Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Called MHC to confirm San Ysidro as my duty station. Not scared of the work everyone talks about, sounds like the best place to stay busy and max OT.
    Also got my drug test scheduled for Friday.
    PFT2 should be scheduled sometime in the next 2 weeks.
    CBPO: GS-5
    Geo: SW
    Tested: Sep '13
    NOR (79): Oct 28th '13 // Geo changed to SW: Feb 20th '14
    Medical/PFT1 passed: Apr 18th '14 // VBT/SI passed: May 25th '14
    Equip sent: Jun 6th '14 // NOPA: Aug 5th '14
    Poly: Oct 22nd '14 // Met with BI: Dec 18th '14
    The Call: Mar 3rd '15 // Drug Test: Mar 6th '15
    BI Cleared: Mar 3rd '15 // PFT 2: Mar 18th '15
    EOD: Mar 30th '15 // FLETC: 4/23-8/27 '15

    Comment


    • Hi all,

      Does anyone know how port swap or transfers? I applied to Northeast but did not realize that I should be applying for Central East for NYC. I received 'the call' for the Northeast region this morning but I have to call back the person to find out where I will be exactly. I don't know if I should just pass on the offer and wait for the 15-2 processing or just accept and go through FLETC and then port swap/transfer? Any officers can help me on this?

      Comment


      • Originally posted by haoken View Post
        Hi all,

        Does anyone know how port swap or transfers? I applied to Northeast but did not realize that I should be applying for Central East for NYC. I received 'the call' for the Northeast region this morning but I have to call back the person to find out where I will be exactly. I don't know if I should just pass on the offer and wait for the 15-2 processing or just accept and go through FLETC and then port swap/transfer? Any officers can help me on this?
        If is a new region you have to decline and re-apply. I had to do the same. I just decline. I will re-apply as soon as the next announcement goes out.
        Last edited by Hulk_is_real; 03-04-2015, 11:30 AM.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Hulk_is_real View Post
          If is a new region you have to decline and re-apply. I had to do the same. I just decline. I will re-apply as soon as the next announcement goes out.
          if you reapply, do you have to go through whole process again ? including poly and BI? i guess at least it will be more easier?

          Comment


          • Originally posted by haoken View Post
            Hi all,

            Does anyone know how port swap or transfers? I applied to Northeast but did not realize that I should be applying for Central East for NYC. I received 'the call' for the Northeast region this morning but I have to call back the person to find out where I will be exactly. I don't know if I should just pass on the offer and wait for the 15-2 processing or just accept and go through FLETC and then port swap/transfer? Any officers can help me on this?
            I'm not a CBPO yet, but I heard the best thing to do is to accept an offer so your clock with CBP starts, then re-apply to the next announcement in hopes that you will be able to lateral transfer. Hopefully merlin will be able to chime in on this.

            Comment


            • For those of you playing Russian roulette and declining offers because you aren't given a POE of your liking, due so wisely. Make sure you have a good and honest reason to do so. A legitimate example would be that your 4 year old daughter has a condition that is only treatable at several specialized clinics in the U.S. and none of the POE's offered are driving distance. Heaven forbid anyone's child is in this situation but you catch my drift. You'll be submitted to a SPI again and a highly regret your outcome if one of the Supervisory Officers conducting the SPI questions your reasoning for not excepting an offer. Especially when applicants are getting a handful of locations offered lately. There is a good chance that one or both Supervisory Officers sitting in on your SPI where only offered one locations back when they were hired and it was una mierda de POE yet they stuck it out and got to where they are now. An excuse of not wanting to be too far from mommy and daddy, girlfriend Crystal didn't like any locations offered or you cant imagine being so far from your best bud Bubba aren't going to cut it. I know my Supervisors that volunteer to sit in on these interviews would have a field day with applicants turning down offers. Another thing to keep in mind if you are not a veteran, is that all these positions are getting swamped by veteran applicants that are now leaving the armed services. Eventually I'm pretty sure all of you declining offers will get hired but do you really want to take the chance of getting left out? All I'm stressing is make sure your reasoning to decline is legit and well thought out. Good luck to those in the process and stay safe.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by CZ_Kid View Post
                For those of you playing Russian roulette and declining offers because you aren't given a POE of your liking, due so wisely. Make sure you have a good and honest reason to do so. A legitimate example would be that your 4 year old daughter has a condition that is only treatable at several specialized clinics in the U.S. and none of the POE's offered are driving distance. Heaven forbid anyone's child is in this situation but you catch my drift. You'll be submitted to a SPI again and a highly regret your outcome if one of the Supervisory Officers conducting the SPI questions your reasoning for not excepting an offer. Especially when applicants are getting a handful of locations offered lately. There is a good chance that one or both Supervisory Officers sitting in on your SPI where only offered one locations back when they were hired and it was una mierda de POE yet they stuck it out and got to where they are now. An excuse of not wanting to be too far from mommy and daddy, girlfriend Crystal didn't like any locations offered or you cant imagine being so far from your best bud Bubba aren't going to cut it. I know my Supervisors that volunteer to sit in on these interviews would have a field day with applicants turning down offers. Another thing to keep in mind if you are not a veteran, is that all these positions are getting swamped by veteran applicants that are now leaving the armed services. Eventually I'm pretty sure all of you declining offers will get hired but do you really want to take the chance of getting left out? All I'm stressing is make sure your reasoning to decline is legit and well thought out. Good luck to those in the process and stay safe.
                How did you know my gf's name ????!!!! Do you know bubba ??? One hell of a guy... (Jk) Thnx for your honesty makes much sense...

