Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• if anyone is interested...future projections for CBPO and BPA (2015-2016) vacancy announcements can be found here

http://www.cbp.gov/careers/join-cbp/...ement-schedule

Comment

• Very helpful. Thank you sir.

Comment

• Just finished up my drug screen!

Comment

• Originally posted by haoken View Post
          I wasn't given a specific port because I have 'fully accepted' the offer but the general idea is upstate NY, Vermont, and Maine. I was given a deadline to respond by.
          They usually give the specific ports you would going to so you can research the ports before deciding.

Comment

• Originally posted by CZ_Kid View Post
            For those of you playing Russian roulette and declining offers because you aren't given a POE of your liking, due so wisely. Make sure you have a good and honest reason to do so. A legitimate example would be that your 4 year old daughter has a condition that is only treatable at several specialized clinics in the U.S. and none of the POE's offered are driving distance. Heaven forbid anyone's child is in this situation but you catch my drift. You'll be submitted to a SPI again and a highly regret your outcome if one of the Supervisory Officers conducting the SPI questions your reasoning for not excepting an offer. Especially when applicants are getting a handful of locations offered lately. There is a good chance that one or both Supervisory Officers sitting in on your SPI where only offered one locations back when they were hired and it was una mierda de POE yet they stuck it out and got to where they are now. An excuse of not wanting to be too far from mommy and daddy, girlfriend Crystal didn't like any locations offered or you cant imagine being so far from your best bud Bubba aren't going to cut it. I know my Supervisors that volunteer to sit in on these interviews would have a field day with applicants turning down offers. Another thing to keep in mind if you are not a veteran, is that all these positions are getting swamped by veteran applicants that are now leaving the armed services. Eventually I'm pretty sure all of you declining offers will get hired but do you really want to take the chance of getting left out? All I'm stressing is make sure your reasoning to decline is legit and well thought out. Good luck to those in the process and stay safe.

I don't know.

I'm not a supervisor and I don't judge interviews but I am a guy who did a multi-year stint in one of the most remote, "hardship" ports out there.

If a new person recognizes the likely failure of working somewhere and dodges early to avoid the whole mess, looking for a workable location, I wouldn't hold it against him.

I seen more than a few people move to places they don't want to be at and then spend years trying to get out. Families stressed out. Coworkers impacted. Nobody really wins.

Then, while there's a guy in port "WWW" trying his best to get elsewhere, there may just be a new hire or transfer really wants "WWW" but who gets jammed because that spot remains closed with a guy who's interests are elsewhere.

Maybe you're right and management and the interview board frets over such things. Their mistake...if you ask me.

Comment

I wasn't given a specific port because I have 'fully accepted' the offer but the general idea is upstate NY, Vermont, and Maine. I was given a deadline to respond by.
              Don't take my spot ! Turn it down lol...

Comment

• Originally posted by Pastelon View Post
                Do you mind me asking why this job wasn't mean for you? Did you stay with an LE agency? Would love to hear your response
                The CBPO position is a great gig. However, I'm that overly ambitious person that likes to be challenged daily. After some time with CBP, you'll hit a tempo and it can be somewhat robotic at times.
                I'm with another LE agency and so far it's been pretty enjoyable.

Comment

I wasn't given a specific port because I haven't 'fully accepted' the offer but the general idea is upstate NY, Vermont, and Maine. I was given a deadline to respond by.
                  Hi, what ports did they offer you on Vermont?

Comment

• What are the testing and interview requirements for a CBP TECHNICIAN, and how do the differ from CBP Officer?

Comment

• Got my PFT2 scheduled for March 18th at Markham Park in Sunrise, FL.

If anyone else has the same date PM me!
                      CBPO: GS-5
                      Geo: SW
                      Tested: Sep '13
                      NOR (79): Oct 28th '13 // Geo changed to SW: Feb 20th '14
                      Medical/PFT1 passed: Apr 18th '14 // VBT/SI passed: May 25th '14
                      Equip sent: Jun 6th '14 // NOPA: Aug 5th '14
                      Poly: Oct 22nd '14 // Met with BI: Dec 18th '14
                      The Call: Mar 3rd '15 // Drug Test: Mar 6th '15
                      BI Cleared: Mar 3rd '15 // PFT 2: Mar 18th '15
                      EOD: Mar 30th '15 // FLETC: 4/23-8/27 '15

Comment

• Originally posted by MiamiCanes View Post
                        What are the testing and interview requirements for a CBP TECHNICIAN, and how do the differ from CBP Officer?
                        I can't answer your questions....but....

GO CANES!!!!!!!! God it sucks here in Gator/Seminole country!
                        Florida/Caribbean 14-2 -- GS-07

07/14 Applied to Florida/Caribbean 14-2
                        08/14 Notified: qualification to take exam
                        09/13/14 Written exam
                        10/31/14 NOR 100 (No Vet Points)
                        1/9/15 Notice of TS / Grade:GS-07
                        2/4/15 Physical Exam and PFT1 PASSED
                        2/6/15 Background Released to IA
                        2/18/15 VBT/SI (Tampa) PASSED
                        4/14/15 Polygraph (Tampa)
                        4/30/15 Notified of unsuitable polygraph and removed from consideration

Comment

• LOL.. I root for the CANES then FSU.

I noticed a job posting for CBP Technician on USAJOBS.

Comment

LOL.. I root for the CANES then FSU.
                            How is this even possible?! lol
                            Florida/Caribbean 14-2 -- GS-07

07/14 Applied to Florida/Caribbean 14-2
                            08/14 Notified: qualification to take exam
                            09/13/14 Written exam
                            10/31/14 NOR 100 (No Vet Points)
                            1/9/15 Notice of TS / Grade:GS-07
                            2/4/15 Physical Exam and PFT1 PASSED
                            2/6/15 Background Released to IA
                            2/18/15 VBT/SI (Tampa) PASSED
                            4/14/15 Polygraph (Tampa)
                            4/30/15 Notified of unsuitable polygraph and removed from consideration

Comment

What are the testing and interview requirements for a CBP TECHNICIAN, and how do the differ from CBP Officer?

Come to think on it, I've no idea of the tech hiring process.

I don't imagine there's much similarities. Maybe there's a bit of overlap in their background processing.

Techs are glorified mail clerks, cashiers, go-fors, and aides. Except for having access to some of the lesser computer systems, a Tech's duties are not typical CBPO duties, unless maybe a CBPO is injured, pregnant or otherwise on temporary light duty.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                                Come to think on it, I've no idea of the tech hiring process.

I don't imagine there's much similarities. Maybe there's a bit of overlap in their background processing.

Techs are glorified mail clerks, cashiers, go-fors, and aides. Except for having access to some of the lesser computer systems, a Tech's duties are not typical CBPO duties, unless maybe a CBPO is injured, pregnant or otherwise on temporary light duty.
                                I wonder if CBP Technicians have a fitness examination requirement ?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8508 users online. 401 members and 8107 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X