300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NYJRM10 View Post
    If he asked if you would come back for a retest then your findings will most likely be inconclusive not a fail. The whole "turn and face you, I know your holding something back" procedure is standard for IA poly's. In fact, it is done on EVERY single poly. I got the whole "Ok, so you failed, is there anything you are not telling me" speech. Of coarse I was honest. No offense, but who would lie to get a $50k annual gig?? Anyway, wait for QC man and hope for the best.
    I'm on the same boat. He wanted me to say something in regards to I was hiding something on my application. I was truthful, and that's why it hurts me a lot, because I was, I have NEVER done anything wrong in my life.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steph631_ View Post
      Makes me feel a lot better o didn't know everyone got that speech.

07/23/14 Applied to Central East Coast 14-2
      09/21/14 Written exam
      11/18/14 Notice of TS
      11/21/14 TSL packet received
      12/17/14 PFT1/MED
      01/06/15 VBT/SI
      02/25/15 poly (@ JFK)
      Yea, after I "failed", I got a crash course in IA procedure from a friend who works within DHS.

Comment

The whole "turn and face you, I know your holding something back" procedure is standard for IA poly's. In fact, it is done on EVERY single poly. I got the whole "Ok, so you failed, is there anything you are not telling me" speech.
        So much for that NDA huh?

As for this:

"No offense, but who would lie to get a $50k annual gig??"

A lot of people but that isn't the point.

The fact is that 1). you are applying for a national security position and 2). they need to see if an applicant is willing to be completely open and honest. If you can't be 100% honest about your past and current behaviors during (what is essentially) confession, then why should they take the risk in hiring someone that may cause issues for the agency years down the line?

Those of you who have held (and actually needed) high-level clearances before understand why integrity and honesty is important. Sure the poly sucks. But at the end of the day, you don't "fail" for breathing, twitching, or thinking about ice cream and rainbows.

Trained professionals operate the equipment and administer the test. Their findings go to QC. QC makes the final decision. Apply the golden rule of "no news is good news" until you receive a DQ letter.
        "Independent research, reading comprehension, & a firm grasp of reality saves lives."

Comment

• Originally posted by Steph631_ View Post
          Guys according to my examiner I failed for the infamous drugs.
          oh no! it was "failed?" wow i really hope QC kicks it back for you. that is a portion i failed on my last polygraph. ugh it's so frustrating. if you took it on another day it would probably come up fine too. sucks
          Florida/Caribbean 14-2 -- GS-07

07/14 Applied to Florida/Caribbean 14-2
          08/14 Notified: qualification to take exam
          09/13/14 Written exam
          10/31/14 NOR 100 (No Vet Points)
          1/9/15 Notice of TS / Grade:GS-07
          2/4/15 Physical Exam and PFT1 PASSED
          2/6/15 Background Released to IA
          2/18/15 VBT/SI (Tampa) PASSED
          4/14/15 Polygraph (Tampa)
          4/30/15 Notified of unsuitable polygraph and removed from consideration

Comment

• Originally posted by jaybous View Post
            Just curious, is there any 14-1 folks on here? Haven't been on in awhile. How's your process going?
            14-1 appl. here, took the poly on feb. 2 and passed, met BI on feb. 10.
            Last edited by Ace123; 02-25-2015, 04:44 PM.

Comment

• Omg wt..wait for QC to make the final determination..

Originally posted by Steph631_ View Post
              Guys according to my examiner I failed for the infamous drugs.

09/21/14 Written exam
              11/18/14 Notice of TS
              12/17/14 PFT1/MED
              01/06/15 VBT/SI
              02/25/15 poly (@ JFK)

Comment

• Originally posted by Mk_23 View Post
                Omg wt..wait for QC to make the final determination..
                Will do. Sucks

09/21/14 Written exam
                11/18/14 Notice of TS
                12/17/14 PFT1/MED
                01/06/15 VBT/SI
                02/25/15 poly (@ JFK)

Comment

• Does QC email or regular mail results ?

09/21/14 Written exam
                  11/18/14 Notice of TS
                  12/17/14 PFT1/MED
                  01/06/15 VBT/SI
                  02/25/15 poly (@ JFK)

Comment

• 14-1 applicant here from NY..met with BI last week he finished talking to my sup and coworkers plus my neighbors he has one more person to interview and then he should be submitting the paperwork..keeping my fingers crossed

Originally posted by jaybous View Post
                    Just curious, is there any 14-1 folks on here? Haven't been on in awhile. How's your process going?

