300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by allen2470 View Post
    Here is an easy question... do any CBP officers enjoy their jobs?!
    Thousands of CBPOs enjoy their jobs. It's the cat's meow.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
      Thousands of CBPOs enjoy their jobs. It's the cat's meow.
      Another question how many of the current cbpos would still pass the tests and BI we are subjected to right now ?

Comment

• What tests? The pre- employment ones?

I imagine the vast majority would.
        The average CBPO is roughly 42 years old with a decade and more of work experience...in other words, much older and more worn that the average applicant. However, at one point they all passed the pre- employment testing they were subject to. That includes the BI.

The Poly is a different beast. It's a fairly new requirement. I can't comment or reasonably speculate on how a poly would have affect past hiring. I suspect that the impact would be minimal. The "meat and potatoes" is the BI...and the current populace has past at least one...and most have seen and passed two or more.

Comment

• Originally posted by borrada View Post
          The way a person lives their life and the people (immediate family) around them who know them well can define who someone really is...
          Using or interviewing immediate family members is the worst way to determine one's character (in terms of investigating a clearance request).
          "Independent research, reading comprehension, & a firm grasp of reality saves lives."

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
            What tests? The pre- employment ones?

I imagine the vast majority would.
            The average CBPO is roughly 42 years old with a decade and more of work experience...in other words, much older and more worn that the average applicant. However, at one point they all passed the pre- employment testing they were subject to. That includes the BI.

The Poly is a different beast. It's a fairly new requirement. I can't comment or reasonably speculate on how a poly would have affect past hiring. I suspect that the impact would be minimal. The "meat and potatoes" is the BI...and the current populace has past at least one...and most have seen and passed two or more.
            So you are subject to pfts and BI and random Poly's same as random drug test ?

Comment

• It seems that right now the ratio (of applicants on here at least) of pass/fail on poly's is heavily slanted to the fail side.

Could it be that like most agencies, they enter more applicants into the process than they need, and the majority of the open slots in some regions have already been filled? 15-1 has a significantly reduced number of available regions in relation to 14-2 and 14-3. I wonder if this is a regional issue with the failures at this time.
              Florida/Caribbean 14-2 -- GS-07

07/14 Applied to Florida/Caribbean 14-2
              08/14 Notified: qualification to take exam
              09/13/14 Written exam
              10/31/14 NOR 100 (No Vet Points)
              1/9/15 Notice of TS / Grade:GS-07
              2/4/15 Physical Exam and PFT1 PASSED
              2/6/15 Background Released to IA
              2/18/15 VBT/SI (Tampa) PASSED
              4/14/15 Polygraph (Tampa)
              4/30/15 Notified of unsuitable polygraph and removed from consideration

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike924 View Post
                It seems that right now the ratio (of applicants on here at least) of pass/fail on poly's is heavily slanted to the fail side.

Could it be that like most agencies, they enter more applicants into the process than they need, and the majority of the open slots in some regions have already been filled? 15-1 has a significantly reduced number of available regions in relation to 14-2 and 14-3. I wonder if this is a regional issue with the failures at this time.
                Why all the job openings then ? If they have enough officers as it is ?

Comment

• Originally posted by abejjani View Post
                  Why all the job openings then ? If they have enough officers as it is ?
                  That's why I said it could be regional. In the regions that are not on the current opening (there are only 5 open regions on the 15-1), they may be reducing the current pool on purpose if there are little to no remaining slots in those closed regions.

I would hope (and do assume) that they would not do this, and administer poly's with integrity. Then they just hold qualified applicants in the pool until jobs open up in their regions without taking on new applicants in 15-1 and into the future.

I am just throwing out a theory because the number of failures reported on here has been far greater than the 60% norm in the past week.

09/13/14 Written exam

Comment

• Originally posted by M8541 Reaper View Post
                    Using or interviewing immediate family members is the worst way to determine one's character (in terms of investigating a clearance request).
                    Prime example of this is the trial of the guy who killed Chris Kyle.

09/13/14 Written exam

Comment

That's why I said it could be regional. In the regions that are not on the current opening (there are only 5 open regions on the 15-1), they may be reducing the current pool on purpose if there are little to no remaining slots in those closed regions.

I would hope (and do assume) that they would not do this, and administer poly's with integrity. Then they just hold qualified applicants in the pool until jobs open up in their regions without taking on new applicants in 15-1 and into the future.

I am just throwing out a theory because the number of failures reported on here has been far greater than the 60% norm in the past week.
                      I am not excluding the fact also that some guys do fail for legit reasons ... A couple of days ago someone was wondering if using pot would DQ them during the poly ... I mean sometimes you can't believe everything on the internet... BTW am a French model....

Comment

It seems that right now the ratio (of applicants on here at least) of pass/fail on poly's is heavily slanted to the fail side.

Realistically it's not enough people reporting their results on here, so I don't think we should all get worked up about failing. Think positive and think about all the other applicants who are passing the polygraph and not involved in the forum.

Comment

• Originally posted by Precious539 View Post
                          Realistically it's not enough people reporting their results on here, so I don't think we should all get worked up about failing. Think positive and think about all the other applicants who are passing the polygraph and not involved in the forum.
                          Totally agree many that pass and move on might not come back and report.but if you don't pass you are still in that limbo that we are in ...

Comment

• CBP officer

Originally posted by abejjani View Post
                            I am not excluding the fact also that some guys do fail for legit reasons ... A couple of days ago someone was wondering if using pot would DQ them during the poly ... I mean sometimes you can't believe everything on the internet... BTW am a French model....
                            I agree can't believe it all. I think people fail for one thing or another. Whether it was the vibe the investigator received from you. Or smoking. Arrests. Tickets. Debt. Anything they don't like and feel might be an issue in the future. Now I'm also sure there's that low percentage of squeaky clean people who still fail. It's just hit or miss with this poly. I'm leaving my poly results in the one above's hands.

07/23/14 Applied to Central East Coast 14-2
                            09/21/14 Written exam
                            11/18/14 Notice of TS
                            11/21/14 TSL packet received
                            12/17/14 PFT1/MED
                            01/06/15 VBT/SI
                            02/25/15 poly (@ JFK)
                            Last edited by Steph631_; 02-20-2015, 09:19 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steph631_ View Post
                              I agree can't believe it all. I think people fail for one thing or another. Whether it was the vibe the investigator received from you. Or smoking. Arrests. Tickets. Debt. Anything they don't like and feel might be an issue in the figure. Now I'm also sure there's that low percentage of squeaky wan people who still fail. It's just hit or miss with this poly. I'm leave my poly results in the one above's hands.

09/21/14 Written exam
                              11/18/14 Notice of TS
                              12/17/14 PFT1/MED
                              01/06/15 VBT/SI
                              02/25/15 poly (@ JFK)
                              Yup, me too. What's meant to be will be.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steph631_ View Post
                                I agree can't believe it all. I think people fail for one thing or another. Whether it was the vibe the investigator received from you. Or smoking. Arrests. Tickets. Debt. Anything they don't like and feel might be an issue in the future. Now I'm also sure there's that low percentage of squeaky clean people who still fail. It's just hit or miss with this poly. I'm leaving my poly results in the one above's hands.

09/21/14 Written exam
                                11/18/14 Notice of TS
                                12/17/14 PFT1/MED
                                01/06/15 VBT/SI
                                02/25/15 poly (@ JFK)
                                If it is meant to be it will happen...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10738 users online. 361 members and 10377 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X