Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by pinarsu View Post
    Also what are the requirements for PT2?
    I know that your question has already been answered, but I have a question for you:

    Why are you so lazy? Seriously. Are you not able to actually go onto the website of the agency that you applied to (or are thinking of applying to) and research what the standards are?

    This is what is wrong with the applicant pool and (ultimately) why out of 12,000 only 100 (or so) are actually hired.
    "Independent research, reading comprehension, & a firm grasp of reality saves lives."

    Comment


    • Wow 13-1 applicants just scheduling their poly's, then I suppose I am taking mine next year... besides FL and the Caribbean is one if not the slowest region ughhhh

      Comment


      • Originally posted by borrada View Post
        OMG!! Sorry to hear that. This is sooooo FRUSTRATING!!!
        Get used to it.

        Until there's a permanent solution we all will be bounced about like basketballs. Applicants as much as anybody else.

        Comment


        • Do you get to choose where do you wanna take the poly or do they assign an office for you?

          Comment


          • Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
            Get used to it.

            Until there's a permanent solution we all will be bounced about like basketballs. Applicants as much as anybody else.
            Of course.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Pastelon View Post
              Do you get to choose where do you wanna take the poly or do they assign an office for you?
              On your application, there is a section that allows you to choose location. However, I chose a certain location for my poly but was given another one. The poly scheduling unit gave me certain dates with different locations.. I chose the closest date available...

              Comment


              • I don't even remember where did I choose... hopefully they travel to Puerto Rico for the poly...

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Pastelon View Post
                  I don't even remember where did I choose... hopefully they travel to Puerto Rico for the poly...
                  Don't worry, they do but not as often as on the mainland. They will give the exam at either Luis Muños airport or the Coast Guard/CBP "Pink Building" en Viejo San Juan. You don't get to pick, they choose for you. Cancelations in PR happen often though and the process is a bit slower. Good luck.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by CZ_Kid View Post
                    Don't worry, they do but not as often as on the mainland. They will give the exam at either Luis Muños airport or the Coast Guard/CBP "Pink Building" en Viejo San Juan. You don't get to pick, they choose for you. Cancelations in PR happen often though and the process is a bit slower. Good luck.
                    Thank you, do you work for CBP? Just wondering

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by M8541 Reaper View Post
                      I know that your question has already been answered, but I have a question for you:

                      Why are you so lazy? Seriously. Are you not able to actually go onto the website of the agency that you applied to (or are thinking of applying to) and research what the standards are?

                      This is what is wrong with the applicant pool and (ultimately) why out of 12,000 only 100 (or so) are actually hired.
                      I generally try to "kill 'em with kindness," but when I saw your post I found myself thinking...."right on!"

                      In the real world it is generally a good idea to know as much about the agency or company you are working for because more often than not they will ask you questions regarding why you want to work for them during an interview. I think it would be best to know as many specifics as possible before hand to be prepared.

                      With this, we are applying to be officers who have to INVESTIGATE. If you can't figure out how to find that info (in plain sight), you are in trouble in this line of work.
                      Florida/Caribbean 14-2 -- GS-07

                      07/14 Applied to Florida/Caribbean 14-2
                      08/14 Notified: qualification to take exam
                      09/13/14 Written exam
                      10/31/14 NOR 100 (No Vet Points)
                      1/9/15 Notice of TS / Grade:GS-07
                      2/4/15 Physical Exam and PFT1 PASSED
                      2/6/15 Background Released to IA
                      2/18/15 VBT/SI (Tampa) PASSED
                      4/14/15 Polygraph (Tampa)
                      4/30/15 Notified of unsuitable polygraph and removed from consideration

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Mike924 View Post
                        I generally try to "kill 'em with kindness,"
                        You won't find sympathy for the lazy and/or unprepared here.

                        It disgusts me when an applicant or coworker doesn't (or won't) take the initiative to find the most basic of information. Worse than that are those who don't utilize their knowledge to prepare themselves for completing the simplest of tasks.

                        We all know most applicants like this won't make it to an academy, but unfortunately there is always that 10%.

                        (Holding someone's hand isn't the same as teamwork)
                        "Independent research, reading comprehension, & a firm grasp of reality saves lives."

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by M8541 Reaper View Post
                          (Holding someone's hand isn't the same as teamwork)
                          Totally agree. I try to be as nice as possible, but blatant laziness or stupidity is never acceptable.
                          Florida/Caribbean 14-2 -- GS-07

                          07/14 Applied to Florida/Caribbean 14-2
                          08/14 Notified: qualification to take exam
                          09/13/14 Written exam
                          10/31/14 NOR 100 (No Vet Points)
                          1/9/15 Notice of TS / Grade:GS-07
                          2/4/15 Physical Exam and PFT1 PASSED
                          2/6/15 Background Released to IA
                          2/18/15 VBT/SI (Tampa) PASSED
                          4/14/15 Polygraph (Tampa)
                          4/30/15 Notified of unsuitable polygraph and removed from consideration

                          Comment


                          • So this DHS shutdown is inminent... More waiting for us :/ hope they can fix that prob asap!!!


                            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                            Comment


                            • Does anyone know if failing the poly for cbpo affect you from applying for any other cbp job. Like cbp inspector, cbp agriculture and stuff like that

                              Comment


                              • Hello. Looks like CBP are hiring for a "Technician" position. This is definitely not a LE role, but seems like it may be a decent entry-level opportunity. The posting emphasizes clerical duties which is disconcerting. Would this job provide any relevant experience for a greater role in CBP, or is it kind of a dead end? Thanks for any insight.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 4036 users online. 202 members and 3834 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X