300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by M8541 Reaper View Post
    Same as a lot of things that shouldn't be out in open source locations.

So the trained professional who gets paid to interpret, operate, administer, and report the test's results and his findings (to QC) told you something? That's nice. Did you receive your DQ letter yet? If not, then pipe down. ...Either that or go spend your time on Antipolygraph.org.

At the end of the day it is like the prison joke "I didn't do it/I'm innocent." Everyone is always 100% honest on the poly but yet they failed because they weren't liked by the polygrapher, the polygrapher had it out for them, they were too nervous, etc.

Best of luck.
    I agree with most of what you said. With my LEO experiences of EVERYONE lying to me ALL OF THE TIME, I know that a lot of the people who fail a poly fail because they were not truthful 100%.

But you must acknowledge as well that there are also instances where failures occur because of other reasons or circumstances. I have had 3 polys in 3 years, with a 66% pass rate. Each was extremely similar. Each one I gave the same answers. Just something didn't work out on the 3rd one. I personally believe that my failure was due to not getting enough sleep. I had a 4 month old baby at home at the time. And, they don't offer retests where I had it done, so it might have gone down as inconclusive here.

I do hope that with the admin and QC both looking at the results, you do only get a fail if it blatantly looks like you were lying or hiding something. Not the breathing issues, moving, thinking, nerves etc.
    Florida/Caribbean 14-2 -- GS-07

07/14 Applied to Florida/Caribbean 14-2
    08/14 Notified: qualification to take exam
    09/13/14 Written exam
    10/31/14 NOR 100 (No Vet Points)
    1/9/15 Notice of TS / Grade:GS-07
    2/4/15 Physical Exam and PFT1 PASSED
    2/6/15 Background Released to IA
    2/18/15 VBT/SI (Tampa) PASSED
    4/14/15 Polygraph (Tampa)
    4/30/15 Notified of unsuitable polygraph and removed from consideration

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike924 View Post
      But you must acknowledge as well that there are also instances where failures occur because of other reasons or circumstances.
      Oh I agree that everything in life has a buffer zone for error and that nothing is perfect. The "10% Rule" applies to everything in life.

In terms of a poly, I'm sure some people have had their results misinterpreted since 1921 (when the device was created). That's why there is a Quality Control group that analyzes and interprets the results. Out of the hundreds that pass every year and are hired into the federal government, a small percentage will not due to the 10% rule. At the same time, out of those recently hired individuals, some bad apples will make it through (the 10% rule's counterpart). We've all worked with these people before and we've all known great applicants that didn't make it. As time and technology progresses, so does accuracy.

At the end of the day, most people are quick to blame others and/or unique situations without first looking inward and at the big picture. This is why the internet is filled with applicants (and websites) that are opposed to the poly being part of the process.

While no one should enjoy taking a poly, everyone should appreciate and understand its role in the process. Get in, be honest, do what you are supposed to do, and drive home with a clear conscience.

Until you receive a DQ letter from your agency, you DIDN'T FAIL.
      "Independent research, reading comprehension, & a firm grasp of reality saves lives."

Comment

• Originally posted by M8541 Reaper View Post
        Same as a lot of things that shouldn't be out in open source locations.

So the trained professional who gets paid to interpret, operate, administer, and report the test's results and his findings (to QC) told you something? That's nice. Did you receive your DQ letter yet? If not, then pipe down. ...Either that or go spend your time on Antipolygraph.org.

At the end of the day it is like the prison joke "I didn't do it/I'm innocent." Everyone is always 100% honest on the poly but yet they failed because they weren't liked by the polygrapher, the polygrapher had it out for them, they were too nervous, etc.

Best of luck.
        You and I both know that with a %65 fail rate, not everyone could possibly be a liar. It is statistically impossible to get that far into the process and have 7/10 applicants decide they want to be untruthful suddenly.

When I took my graduate class on investigative theory and practice we had an ex polygraph examiner come in for a few days and go over the process, techniques, etc. One of the things that we were taught and shown was how easy it was to pass or fail a poly at will. Now, with that said, how is it ethically sound for IA to rely on such an instrument for hiring purposes?

