 07/31/08
                    TO: 09/23/08
                    Pre-employment Forms: Completed 10/09/08
                    Medical: Completed (11/12/08)
                    Drug Test: Completed (11/13/08)
                    Fitness: Completed (10/15/08)
                    VBT: Completed (11/20/08)
                    BI: Completed (2/19/09)
                    Qualifications: GS7 (3/13/09)
                    Referred to TSU: 3/13/09

IEA
                    TO: 11/4/08

Comment

You are correct. I called the status line and it says oral board has been scheduled. I guess a letter will be coming soon.

Comment

• A lot of VBTs are getting scheduled this week. Hopefully mine will as well!

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                          One thing about the GS-05/GS-07 applications...

They only issue a certain number of GS-07 slots. Once used up, that's it. Only GS-05's are offered after that point regardless of your qualifications.

If you really want the job, it's best to fill out both quals.

Depending on your port and what it has for OT, it's possible a GS-05 could well pass a GS-07 end-of-the-year money-wise.
                          Well, this was the concern that I had when I filled out my form. I was affraid that if I didn't qualify for GS-7 that I would either lose my opportunity altogether or at very least be delayed in my processing. As much as I'd like to re-apply for the GS-7; at this point, I have already been determined a GS-5 and I'm affraid that to re-apply for GS-7 would only hurt my chances at getting in sooner than later.

Comment

• Tuition assistance

I have heard that the Gubb'a'ment will offer tuition assistance. Does anyone know anything about that?

Comment

• Originally posted by wmcgalrd View Post
                              You are correct. I called the status line and it says oral board has been scheduled. I guess a letter will be coming soon.
                              Rats, well the hotline still isn't working for me, so I guess I get to be surprised the old fashioned way. Snail mail it is.

Forgot to add that I'm jealous of everyone getting their VBTs ready to go.

Comment

Rats, well the hotline still isn't working for me, so I guess I get to be surprised the old fashioned way. Snail mail it is.

Same here. It keeps repeating itself and then hangs up on me.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12998 users online. 480 members and 12518 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X