300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by YoungCBPOApplicant View Post
    Yeah pretty much any ticket over $300, you have to acknowledge, explain and sign for it.
    Oh wow. Wth can u say about a ticket though besides what it already states ". Speeding "

07/23/14 Applied to Central East Coast 14-2
    09/21/14 Written exam
    11/18/14 Notice of TS
    11/21/14 TSL packet received
    12/17/14 PFT1/MED
    01/06/15 VBT/SI
    02/25/15 poly (@ JFK)

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike924 View Post
      Oh yeah no doubt I will be putting into the TSP as much as I can. I've already done a good amount in a prior 401(k) and IRA's.

I was just wondering if there is a mandatory FERS contribution (I'm sure there is) and how much it is for CBP.

Mike, short answer...yes. The mandatory for NEW federal employees hired in after 2013 is 4.9% total. If hired in AY 2013 it was 4% and for 2013 and prior to AY 2013 is .8%. Just take it for what it is...it's a really long explanation

Please someone correct me if you know otherwise. I'm just going off my research and what I contribute.
      Announcement 13-1
      GEO Applied for- East Texas
      Tested- 09/25/13
      NOR- 10/28/13 (98 With VP)
      TSL- 12/18/13
      TSL2- 12/28/13
      Medical and PFT1- 1/09/14
      SI/VBT- 2/24/14
      Drug Test- 4/1/14
      Poly- 5/7/14
      Finished with BI- 5/28/14
      Contacted about Active duty obligation- 7/30/14
      application placed on hold due to active military obligation- 7/31/14
      application changed to show active- 10/01/14
      CASS shows: "you have been referred to the scheduling unit"- 10/01/14
      Hoping to get Dallas

Comment

• Bueller? Bueller? For everyone who took the written test, was there a math section?

Comment

• Originally posted by seventhousand View Post
          Bueller? Bueller? For everyone who took the written test, was there a math section?
          There was for the 14-3 exam.

Comment

• Originally posted by GH1187 View Post
            There was for the 14-3 exam.
            Thank you

Comment

• Medical clearance
              Any other Veterans having issues with this ?
              Took medical and PFT-1 last March and passed.
              In October received packet requesting reevaluation at the VA and return the packet within30 days. VA appointment in 30 days?? I called and they gave me a February date.., good report with Med Provider got me in w/in 27 days
              Today I get an email asking for documentation between 2008 and 2013 from the VA and return it in next 9 days?? I called and explained I wasn't seen between those dates so that's why there's no documents. I was told they would give me 5 weeks. This is just to prove I'm not omitting any medical history. I would think the poly question about cheating or lying to get the job would resolve that question?? But now I must get docs that don't exist?? Anyone else in this kinda boat as well? Grrrrr!

Comment

Bueller? Bueller? For everyone who took the written test, was there a math section?
                Was in the 13-1 test

Comment

14-2 had a math section... As of now, anyone that tested prior to June 2014 has to re-take entrance exam... With that being written, the exam has not changed as of June 2014 and it should have the math section on it. Be on the safe side and just prepare yourself for it.. The online study guide provided on the job summary has very similar question formats.

Comment

• Originally posted by PHSeaBee View Post
                    Medical clearance
                    Any other Veterans having issues with this ?
                    Took medical and PFT-1 last March and passed.
                    In October received packet requesting reevaluation at the VA and return the packet within30 days. VA appointment in 30 days?? I called and they gave me a February date.., good report with Med Provider got me in w/in 27 days
                    Today I get an email asking for documentation between 2008 and 2013 from the VA and return it in next 9 days?? I called and explained I wasn't seen between those dates so that's why there's no documents. I was told they would give me 5 weeks. This is just to prove I'm not omitting any medical history. I would think the poly question about cheating or lying to get the job would resolve that question?? But now I must get docs that don't exist?? Anyone else in this kinda boat as well? Grrrrr!
                    I'm confused. You passed but months later they wanted a re-eval? I am assuming this is due to the government's usual shelf life of 6 months for everything.

I (thank god) have not dealt with the VA as a veteran...since I was only reserves and don't qualify for it...but you 'should' be able to get documentation from them stating that you have no medical records with them for that time period. Some paper pusher over there should be able to do that for you...though it is still the VA.
                    Florida/Caribbean 14-2 -- GS-07

07/14 Applied to Florida/Caribbean 14-2
                    08/14 Notified: qualification to take exam
                    09/13/14 Written exam
                    10/31/14 NOR 100 (No Vet Points)
                    1/9/15 Notice of TS / Grade:GS-07
                    2/4/15 Physical Exam and PFT1 PASSED
                    2/6/15 Background Released to IA
                    2/18/15 VBT/SI (Tampa) PASSED
                    4/14/15 Polygraph (Tampa)
                    4/30/15 Notified of unsuitable polygraph and removed from consideration

Comment

• Originally posted by borrada View Post
                      14-2 had a math section... As of now, anyone that tested prior to June 2014 has to re-take entrance exam... With that being written, the exam has not changed as of June 2014 and it should have the math section on it. Be on the safe side and just prepare yourself for it.. The online study guide provided on the job summary has very similar question formats.
                      Thank you. I thought I had read a while back that the test had changed. It sounds like it is still consistent with the provided study guide though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike924 View Post
                        I'm confused. You passed but months later they wanted a re-eval? I am assuming this is due to the government's usual shelf life of 6 months for everything.

I (thank god) have not dealt with the VA as a veteran...since I was only reserves and don't qualify for it...but you 'should' be able to get documentation from them stating that you have no medical records with them for that time period. Some paper pusher over there should be able to do that for you...though it is still the VA.
                        It's not a reeval of my CBP medical. They want prior Injuries reevaluated by the VA from years back to show they no longer are an issue? I though passing the CBP med showed that?

I actually tried that in the original process. They do not keep records that do exist at the VA health center. They are uploaded to a mainframe for viewing purposes only I was told. There is no files to request. Is this not crazy. Just send me the electronic files. I have to make them an attachment anyhow?? The docs that don't exist? They are like monkeys. If they don't exist then they can't be referred to so I can't get documentation stating they don't exist??

Comment

• I may be just overly frustrated after 2 years but I'm waiting on the final PFT-2 and the EOD and this is holding me up. I've vented I guess?? LoL

Comment

• One more failure to the poly!! Good luck to the rest of you. Never give up!! I'll be back for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by PHSeaBee View Post
                              It's not a reeval of my CBP medical. They want prior Injuries reevaluated by the VA from years back to show they no longer are an issue? I though passing the CBP med showed that?

I actually tried that in the original process. They do not keep records that do exist at the VA health center. They are uploaded to a mainframe for viewing purposes only I was told. There is no files to request. Is this not crazy. Just send me the electronic files. I have to make them an attachment anyhow?? The docs that don't exist? They are like monkeys. If they don't exist then they can't be referred to so I can't get documentation stating they don't exist??
                              Jesus, I have no idea what to do beyond that point. Yeah, you would think they they would be able to create a document that states you did not receive services through them. Is there a way to go through Tricare to get that info? Again I don't use the VA so I don't know if it is connected with Tricare at all. Just throwing darts.

09/13/14 Written exam

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisarias1987 View Post
                                One more failure to the poly!! Good luck to the rest of you. Never give up!! I'll be back for sure.
                                REALLY?! sorry to hear that. seems like that is all people are saying right now. i don't understand it. good luck with whatever path you choose from here.

09/13/14 Written exam

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10808 users online. 358 members and 10450 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X