I'm done debating the efficacy of the poly with an insider. What I will say is that I have spent the past decade investigating criminal cases and determining whether or not individuals are truthful. It is my job to be a human lie detector. And you know what? I'm batting somewhere in the 900's without the help of a blood pressure cuff. The folks over at IA typically have 15+ years in the field. It is comical to think they would need a machine to make such determinations. You know why they use it? It is the PC way to thin the herd without risking a lawsuit.

That's all I have left to say about this subject. For those of you who have recently failed, stay truthful and good things will come.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ms. Officer View Post
          Steph631, I don't know what I'm doing with that PM thing, lol

Hulk_is_real, we shall see. Thanks
          Any official news on UR results yet

07/23/14 Applied to Central East Coast 14-2
          09/21/14 Written exam
          11/18/14 Notice of TS
          11/21/14 TSL packet received
          12/17/14 PFT1/MED
          01/06/15 VBT/SI
          02/25/15 poly (@ JFK)

Comment

• Well guys today I failed my VBT by the looks of it (Didn't receive the structured interview afterwards). I thought I responded to the scenes to the best of my abilities. But I guess you can't win them all. Good thing I didn't decline corrections lol. On to the next law enforcement job. Good luck to all of you guys!!! God bless.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nyy View Post
              Well guys today I failed my VBT by the looks of it (Didn't receive the structured interview afterwards). I thought I responded to the scenes to the best of my abilities. But I guess you can't win them all. Good thing I didn't decline corrections lol. On to the next law enforcement job. Good luck to all of you guys!!! God bless.
              Lucky u with a plan b to Lean on lol. Corrections here u come lol

09/21/14 Written exam
              11/18/14 Notice of TS
              12/17/14 PFT1/MED
              01/06/15 VBT/SI
              02/25/15 poly (@ JFK)

Comment

• Originally posted by Steph631_ View Post
                Lucky u with a plan b to Lean on lol. Corrections here u come lol

09/21/14 Written exam
                11/18/14 Notice of TS
                12/17/14 PFT1/MED
                01/06/15 VBT/SI
                02/25/15 poly (@ JFK)
                I was told I failed mine. Owell, I start with BoP next week an hour from where I'm from so it all worked out.

Comment

Well guys today I failed my VBT by the looks of it (Didn't receive the structured interview afterwards). I thought I responded to the scenes to the best of my abilities. But I guess you can't win them all. Good thing I didn't decline corrections lol. On to the next law enforcement job. Good luck to all of you guys!!! God bless.
                  Good luck. Keep at it. Good news is they are ALWAYS looking for corrections officers. You should be good to go in that hiring process if you made it to this stage with CBP.

09/13/14 Written exam

Comment

Good luck. Keep at it. Good news is they are ALWAYS looking for corrections officers. You should be good to go in that hiring process if you made it to this stage with CBP.
                    Lol I'm actually starting the academy next week March 5th

Comment

Lol I'm actually starting the academy next week March 5th
                      Where?

09/13/14 Written exam

Comment

Where?
                        NYC... Good ol' rikers island lol. Academy is 16 weeks. So I have sometime before I get there.

Comment

NYC... Good ol' rikers island lol. Academy is 16 weeks. So I have sometime before I get there.
                          Sweet, when I was in the Army Reserves at Fort Totten, 2 of the people in my unit were corrections working at Rikers. They liked it. Stressful job, but if you have the right attitude in there, you will get respect and it will be easier.

GOOD LUCK and enjoy the academy.

09/13/14 Written exam

Comment

• Thanks I appreciate that. Funny you mention that, I actually recently deployed with a couple of chem guys from fort totten.

Comment

When not receiving an SI after the VBT, is that an indication of a guaranteed failure? I took my VBT today and there was no SI afterwards for half of us. I don't know what happened with the other half as I was dismissed prior to their VBT being finalized.

Comment

• pinarsu your inbox is full, I can't reply.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7542 users online. 401 members and 7141 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X