Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I
    Originally posted by Mike924 View Post
    REALLY?! sorry to hear that. seems like that is all people are saying right now. i don't understand it. good luck with whatever path you choose from here.
    Thank you

Comment

• Originally posted by seventhousand View Post
      Thank you. I thought I had read a while back that the test had changed. It sounds like it is still consistent with the provided study guide though.
      Yeap... I also read it changed but not after June 2014.. Just to point out, you cannot use a calculator and there are several percentage and decimal problems that include fractions... Multiplication, division, ratios, and time problems will also be there.. Although it might sound easy, you might want to study some of those just to go in there extra sure. Good Luck!!

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisarias1987 View Post
        One more failure to the poly!! Good luck to the rest of you. Never give up!! I'll be back for sure.
        That is discouraging !!?? What happened ?

Comment

One more failure to the poly!! Good luck to the rest of you. Never give up!! I'll be back for sure.

Oh no... Are you going by what the examiner told you?? FYI.. His word is not final!!! It still has to be reviewed by QC... Don't let that loose your sleep. Keep your head up!!

Comment

• Just to share my results as well yesterday the agent said I failed the poly, it knocked me out because I felt so good during the test, no nervous at all since I had nothing to lie or hide about. There has to be something wrong with this test.

Comment

• Originally posted by 305CC View Post
              Just to share my results as well yesterday the agent said I failed the poly, it knocked me out because I felt so good during the test, no nervous at all since I had nothing to lie or hide about. There has to be something wrong with this test.
              It's quite odd that these agents are just making it harder on themselves and the agency... It doesn't make sense to poly good potential candidates and just them fail them.. Then the same process again and again... I wonder if they pay them for each polygraph administered or if it's a salary thing...

Comment

• Originally posted by borrada View Post
                Oh no... Are you going by what the examiner told you?? FYI.. His word is not final!!! It still has to be reviewed by QC... Don't let that loose your sleep. Keep your head up!!
                Yes, I'm going by what the examiner told me. I know he doesn't have the last word, but it's still very discouraging I have never done anything wrong in my life. But just telling me "in my opinion I think you failed" it's very disappointed. I felt really confident when I was doing it. not nervous at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by PHSeaBee View Post
                  They do not keep records that do exist at the VA health center. They are uploaded to a mainframe for viewing purposes only I was told. There is no files to request. Is this not crazy. Just send me the electronic files. I have to make them an attachment anyhow?? The docs that don't exist? They are like monkeys. If they don't exist then they can't be referred to so I can't get documentation stating they don't exist??
                  10-Pt Vet here so trust me when I say I feel your VA pain lol. They are the absolute worst at record-keeping. However, their new "HealtheVet" website allows you to access your medical and military records. Now I'm not saying any of it is accurate or complete, but it is better than nothing. Every appointment and Dr's note is listed and available to view/print/download. Go to your VA and get registered into it and request for the premium upgrade. Then you'll be able to print your entire record for CBP.

You can also request your "entire" VA Medical Record at their records office (every VA has one of these offices and/or you can contact write the main VA Records Facility for your record). As for military records, they will probably only have your in-processing paperwork.

Good luck.

Side note... I've been told by the records office that certain records didn't exist but then when I contacted the main records office, they were sent to me. ...........Worst.System.EVER.
                  "Independent research, reading comprehension, & a firm grasp of reality saves lives."

Comment

Yes, I'm going by what the examiner told me. I know he doesn't have the last word, but it's still very discouraging I have never done anything wrong in my life. But just telling me "in my opinion I think you failed" it's very disappointed. I felt really confident when I was doing it. not nervous at all.
                    I hear you... Strongly feel this poly is some sort of hidden discrimination on their part...

Comment

• Originally posted by borrada View Post
                      I hear you... Strongly feel this poly is some sort of hidden discrimination on their part...
                      This is just a far-fetched theory, but do you think they may be suspicious of people with clean histories, even if they are being truthful? As someone who doesn't drink, smoke, no moving citations, never stole so much as a pack of gum. It worries me too.

Or maybe not enough people are being weeded out by the poly and they're using their own discretion. Scary either way.

Comment

• 14-3 checking in again. Got the magical green check mark for my medical after passing medical and pt1. any 14-3's get their packets in the mail yet? haven't got any additional info since passing my med/pt. good luck to all you guys/gals with upcoming polys!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick2 View Post
                          This is just a far-fetched theory, but do you think they may be suspicious of people with clean histories, even if they are being truthful? As someone who doesn't drink, smoke, no moving citations, never stole so much as a pack of gum. It worries me too.

Or maybe not enough people are being weeded out by the poly and they're using their own discretion. Scary either way.
                          Great point!! I believe that no single exam such as "polygraph" can define who a person is... The way a person lives their life and the people (immediate family) around them who know them well can define who someone really is... I strongly feel a very thorough background investigation should be more than enough to select candidates... This would eliminate great worries and head aches for many!!

Comment

• Just FOIA your poly.
                            It should give you some insight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike924 View Post
                              When you do the month of OJT before the academy, do you go to the major port in your region or the port that you select for assignment?
                              It depends.

As a rule of thumb you go to the port you selected.

If that port lacks the facilities, infrastructure, staffing, or ability to best handle your pre-academy training and oversight, it's possible to get moved elsewhere. ..especially elsewhere within a local commute.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike924 View Post
                                anyone know what percentage of your pay goes to retirement each pay period?

i think it's 3% but not sure. i am very anal when it comes to planning for the future, so i want to know what to expect my checks to really be if i am lucky enough to get there.

The agency puts in at minimum 3% and at maximum 5% of your pay, based on your elected contributions.

You can elect to contribute up to the maximum yearly amount, which I think is currently at 17.5K

If you're 50 or older, there's also a catch up contribution of up to 5.5K you may elect to fund.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5528 users online. 303 members and 5225 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X