Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Me! I am going to SF on March 9th.

Originally posted by Leo037 View Post
    Looking for some insight. Going to my EOD in San Francisco Int. Airport on March 9th. Will be staying in California for a month until I go to FLETC on April 7th. Anyone Starting FLETC on the same date? Also are there any San Francisco Applicants on the forum shoot me a msg. I've been trying to solve the problem of Costly living in SF, and would be great to talk to anyone for some insights or ideas of what other CBPO's have negotiated this transition. Feel Free to msg me or reply to the board. Best of Luck to everyone..

Comment

• I am just a little jaded on poly's from past experience. I've taken 3, but on my last one the investigator said I was showing deception on stealing and drug use. Of course I was upfront about everything. I had passed 2 prior poly's with no problems, with no changes in background. These were all taken within a 3 year period.

I just don't like that results can seem to vary for no real reason at all. Pretty sure I didn't pass the last one cause I had a newborn at home and hadn't gotten a good night's sleep in about 4 months. Not like that matters though lol ... the machine is the machine, and the administrator has liberty to think and interpret any way they want to.
      Florida/Caribbean 14-2 -- GS-07

07/14 Applied to Florida/Caribbean 14-2
      08/14 Notified: qualification to take exam
      09/13/14 Written exam
      10/31/14 NOR 100 (No Vet Points)
      1/9/15 Notice of TS / Grade:GS-07
      2/4/15 Physical Exam and PFT1 PASSED
      2/6/15 Background Released to IA
      2/18/15 VBT/SI (Tampa) PASSED
      4/14/15 Polygraph (Tampa)
      4/30/15 Notified of unsuitable polygraph and removed from consideration

Comment

• Originally posted by abejjani View Post
        So you are subject to pfts and BI and random Poly's same as random drug test ?
        A working CBPO is subject to numerous evaluations, certifications, reviews and the like.
        Scores of them. Many come annually. Some, like the BI, are done repeatedly. Some, like drug testing, are random.

Assuming they were applicable at the time of hire, a current CBPO took and passed the poly, pfts and whatever was required. People hired on prior to the current process took and passed whatever was applicable during their process.

There are currently no pfts or polys for active CBPOs. As with much of anything, that may be subject to future change.

Comment

• Congrats lol!!

Comment

• Not many actually. I personally know 5 current CBPO age range from 32-48 with experience of 7-18 years and ive showed them and asked how they would do on the written exam and they all said horrible after looking at the study guide and prectice test and all 0f them are GS10-GS12. My best friends father is a supervisor with 18 years experience and he sais after 9/11 its only gotten more and more harder for people to get on with both CBP and BP as they continue to make the hiriring process more difficult and longer each year.

Originally posted by abejjani View Post
            Another question how many of the current cbpos would still pass the tests and BI we are subjected to right now ?

Comment

• Thanks!!! Congrats to both of us!

Comment

• Originally posted by MIRACLE View Post
                Not many actually. I personally know 5 current CBPO age range from 32-48 with experience of 7-18 years and ive showed them and asked how they would do on the written exam and they all said horrible after looking at the study guide and prectice test and all 0f them are GS10-GS12. My best friends father is a supervisor with 18 years experience and he sais after 9/11 its only gotten more and more harder for people to get on with both CBP and BP as they continue to make the hiriring process more difficult and longer each year.
                I agree with you totally I know a couple that have bankruptcies and can't get a loan for a car yet still thrive in the blue... Those are exception I thing being a public servant or Leo you should lead by example...

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike924 View Post
                  I am just a little jaded on poly's from past experience. I've taken 3, but on my last one the investigator said I was showing deception on stealing and drug use. Of course I was upfront about everything. I had passed 2 prior poly's with no problems, with no changes in background. These were all taken within a 3 year period.

I just don't like that results can seem to vary for no real reason at all. Pretty sure I didn't pass the last one cause I had a newborn at home and hadn't gotten a good night's sleep in about 4 months. Not like that matters though lol ... the machine is the machine, and the administrator has liberty to think and interpret any way they want to.
                  Yes, the administrator can and will interpret the machines findings as they please. But thankfully, QC has the final say here with CBP.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYJRM10 View Post
                    Yes, the administrator can and will interpret the machines findings as they please. But thankfully, QC has the final say here with CBP.
                    I don't think I've heard anyone say the polygrapher said they failed and QC went against it. Not to burst anyone's bubble but has anyone else heard of such case ?

