300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NYJRM10 View Post
    Scroll to the "Testing" section. There are plenty of threads titled "Poly" that go over this.

And you are correct, a finding of "inconclusive" would be the determination of QC. That is why I stated "retest" not "passed".
    Gotcha. Could u send me the link to that section I can't seem to find it. Thanks. [emoji5]️

07/23/14 Applied to Central East Coast 14-2
    09/21/14 Written exam
    11/18/14 Notice of TS
    11/21/14 TSL packet received
    12/17/14 PFT1/MED
    01/06/15 VBT/SI
    02/25/15 poly (@ JFK)

Comment

• Don't think i can post links here but when you are on the CBP thread, on the left hand side click "Start Reading". Then, all of the sub categories open up including the testing section.

Comment

• 13-1 applicant here. Things are moving for me again! I am scheduled for a polygraph next month and I am looking forward to it!

As for the background, my case has been "in the security office" since last fall. Is that most likely because I haven't taken/passed the poly yet? Can I expect progress of my background investigation after the polygraph?

Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by borrada View Post
          In those terms you are right. What I meant was that no test can deem the person you really are... Since they almost never believe the honest truth and so many people fail because of it.. Excuse the confusion..
          No worries. Ultimately there is no real way to judge someone's character unless you've interpersonally interacted with them over a period of time. While Investigators cant do this, they know that you aren't going to list references on your forms that will provide negative feedback regarding your character. At the end of the day, an SF-86/Poly is really just a check-in-the-box way of allowing investigators to quickly identify patterns and/or immediate DQ issues.

Past incidents are a great indication of future behaviors. Being 100% open, honest, and focused on the task at hand is the only way to present yourself when you are taking the test. As long as you do that, you can hold your head high and know that you did all you can do on your end. That's what really matters at the end of the day. Everyone has skeletons in the closet...it is just a matter of putting em on the table. If you're driving home and you start questioning yourself about your answers, then you weren't 100% open. ...However if you are driving home and ask yourself if "you want to build a snowman" then you obviously live in the wrong part of the country haha.

Good luck to everyone!
          "Independent research, reading comprehension, & a firm grasp of reality saves lives."

Comment

• Originally posted by RGB28 View Post
            13-1 applicant here. Things are moving for me again! I am scheduled for a polygraph next month and I am looking forward to it!

As for the background, my case has been "in the security office" since last fall. Is that most likely because I haven't taken/passed the poly yet? Can I expect progress of my background investigation after the polygraph?

Thanks!
            What region are you ? 13-1 here too and seems you are ahead of me... Haven't scheduled poly yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by abejjani View Post
              What region are you ? 13-1 here too and seems you are ahead of me... Haven't scheduled poly yet.
              Hello! My region is Northwest/Northern Border. I've only seen a few from this region on here....

Comment

• Originally posted by RGB28 View Post
                Hello! My region is Northwest/Northern Border. I've only seen a few from this region on here....
                I am from northeast.

Comment

• Originally posted by M8541 Reaper View Post
                  No worries. Ultimately there is no real way to judge someone's character unless you've interpersonally interacted with them over a period of time. While Investigators cant do this, they know that you aren't going to list references on your forms that will provide negative feedback regarding your character. At the end of the day, an SF-86/Poly is really just a check-in-the-box way of allowing investigators to quickly identify patterns and/or immediate DQ issues.

Past incidents are a great indication of future behaviors. Being 100% open, honest, and focused on the task at hand is the only way to present yourself when you are taking the test. As long as you do that, you can hold your head high and know that you did all you can do on your end. That's what really matters at the end of the day. Everyone has skeletons in the closet...it is just a matter of putting em on the table. If you're driving home and you start questioning yourself about your answers, then you weren't 100% open. ...However if you are driving home and ask yourself if "you want to build a snowman" then you obviously live in the wrong part of the country haha.

Good luck to everyone!
                  I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this forum!!! Thanks!!

Comment

• Originally posted by MIRACLE View Post
                    Not many actually. I personally know 5 current CBPO age range from 32-48 with experience of 7-18 years and ive showed them and asked how they would do on the written exam and they all said horrible after looking at the study guide and prectice test and all 0f them are GS10-GS12. My best friends father is a supervisor with 18 years experience and he sais after 9/11 its only gotten more and more harder for people to get on with both CBP and BP as they continue to make the hiriring process more difficult and longer each year.
                    There are 22,775 CBPOs, give or take. You say you know five.

From that you've judge that not many would pass the pre-employment process. Ahh..O.K.

And if you know of a GS-10 CBPO...consider yourself fortunate. It's a grade that more or less doesn't exist as a CBPO. I'm not saying there is not and never has been a GS-10 CBPO...but when there is one...he's a rare oddity.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post

From that you've judge that not many would pass the pre-employment process. Ahh..O.K.

And if you know of a GS-10 CBPO...consider yourself fortunate. It's a grade that more or less doesn't exist as a CBPO. I'm not saying there is not and never has been a GS-10 CBPO...but when there is one...he's a rare oddity.
                      Why is the gs10 rare ?

Comment

Why is the gs10 rare ?
                        It jumps from GS5,7,9,11,12

07/23/14 Applied to Central East Coast 14-2
                        09/21/14 Written exam
                        11/18/14 Notice of TS
                        11/21/14 TSL packet received
                        12/17/14 PFT1/MED
                        01/06/15 VBT/SI
                        02/25/15 poly (@ JFK)

Comment

• I think you missed the point but, ok.

Originally posted by merlin436 View Post

Comment

• Originally posted by MIRACLE View Post
                            I think you missed the point but, ok.

Alright. What exactly is the point?

Arguably, current Border Patrol hiring /academy standards are less strict than at anytime in modern history.

As far as OFO's standards go, I'd say it's up in the air. Previous academies (especially the legacy ones) were far more intensive in terms of their specific academics and while they've tightened up on some of pre employment processes, they're slso hiring hundreds and thousands of additional people over the years in comparison to pre-911 hiring. Some stricter standards but greater hiring...probably cancels out any overall disadvantages.

As far as current CBPOs go I have no doubt that the majority would meet current hiring standards. .if such standards were applicable to them.

Comment

I'm also 13-1 applicant and I have my structured interview next week. I'm in the central east region.

Comment

• Why would applicants OR agencies would want lower/relaxed hiring standards/practices ?

Thousands apply every year to various LE vacancies. Of those thousands, only a few hundred are actually qualified and of those few hundred, even less are actually hired. Why would one want to join an agency where they lower standards? Sure it would be easy (easier) for the motivated and qualified applicant to get in but then you run into the issue of those who can't tie their shoes, spell their names, or touch their toes getting in as well. When judging an agency's hiring practices and standards, stop and think about the man or woman who will be deemed your equal as a fellow employee.
                                "Independent research, reading comprehension, & a firm grasp of reality saves lives."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10039 users online. 436 members and 9603 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X