300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gjose619 View Post
    It should be e-mailed to you. I just received mine via e-mail like 5 minutes ago.
    Yup! Just got mine too. Excited to get this pre employment stuff over with and start a new journey.
    Geo: West Coast
    Applicant Group: 13-1
    NOR: 10/28/13 85%
    TSL: 12/16/13
    PFT1/Medical: ~1/10/14
    eQIP completed: 2/13/14
    VBT/SI: 3/17/14
    eQIP to IA: 3/19/14
    Poly: 10/22/14 (inconclusive) / 12/4/14 (passed)
    Meet with BI: 12/19/14 - 01/07/15 (met him 3 times)
    Clear BI: 2/24/15
    Drug Test: 3/4/15
    The Call: 3/2/15
    PFT2: 3/18/15
    EOD: 3/30/15

Comment

• How long was your process?

Comment

• Originally posted by pinarsu View Post
        How long was your process?
        Redacted
        Last edited by M8541 Reaper; 03-04-2015, 10:09 AM. Reason: Because it isn't worth the effort anymore
        "Independent research, reading comprehension, & a firm grasp of reality saves lives."

Comment

• Congrats to everyone that got the call. My friend got the call yesterday and will be at Newark at the end of the month.

I hope all of those that have gotten the call are prepped for the PFT2. Far too many fail the PFT2 and the time spent (and tears, annoyance, heartache) was for nothing.

CBPO is a nice gig and much like any job/career, it's really what you make of it. I'm happy I was a CBPO, but it's not the place for me in the long run.

GOOD LUCK Y'ALL!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadowtrain View Post
            Congrats to everyone that got the call. My friend got the call yesterday and will be at Newark at the end of the month.

I hope all of those that have gotten the call are prepped for the PFT2. Far too many fail the PFT2 and the time spent (and tears, annoyance, heartache) was for nothing.

CBPO is a nice gig and much like any job/career, it's really what you make of it. I'm happy I was a CBPO, but it's not the place for me in the long run.

GOOD LUCK Y'ALL!!!
            Do you mind me asking why this job wasn't mean for you? Did you stay with an LE agency? Would love to hear your response

Comment

• If you accept job offer with CBP what is the minimum commitment with them?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hulk_is_real View Post
                If you accept job offer with CBP what is the minimum commitment with them?
                There is none.
                Conceivably, you could hire on at 08:00 on day one and quit as soon as you've finished with all the hiring paperwork and process.

Realistically, there can be/ are certain benefits to staying on until you've reached certain milestones within federal service, that is if you're planning on moving onward to another federal agency. Things like passing 1 year probation, Career status after 3 years and locking down GS-12 career level and pay.

Comment

• I never got any official notice that my background is turned in, but based on conversations with the BI, I think he finished it about 2 weeks ago. I got the call for my drug test today. I'm hoping that means I should see BI cleared pretty soon. I saw alot of people getting the call, congrats to everyone who made it.
                  Geo: Reapplied to El Paso under 15-2
                  Tested: 6/2/2014
                  NOR: 7/14/14 (98)
                  Tentative Select: 8/2/14
                  Medical: 8/26/14 green check 12/9/14
                  PFT1: 9/3/14 green check 9/11/14
                  VBT & SI: 9/24/14 green check 9/30/14
                  Polygraph: 12/9/14 passed, waiting on QC
                  Sit down with BI: 01/2015
                  Background finished: 02/2015
                  Background Cleared: CASS Referred for scheduling 3/5/2015
                  Drug Test: Scheduled for 3/5/2015
                  Provisional Clearance: 8/7/2015
                  The Call:
                  EOD:

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                    There is none.
                    Conceivably, you could hire on at 08:00 on day one and quit as soon as you've finished with all the hiring paperwork and process.

Realistically, there can be/ are certain benefits to staying on until you've reached certain milestones within federal service, that is if you're planning on moving onward to another federal agency. Things like passing 1 year probation, Career status after 3 years and locking down GS-12 career level and pay.
                    What if i dont like any of the ports? Is there any way to wait for better ones? Try to PM you but your inbox is full. Can you clear some space. Jeje
                    Last edited by Hulk_is_real; 03-04-2015, 05:29 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                      There is none.

Oops

Comment

• Originally posted by Hulk_is_real View Post
                        What if i dont like any of the ports? Is there any way to wait for better ones? Try to PM you but your inbox is full. Can you clear some space. Jeje
                        Space is cleared.

You can ask if there are other ports available. Maybe there is.

They're unlikely to let you wait. In all likelihood, your options are to accept what offered and live with it. Accept what's offered and risk being able to transfer elsewhere within a reasonable time frame (A long shot for many, although some people manage to make out well rolling the dice going this route). Decline and reapply during the next open announcement, which is likely to come about in April.

Comment

• Anybody knows how many persons dhs need to complete a fletc class?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Just got bad news...looks like I'm completely out. I was not offered a chance to retake my poly. No words can describe how disgusted and furious I am...How I "failed" the poly w/no chance to retest is completely ridiculous. This has been hands down the most unprofessional and bogus dealing I've had w/a fellow le agency. I'm a current fed leo w/all the bells and whistles as far as qualifications go (who also has taken yearly and multiple polys the past 5 years in a row)...I'm at a loss for words...

Comment

• Originally posted by hercmull View Post
                              Just got bad news...looks like I'm completely out. I was not offered a chance to retake my poly. No words can describe how disgusted and furious I am...How I "failed" the poly w/no chance to retest is completely ridiculous. This has been hands down the most unprofessional and bogus dealing I've had w/a fellow le agency. I'm a current fed leo w/all the bells and whistles as far as qualifications go (who also has taken yearly and multiple polys the past 5 years in a row)...I'm at a loss for words...
                              Why did you fail? What was the reason given to you ?

Comment

• Originally posted by hercmull View Post
                                Just got bad news...looks like I'm completely out. I was not offered a chance to retake my poly. No words can describe how disgusted and furious I am...How I "failed" the poly w/no chance to retest is completely ridiculous. This has been hands down the most unprofessional and bogus dealing I've had w/a fellow le agency. I'm a current fed leo w/all the bells and whistles as far as qualifications go (who also has taken yearly and multiple polys the past 5 years in a row)...I'm at a loss for words...
                                Wait u waited all the way from jan. 15 till today to get the "bad news" that's extremely long. How did they notify you and dos they explain why ?

07/23/14 Applied to Central East Coast 14-2
                                09/21/14 Written exam
                                11/18/14 Notice of TS
                                11/21/14 TSL packet received
                                12/17/14 PFT1/MED PASSED
                                01/06/15 VBT/SI PASSED
                                02/25/15 poly (JFK) waiting for final results

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7785 users online. 408 members and 7377 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X