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Hulk_is_real View Post
                  If is a new region you have to decline and re-apply. I had to do the same. I just decline. I will re-apply as soon as the next announcement goes out.
                  Wait u declined your offer ?


                  07/23/14 Applied to Central East Coast 14-2
                  09/21/14 Written exam
                  11/18/14 Notice of TS
                  11/21/14 TSL packet received
                  12/17/14 PFT1/MED PASSED
                  01/06/15 VBT/SI PASSED
                  02/25/15 poly (JFK) waiting for final results

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by abejjani View Post
                    How did you know my gf's name ????!!!! Do you know bubba ??? One hell of a guy... (Jk) Thnx for your honesty makes much sense...
                    Haha, we all know a Crystal and we all have a "Bubba" for a friend even if his real name is John or James. Good luck.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by haoken View Post
                      Hi all,

                      Does anyone know how port swap or transfers? I applied to Northeast but did not realize that I should be applying for Central East for NYC. I received 'the call' for the Northeast region this morning but I have to call back the person to find out where I will be exactly. I don't know if I should just pass on the offer and wait for the 15-2 processing or just accept and go through FLETC and then port swap/transfer? Any officers can help me on this?
                      Same thing happened to me brother. I will just take the job. I've been wanting this for way too long to play with it.

                      What ports did they offer you?

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Steph631_ View Post
                        Wait u waited all the way from jan. 15 till today to get the "bad news" that's extremely long. How did they notify you and dos they explain why ?


                        07/23/14 Applied to Central East Coast 14-2
                        09/21/14 Written exam
                        11/18/14 Notice of TS
                        11/21/14 TSL packet received
                        12/17/14 PFT1/MED PASSED
                        01/06/15 VBT/SI PASSED
                        02/25/15 poly (JFK) waiting for final results
                        Yeaup...waited awhile. I was notified via email. Initially all they stated was that I did not pass the requirements and that I was out. After I replied asking for specifics, they stated my examiner/Quality control most likely did not recommend I get a retake and that if I wanted the specific reasons I had to FOIA request all my poly paperwork. They provided a link to get my examination results via the FOIA process.

                        I would have to reapply on the next open announcement and start again.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by hercmull View Post
                          Yeaup...waited awhile. I was notified via email. Initially all they stated was that I did not pass the requirements and that I was out. After I replied asking for specifics, they stated my examiner/Quality control most likely did not recommend I get a retake and that if I wanted the specific reasons I had to FOIA request all my poly paperwork. They provided a link to get my examination results via the FOIA process.

                          I would have to reapply on the next open announcement and start again.
                          They are allowing you to reapply immediately? I thought one had to wait 3 years after failing the poly.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by hercmull View Post
                            Yeaup...waited awhile. I was notified via email. Initially all they stated was that I did not pass the requirements and that I was out. After I replied asking for specifics, they stated my examiner/Quality control most likely did not recommend I get a retake and that if I wanted the specific reasons I had to FOIA request all my poly paperwork. They provided a link to get my examination results via the FOIA process.

                            I would have to reapply on the next open announcement and start again.
                            Ouch that scares me (waited so long.)
                            They said you could reapply after a failed poly ???


                            07/23/14 Applied to Central East Coast 14-2
                            09/21/14 Written exam
                            11/18/14 Notice of TS
                            11/21/14 TSL packet received
                            12/17/14 PFT1/MED PASSED
                            01/06/15 VBT/SI PASSED
                            02/25/15 poly (JFK) waiting for final results

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by haoken View Post
                              Hi all,

                              Does anyone know how port swap or transfers? I applied to Northeast but did not realize that I should be applying for Central East for NYC. I received 'the call' for the Northeast region this morning but I have to call back the person to find out where I will be exactly. I don't know if I should just pass on the offer and wait for the 15-2 processing or just accept and go through FLETC and then port swap/transfer? Any officers can help me on this?

                              There's no one good answer to give. Generally, transfers and relocations don't happen easily and usually take years to happen...if at all.

                              If you're less flexible and require being at one or handful of ports to be happy, you're probably better off declining this offer and reapplying during a future announcement to the Geo. area you wish.

                              If you're more flexible, have few needs and less in need of a specific port/locale, maybe jumping on board now and getting the "foot in the door" now makes greater sense.

                              Now, getting a swap into JFK or Newark probably won't be all that difficult to pull off, depending on what location you're looking to swap out of. Still, you're probably looking at investing several years at your first port before arranging to move onward.

                              Comment


                              • I wasn't given a specific port because I haven't 'fully accepted' the offer but the general idea is upstate NY, Vermont, and Maine. I was given a deadline to respond by.
                                Last edited by haoken; 03-04-2015, 04:52 PM.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 7074 users online. 256 members and 6818 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X