Comment

• Took the poly today. Also got the "you failed" results according to the examiner. I also got the speech that I was lying about something and asked if I would take a retest.
                      Geo Central East Coast
                      CBPO Exam 9/20/2013
                      NOR 10/24/13
                      TSL 12/18/13
                      Medical/PFT1 1/27/14
                      VBT/SI 5/8/14
                      eQIP received 9/19/14
                      eQIP submitted 9/24/14
                      Fingerprints submitted 9/25/14
                      Case in security office 10/17/14

Comment

• Originally posted by isnabero View Post
                        Took the poly today. Also got the "you failed" results according to the examiner. I also got the speech that I was lying about something and asked if I would take a retest.
                        at least you will get a second chance. so hopefully they are just playing games with you...and you are pretty much good to go after the next one. just keep thinking of it like that!
                        Florida/Caribbean 14-2 -- GS-07

07/14 Applied to Florida/Caribbean 14-2
                        08/14 Notified: qualification to take exam
                        09/13/14 Written exam
                        10/31/14 NOR 100 (No Vet Points)
                        1/9/15 Notice of TS / Grade:GS-07
                        2/4/15 Physical Exam and PFT1 PASSED
                        2/6/15 Background Released to IA
                        2/18/15 VBT/SI (Tampa) PASSED
                        4/14/15 Polygraph (Tampa)
                        4/30/15 Notified of unsuitable polygraph and removed from consideration

Comment

• Originally posted by M8541 Reaper View Post
                          So much for that NDA huh?

As for this:

"No offense, but who would lie to get a $50k annual gig??"

A lot of people but that isn't the point.

The fact is that 1). you are applying for a national security position and 2). they need to see if an applicant is willing to be completely open and honest. If you can't be 100% honest about your past and current behaviors during (what is essentially) confession, then why should they take the risk in hiring someone that may cause issues for the agency years down the line?

Those of you who have held (and actually needed) high-level clearances before understand why integrity and honesty is important. Sure the poly sucks. But at the end of the day, you don't "fail" for breathing, twitching, or thinking about ice cream and rainbows.

Trained professionals operate the equipment and administer the test. Their findings go to QC. QC makes the final decision. Apply the golden rule of "no news is good news" until you receive a DQ letter.
                          First, I NEVER signed any NDA.
                          Secondly, the IA poly examiner handbook is easily found on Google with all procedures.............
                          Lastly, I "failed" because my examiner PERSONALLY felt I was not qualified NOT the machine.

Comment

• Originally posted by isnabero View Post
                            Took the poly today. Also got the "you failed" results according to the examiner. I also got the speech that I was lying about something and asked if I would take a retest.
                            Wow, sorry! Keep your head up and wait on that retest.

Comment

First, I NEVER signed any NDA.
                              Secondly, the IA poly examiner handbook is easily found on Google with all procedures.............
                              Lastly, I "failed" because my examiner PERSONALLY felt I was not qualified NOT the machine.
                              Same as a lot of things that shouldn't be out in open source locations.

So the trained professional who gets paid to interpret, operate, administer, and report the test's results and his findings (to QC) told you something? That's nice. Did you receive your DQ letter yet? If not, then pipe down. ...Either that or go spend your time on Antipolygraph.org.

At the end of the day it is like the prison joke "I didn't do it/I'm innocent." Everyone is always 100% honest on the poly but yet they failed because they weren't liked by the polygrapher, the polygrapher had it out for them, they were too nervous, etc.

Best of luck.
                              "Independent research, reading comprehension, & a firm grasp of reality saves lives."

Comment

• Originally posted by jaybous View Post
                                Still waiting bro'

14-1 applicant
                                Geo- east texas
                                7/14/2014 NOR- passed 84
                                7/22/2014 Referral letter
                                8/1/14 notice of TSL
                                8/7/14 TSL packet received
                                8/12/14 Noticce of Tentatively selected
                                8/22/14 scheduled for VBT/SI
                                9/26/14 VBT/SI "eligible"
                                11/18/14 scheuled polygraph
                                12/11/14 polygraph passed!!
                                12/17/14 drug test
                                12/22/14 drug test passed
                                12/25/14 referred to schedule EOD
                                2/12/13 background check fully cleared

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5431 users online. 272 members and 5159 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X