300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kc12 View Post
    No beards and mustaches must be groomed within standards (think military). I heard the union was fighting to allow us to wear facial hair, but I haven't heard anything lately.
    There goes my handlebar mustache

Comment

• Originally posted by Hound77 View Post
      Knowing the Feds I was pretty sure that if you said you'd take GS-5 they'd never give you GS-7 no matter what your quals are. I don't have any proof of that but I wasn't taking any chances. I went GS-7 and was approved.
      I sent in the stuff for the GS-5 because I was unsure of my qualifications. I'm not currently in law enforcement and only have a bachelor’s degree. That sounded like text book GS-5 to me.....But, I have worked as a professional for over 14 years so, in my mind, I'd like to think that my life experience is worth more than that of a 21 year old (no offence if your 21). Of course I was approved for GS-5, but if there was a chance that a determination could have been made to get GS-7, I'd really prefer that. Has anyone been given GS-7 with similar qualifications? And if so, can you request a reconsideration?

Comment

• wanna go to customs

I have been with border patrol for about 6 months and I dont like where im stationed at , Laredo Texas. I have been thinking of switching to a cbp officer so i can try to go back to the rio grande valley in south texas but i really dont know the process to go into customs can some one please help me with this and how does the duty location work will i be able to get something in south texas there are plenty of ports of entries there. Does anyone know a recruiter for south texas. Please help me out guys and let me know what i should do to get into customs. my email is [email protected] if you prefer to email me i would really appreciate the help. thanks alot

Comment

• Originally posted by Borderpatrol007 View Post
          I have been with border patrol for about 6 months and I dont like where im stationed at , Laredo Texas. I have been thinking of switching to a cbp officer so i can try to go back to the rio grande valley in south texas but i really dont know the process to go into customs can some one please help me with this and how does the duty location work will i be able to get something in south texas there are plenty of ports of entries there. Does anyone know a recruiter for south texas. Please help me out guys and let me know what i should do to get into customs. my email is [email protected] if you prefer to email me i would really appreciate the help. thanks alot
          BP,
          First, you'll have to wait for the next anouncement and test like anyone else. Supposedly there's a new limited announcement coming out in early Nov., I have no idea where or if any Texas locations are on it.

Comment

• okay cool when do the anouncements usually come out and how can i check what duty locations will be on them. Is there a good chance i could get something down south were i wanna be at?

Comment

okay cool when do the anouncements usually come out and how can i check what duty locations will be on them. Is there a good chance i could get something down south were i wanna be at?
              If it's a limited announcement then they will have a list of potential locations you could apply for on the announcement. As he stated there is a rumor that an announcement will open next month. No one can tell you an exact date.

Comment

• does the job announcement come out on usa jobs.com along with the list of locations? And if the location i want is there i take the test and pass and go through the hiring process and then i can get that spot??

Comment

okay cool when do the anouncements usually come out and how can i check what duty locations will be on them. Is there a good chance i could get something down south were i wanna be at?
                  Check out USAJOBS.gov. Run a search for series 1895. When the new annoucement opens it'll be there, along with duty locations.

As far as you getting to where you want in Texas, unknown. Generally speaking though, limited announcements usually include many if not most of the SB locations, plus the hard to fill NB ones such as Montana, Alaska, Maine, etc.

Comment

• so how many people do they usually take to each duty station? Is there any way i could find a cbp officer recruieter to talk to ? So when in the hiring process do you get to pick your duty station or do you have one assigned to you? thanks for your help

Comment

does the job announcement come out on usa jobs.com along with the list of locations? And if the location i want is there i take the test and pass and go through the hiring process and then i can get that spot??
                      Yes...if you test high enough on the test and make it through the process, you'll get offered a job. Much like the BP, OFO doesn't test for specific ports, but for all the ports within a specific area. You could get offered a job at the Larado PoE, depending on how the announcement was worded in regards to locations.

Comment

so how many people do they usually take to each duty station? Is there any way i could find a cbp officer recruieter to talk to ? So when in the hiring process do you get to pick your duty station or do you have one assigned to you? thanks for your help

It's a port, not a station. They take as many officers to each port as they take. It all depends. Generally, applicants are offered a port(or 2 or 3) from the geographical preference area they've chosen.

As far as a CBPO recruiter goes...I have no idea of one in Texas. Your best bet is to stop in at one of the larger ports and ask about it there.

Comment

• okay sounds like a process very similar to bp. I just really wanna get any port in the rio grande valley and get out of laredo. So all i gotta do is get a good score on the test and complete the hiring process then i get offered a port. Hows the pay compared to bp and is the job fun or is it boring. thanks

Comment

• Just got another NOR via e-mail. I tested in july and got my original NOR in August. Anyone know why I would get a duplicate now and if this means anything?

Comment

okay sounds like a process very similar to bp. I just really wanna get any port in the rio grande valley and get out of laredo. So all i gotta do is get a good score on the test and complete the hiring process then i get offered a port. Hows the pay compared to bp and is the job fun or is it boring. thanks
                              The pay is GS vrs GL. How that works out in real life mostly dpends on how much OT you see in the port. 2X COPRA OT for any work over 8 hours in a day or 40 hours a week. 50 percent Sunday diff. 20 percent midnight diff, 15 percent evening diff.

As far as fun or boring, it depends on you. How well do you like chasing toncs through the desert?

Comment

• Originally posted by imlikeaninja View Post
                                Just got another NOR via e-mail. I tested in july and got my original NOR in August. Anyone know why I would get a duplicate now and if this means anything?
                                It's a glitch in the system. I received 6 NORs I think over 3 months.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12959 users online. 508 members and 12451 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X