07/23/14 Applied to Central East Coast 14-2
                    09/21/14 Written exam
                    11/18/14 Notice of TS
                    11/21/14 TSL packet received
                    12/17/14 PFT1/MED
                    01/06/15 VBT/SI
                    02/25/15 poly (@ JFK)

Comment

• Originally posted by Steph631_ View Post
                      I don't think I've heard anyone say the polygrapher said they failed and QC went against it. Not to burst anyone's bubble but has anyone else heard of such case ?
                      yea i was about to ask to same exact thing.
                      Florida/Caribbean 14-2 -- GS-07

07/14 Applied to Florida/Caribbean 14-2
                      08/14 Notified: qualification to take exam
                      09/13/14 Written exam
                      10/31/14 NOR 100 (No Vet Points)
                      1/9/15 Notice of TS / Grade:GS-07
                      2/4/15 Physical Exam and PFT1 PASSED
                      2/6/15 Background Released to IA
                      2/18/15 VBT/SI (Tampa) PASSED
                      4/14/15 Polygraph (Tampa)
                      4/30/15 Notified of unsuitable polygraph and removed from consideration

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike924 View Post
                        yea i was about to ask to same exact thing.
                        Again like someone said before not everyone and or everything gets posted on here so we wouldn't know a correct number or case circumstance unless everyone came on here. Wish that was the case. I
                        Just pray and hope that those that pass the poly please talk about it and your experience for those who come and read. It makes it better to read the positive and not the constant negative.

09/21/14 Written exam
                        11/18/14 Notice of TS
                        12/17/14 PFT1/MED
                        01/06/15 VBT/SI
                        02/25/15 poly (@ JFK)

Comment

Again like someone said before not everyone and or everything gets posted on here so we wouldn't know a correct number or case circumstance unless everyone came on here. Wish that was the case. I
                          Just pray and hope that those that pass the poly please talk about it and your experience for those who come and read. It makes it better to read the positive and not the constant negative.

09/21/14 Written exam
                          11/18/14 Notice of TS
                          12/17/14 PFT1/MED
                          01/06/15 VBT/SI
                          02/25/15 poly (@ JFK)
                          If you scroll through these hundreds of pages as well as over at delphi forums, there have been a few dozen documented applicants who have been told by their administrator that they failed and were then contacted by QC for a retest.

Just as is the same with the VBT/SI, there is a higher department that has the final say. In the case of the Poly, the admin really doesn't have much say, and I am sure you can figure out why redundancies are needed.
                          Last edited by NYJRM10; 02-20-2015, 11:46 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYJRM10 View Post
                            If you scroll through these hundreds of pages as well as over at delphi forums, there have been a few dozen documented applicants who have been told by their administrator that they failed and were then contacted by QC for a retest.

Just as is the same with the VBT/SI, there is a higher department that has the final say. In the case of the Poly, the admin really doesn't have much say, and I am sure you can figure out why redundancies are needed.
                            I'm on Delphi as well and I haven't read of anyone but if you have that's great. Gives hope to a lot of us. And getting a call back for inconclusive results is probably highly expected vs. A call back saying you passed when the examiner said u failed was my point.

09/21/14 Written exam
                            11/18/14 Notice of TS
                            12/17/14 PFT1/MED
                            01/06/15 VBT/SI
                            02/25/15 poly (@ JFK)

Comment

I'm on Delphi as well and I haven't read of anyone but if you have that's great. Gives hope to a lot of us. And getting a call back for inconclusive results is probably highly expected vs. A call back saying you passed when the examiner said u failed was my point.

09/21/14 Written exam
                              11/18/14 Notice of TS
                              12/17/14 PFT1/MED
                              01/06/15 VBT/SI
                              02/25/15 poly (@ JFK)
                              Scroll to the "Testing" section. There are plenty of threads titled "Poly" that go over this.

And you are correct, a finding of "inconclusive" would be the determination of QC. That is why I stated "retest" not "passed".

Comment

• Originally posted by M8541 Reaper View Post
                                Using or interviewing immediate family members is the worst way to determine one's character (in terms of investigating a clearance request).
                                In those terms you are right. What I meant was that no test can deem the person you really are... Since they almost never believe the honest truth and so many people fail because of it.. Excuse the confusion..

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8071 users online. 227 members and 7844 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X