Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
    Sure have.

If we're scoring the " how in the hell" question, I've asked that question a lot, in a whole bunch of circumstances. To include asking about more than a few applicants. If you think the dregs of the CBP Officer pool is bad, you ought to read up on some of the applicants who've posted on here.
    YEAH! ... Hey,... Wait (*silently wonders if he's talking about me, and if not who???*) :-)
    SM3

CBPO

14-2
    Geo: Central East Coast, United States
    Grade: GS-7
    CBPO Exam: 9/16/2014
    NOR: 10/31/2014 - 110 (with Veteran's points)
    TSL: 11/18/2014
    Medical/PFT 1: 12/17/2014
    01/06/15 VBT/SI
    01/07/15 NOR for SI found "eligible"
    03/06/15 Poly- Scheduled

Good luck to everyone, this is not easy. I know good people that have not made it through the process. Let's all do our best to support and help each other through the process. I hope we all make it!

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
      Alright.

Then it's basically 20 years of 12D coverage calculated at 1.7% per year plus any additional years at 1%. High three is calculated adding base pay to overtime earned, up to 50% of the current cap, which is, at the moment, 35K...so 17.5K of overtime. Most CBPOs fall considerably short of that amount.

Most new hires will be forced out at age 57.

Retirement is very much an individual event driven by individual facts and circumstance. If somebody is really that interested in getting anything outside of ballpark figures I'd suggest getting in touch with the HR people who specialize in retirement knowledge.
      Cool, thanks,... but is there a contribution toward that 1.7% retirement amount that comes out of your check (a mandatory retirement deduction from your pay)? Thanks again.
      SM3

CBPO

14-2
      01/06/15 VBT/SI
      03/06/15 Poly- Scheduled

Good luck to everyone, this is not easy. I know good people that have not made it through the process. Let's all do our best to support and help each other through the process. I hope we all make it!

Comment

• Originally posted by edoc118 View Post
        Got an email to schedule my polygraph today. I have my VBT/SI next Thursday. Just hoping I pass the polygraph, considering the witchcraft involved.
        Good luck. VBT/SI isn't as bad as it seems. Don't stress that. Now poly I'm stressing over. Mine is Wednesday.

07/23/14 Applied to Central East Coast 14-2
        09/21/14 Written exam
        11/18/14 Notice of TS
        11/21/14 TSL packet received
        12/17/14 PFT1/MED
        01/06/15 VBT/SI
        02/25/15 poly (@ JFK)

Comment

• Originally posted by SM3 View Post
          No, but prior MIl and deal w/ VA. I noted that several in 14-2 have stated their medical is cleared and mine is still lingering long after theirs has cleared. I assume I'm going to have similar issues :-( Thanks for sharing this though, so at least I may have an idea of what's ahead. Good luck.
          Have they told you why yours didn't clear? Mine hasn't cleared either, but I haven't heard a peep from MHC
          14-2 - West Coast geo
          9/6/14: Written Test
          10/31/14: NOR - Passed (98)
          11/18/14: TSL
          12/7/14: e-QIP submitted
          12/15/14: Med/PFT-1
          1/14/14: VBT/SI

Comment

Steph- how many times do you need told,... YOU ARE A GIRL :-P
            Lol fine fine

09/21/14 Written exam
            11/18/14 Notice of TS
            12/17/14 PFT1/MED
            01/06/15 VBT/SI
            02/25/15 poly (@ JFK)

Comment

• based on many peoples timeline, is it fair to say if i passed med/pt1 in late jan/early feb, ill get a VBT date shortly?

Comment

RIGHT NOW, THE JOB MARKET IS NOT GREAT. THAT ALLOWS FEDERAL AGENCIES TO BE MORE SELECTIVE....and we should know that they aren't taking 12000 people per posting...but I don't get all the belly aching (from lots of people) about the process. Asking to know is one thing, but people complaining (repeatedly and frequently) is another. Everyone is free to withdraw their app. if unhappy, and leave room for the rest of us.
                Exactly.

As U.S. Citizens, we should expect our Federal Law Enforcement Agencies to be as selective as they want to be. If it means harder entrance exams, BI's, and/or PFTs/Academies, then so be it. Those who are most qualified will make it through and can be proud of their process, position, and agency at the end of the day. However there will always be that 10%... of those who slipped through the cracks.
                "Independent research, reading comprehension, & a firm grasp of reality saves lives."

Comment

• Originally posted by rwong013 View Post
                  Have they told you why yours didn't clear? Mine hasn't cleared either, but I haven't heard a peep from MHC
                  Nope, it hasn't gone green, and I haven't heard a peep. I gave them a huge stack of paper work though. I covered everything, the only thing they could ask for is a reeval, but like someone else said, if you can pass the PFT's how bad can you be?
                  SM3

CBPO

14-2
                  01/06/15 VBT/SI
                  03/06/15 Poly- Scheduled

Comment

• Originally posted by dwl109 View Post
                    based on many peoples timeline, is it fair to say if i passed med/pt1 in late jan/early feb, ill get a VBT date shortly?
                    It will depend on your region and other factors.
                    SM3

CBPO

14-2
                    01/06/15 VBT/SI
                    03/06/15 Poly- Scheduled

Comment

• yes.. 13-1. I emailed my BI and he said when it's in IA there's no telling when they'll schedule your poly. I'm in NJ.. took vbt and passed..

Comment

• Originally posted by M8541 Reaper View Post
                        Exactly.

As U.S. Citizens, we should expect our Federal Law Enforcement Agencies to be as selective as they want to be. If it means harder entrance exams, BI's, and/or PFTs/Academies, then so be it. Those who are most qualified will make it through and can be proud of their process, position, and agency at the end of the day. However there will always be that 10%... of those who slipped through the cracks.
                        Last edited by NYJRM10; 02-21-2015, 06:44 PM.

Comment

• Whoops...double post.
                          Last edited by merlin436; 02-21-2015, 07:32 PM.

Comment

Wow, one of your friends must be hanging on by a thread after getting into so much trouble. If your friends have a minimum of 7 years experience how is one of them still only a GS-10. Also, I thought CBPO's went 5, 7, 9, 11, 12. How did one get GS-10? (That's a serious question, even if in writing it sounds sarcastic, I'd like to know if there is a current or grandfathered process that a CBPO can be a GS-10 as I want to make sure I don't have to go through any extra steps I wasn't planning on).
                            I wouldn't put much worry into the notion of a GS-10 CBPO. Maybe there is some obscure appointment or reinstatement process that allows for a GS-10 CBPO. Maybe. If there is, I seriously doubt that it affects more than a handful of CBPOs each year.

Comment

• Guys I have a question. I just realized that I applied for Northeast region instead of Central East for NY/NJ area. I'm quite upset.

Would this push me back? should I wait until after the Poly to change it? Who do I call?

What states fall under Northeast anyways?
                              Help.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pisan917 View Post
                                Guys I have a question. I just realized that I applied for Northeast region instead of Central East for NY/NJ area. I'm quite upset.

Would this push me back? should I wait until after the Poly to change it? Who do I call?

What states fall under Northeast anyways?
                                Help.
                                Northwest/Northern Border

States of: Washington, Idaho, Montana, North Dakota, Minnesota

09/21/14 Written exam
                                11/18/14 Notice of TS
                                12/17/14 PFT1/MED
                                01/06/15 VBT/SI
                                02/25/15 poly (@ JFK)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5138 users online. 276 members and 4862 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X