300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MiamiCanes View Post
    I wonder if CBP Technicians have a fitness examination requirement ?
    Nope.

Comment

• Originally posted by MiamiCanes View Post
      I wonder if CBP Technicians have a fitness examination requirement ?
      There's no need.

Techs are more or less office workers. The most strenuous part of their job is likely to be packing away paperwork for storage or delivering UPS boxes to somebody.

Comment

• So there was a CBPO opening that opened up a few days ago. Has that closed already, or is it still open and I just can't find it? I am trying to help my brother apply to become a CBPO and can't seem to find the opening.

As for a few other people's questions about transfers and reapplying, I recently did that. I reapplied under the job posting in July 2014 and took the test in September 2014, got the notification that I was going to transfer ports at the end of January/beginning of February 2015. I report to my new port in early May 2015. It can be done, and its not hard, just retake the test.

I've been a CBPO on the northern border for a while now. It is a pretty decent place to work. I haven't applied for any TDYs yet, but eventually I may.

Comment

• Does anyone know if the CBPO's poly and BPA's poly can be convalidated for each other?

Comment

• Today I got a green Check next to: pre employment forms - all pre employment forms have been received.

07/23/14 Applied to Central East Coast 14-2
            09/21/14 Written exam
            11/18/14 Notice of TS
            11/21/14 TSL packet received
            12/17/14 PFT1/MED PASSED
            01/06/15 VBT/SI PASSED
            02/25/15 poly (JFK) waiting for final results

Comment

• I opened my CASS today. Do you receive pre employment forms by mail? Also do they call and schedule medical?

Comment

• Originally posted by Steph631_ View Post
                Today I got a green Check next to: pre employment forms - all pre employment forms have been received.

09/21/14 Written exam
                11/18/14 Notice of TS
                12/17/14 PFT1/MED PASSED
                01/06/15 VBT/SI PASSED
                Girl I think you passed that poly!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Pisan917 View Post
                  Girl I think you passed that poly!!
                  OMG may God hear those words. I don't think pre employment has anything to do with the BI though. Not getting too excited. But thanks

09/21/14 Written exam
                  11/18/14 Notice of TS
                  12/17/14 PFT1/MED PASSED
                  01/06/15 VBT/SI PASSED

Comment

• Originally posted by pinarsu View Post
                    I opened my CASS today. Do you receive pre employment forms by mail? Also do they call and schedule medical?
                    Nothing that I filled out was received by mail EXCEPT THE FINGER PRINT CARD. As far as medical they do call and schedule you yes, it's an automated message info you to call to schedule your med/PFT1.

09/21/14 Written exam
                    11/18/14 Notice of TS
                    12/17/14 PFT1/MED PASSED
                    01/06/15 VBT/SI PASSED

Comment

• Didn't somebody receive a certified mail the other day? I don't think he ever came back to tell us what it was.

Comment

• Originally posted by sizzlin bacon View Post
                        So there was a CBPO opening that opened up a few days ago. Has that closed already, or is it still open and I just can't find it? I am trying to help my brother apply to become a CBPO and can't seem to find the opening.

As for a few other people's questions about transfers and reapplying, I recently did that. I reapplied under the job posting in July 2014 and took the test in September 2014, got the notification that I was going to transfer ports at the end of January/beginning of February 2015. I report to my new port in early May 2015. It can be done, and its not hard, just retake the test.

I've been a CBPO on the northern border for a while now. It is a pretty decent place to work. I haven't applied for any TDYs yet, but eventually I may.
                        I can't find it, I think it closed already.

Comment

• Originally posted by sizzlin bacon View Post
                          So there was a CBPO opening that opened up a few days ago. Has that closed already, or is it still open and I just can't find it? I am trying to help my brother apply to become a CBPO and can't seem to find the opening.

There should be another announcement opening up in April.

As with pretty much everything else, relocating isn't a problem. ..unless it's a problem. Today, reapplying to an open announcement is a viable avenue to move elsewhere. Seven to ten years ago, chances are that CBP and/or MHC would have dragged such an application through the mud and would have done pretty much anything to legitimately deny such an application. Doors open...and doors close. Sometimes it's a matter of fortunate circumstances.

TDYs are a great opportunity, especially for those in less larger NB ports.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pastelon View Post
                            Does anyone know if the CBPO's poly and BPA's poly can be convalidated for each other?
                            They should be identical.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pastelon View Post
                              Does anyone know if the CBPO's poly and BPA's poly can be convalidated for each other?
                              I believe they are legally married to each other by the church of DHS, yes.

If you were hired to either before 2010 you would not have to take a poly to switch. If you were hired after 2010 and took a poly, it should still count. I have heard people who do this automatically get green check marks on CASS for BI and Drug Screen right away.
                              Florida/Caribbean 14-2 -- GS-07

07/14 Applied to Florida/Caribbean 14-2
                              08/14 Notified: qualification to take exam
                              09/13/14 Written exam
                              10/31/14 NOR 100 (No Vet Points)
                              1/9/15 Notice of TS / Grade:GS-07
                              2/4/15 Physical Exam and PFT1 PASSED
                              2/6/15 Background Released to IA
                              2/18/15 VBT/SI (Tampa) PASSED
                              4/14/15 Polygraph (Tampa)
                              4/30/15 Notified of unsuitable polygraph and removed from consideration

Comment

• Got my Academy dates and pre academy date

Pre academy- April 6
                                Academy April 27- August 27
                                May you meet upon the level and part upon the square
                                USPIS

Applied:
                                01/28/2019
                                Exam Part 1 Passed: 01/28/2019
                                eCAP Submitted: 01/29/2019
                                Info Exchange: ?

CBPO, GEO: Midwest

Applied on: 05/05/14
                                CBPO Exam: 6/12/14
                                NOR:7/14/14=score 86 (with VET preference)
                                TSL: 8/1/14
                                EQIP/FINGERPRINTS- 8/14/14
                                MED/PFT1: 8/29/14
                                VBT/SI: 09/19/14
                                POLY: 11/03/14
                                BI: Passed Feb 2015
                                EOD: Turned down the offer due to an undesired location

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6845 users online. 382 members and 6463 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X