Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • wow yea that would have been a lot easier today than driving all the way to tampa. who knows how they figure this stuff out.

    well, i am pretty sure i passed the SI. i know i passed the VBT. the inspector was asking me when and where my poly is going to be, so i figure that's a sign that he thinks i should be moved along.
    Florida/Caribbean 14-2 -- GS-07

    07/14 Applied to Florida/Caribbean 14-2
    08/14 Notified: qualification to take exam
    09/13/14 Written exam
    10/31/14 NOR 100 (No Vet Points)
    1/9/15 Notice of TS / Grade:GS-07
    2/4/15 Physical Exam and PFT1 PASSED
    2/6/15 Background Released to IA
    2/18/15 VBT/SI (Tampa) PASSED
    4/14/15 Polygraph (Tampa)
    4/30/15 Notified of unsuitable polygraph and removed from consideration

    Comment


    • Well, it's been a fun run guys and gals but today was the end of the road for me. Failed the poly apparently. I was %1000 honest every step of the way but obviously it wasn't good enough. I would never lie to get this job, no job is worth lying to get. In fact, I would be taking a $40k hit taking this job and a good friend of the family is a deputy chief at my desired port so I would never burn that bridge. But, here we are and I was failed. There are some interesting take away points here I would like to share:

      1. I was not actually failed by the machine but by the interviewer. The interviewer personally felt I was being deceptive despite the machine showing otherwise (whatever).

      2. Not only was I failed but the other 5 applicants I tested with were all failed as well, all for the same reason allegedly. Bear in mind, the other 5 applicants consisted of a current LEO, Honorably Discharged Military, current FLEO with a security clearance, and I didn't catch the others history. I find It remarkably bizarre and suspect that all of the interviewers would find us all liars for the same thing. Doesn't add up.

      3. Since I stayed the night prior I ended up dining with the agents. Two female agents who were sitting behind me were openly (and loudly) discussing and ripping apart their days poly interviews. Making fun of them for this and that. Are you kidding me??? I have never been witness to such unprofessional-ism in my life and I have filed a complaint with IA regarding that incident.

      At the end of the day this whole process was a good learning experience and I look forward to what life brings in the near future. I wish all of you the best of luck in your continued efforts.
      Last edited by NYJRM10; 02-18-2015, 06:53 PM.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by NYJRM10 View Post
        Well, it's been a fun run guys and gals but today was the end of the road for me. Failed the poly apparently. I was %1000 honest every step of the way but obviously it wasn't good enough. I would never lie to get this job, no job is worth lying to get. In fact, I would be taking a $40k hit taking this job and a good friend of the family is a deputy chief at my desired port so I would never burn that bridge. But, here we are and I was failed. There are some interesting take away points here I would like to share:

        1. I was not actually failed by the machine but by the interviewer. The interviewer personally felt I was being deceptive despite the machine showing otherwise (whatever).

        2. Not only was I failed but the other 5 applicants I tested with were all failed as well, all for the same reason allegedly. Bear in mind, the other 5 applicants consisted of a current LEO, Honorably Discharged Military, current FLEO with a security clearance, and I didn't catch the others history. I find It remarkably bizarre and suspect that all of the interviewers would find us all liars for the same thing. Doesn't add up.

        3. Since I stayed the night prior I ended up dining with the agents. Two female agents who were sitting behind me were openly (and loudly) discussing and ripping apart their days poly interviews. Making fun of them for this and that. Are you kidding me??? I have never been witness to such unprofessional-ism in my life and I have filed a complaint with IA regarding that incident.

        At the end of the day this whole process was a good learning experience and I look forward to what life brings in the near future. I wish all of you the best of luck in your continued efforts.
        Where did you take you poly?

        Comment


        • It also seems odd/suspicious that they would all be failures. Seems like a lot of people end up with inconclusive and try again. The fact that all of them FAILED on one day makes no sense what so ever.

          I am truly sorry! I had a job declined because of a poly as well. I am 2 for 3 on poly's. There does not seem to be a rhyme or reason to it at all. I still can't believe they actually use them for hiring decisions.
          Florida/Caribbean 14-2 -- GS-07

          07/14 Applied to Florida/Caribbean 14-2
          08/14 Notified: qualification to take exam
          09/13/14 Written exam
          10/31/14 NOR 100 (No Vet Points)
          1/9/15 Notice of TS / Grade:GS-07
          2/4/15 Physical Exam and PFT1 PASSED
          2/6/15 Background Released to IA
          2/18/15 VBT/SI (Tampa) PASSED
          4/14/15 Polygraph (Tampa)
          4/30/15 Notified of unsuitable polygraph and removed from consideration

          Comment


          • Passed the PFT2 this morning in Ann Arbor. It was really easy and everyone in our group passed. I report to Glynco on April 4th but everyone else that was there was reporting on March 27th. Any reason why they're having us all start at different times? Wouldn't it make more sense, logistically, if they put us all in together?

            Comment


            • I'm scheduled for the physical and medical on the same day. Does anyone know if I should go dressed in business attire and bring a duffle bag so I can change for the physical part of the test?

              Comment


              • Originally posted by nycqns123 View Post
                I'm scheduled for the physical and medical on the same day. Does anyone know if I should go dressed in business attire and bring a duffle bag so I can change for the physical part of the test?
                You don't have to dressed in business attire. Just dress like when you go to the gym.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Mike924 View Post
                  It also seems odd/suspicious that they would all be failures. Seems like a lot of people end up with inconclusive and try again. The fact that all of them FAILED on one day makes no sense what so ever.

                  I am truly sorry! I had a job declined because of a poly as well. I am 2 for 3 on poly's. There does not seem to be a rhyme or reason to it at all. I still can't believe they actually use them for hiring decisions.
                  What bothers me the most is that it was not the poly results but rather the personal discretion of the IA boss in house that made the decision. It was almost as if they just used the poly as an excuse to cover up their personal opinion. Very odd situation. In any event, it's over and I am kinda glad.

                  Comment


                  • I hit FLETC on April 7th
                    Job Announcement Number: CBPO 13-1
                    Pay Plan: GS 1895 -GS5
                    Geo Location: Florida - changed to West Coast
                    Test Date: 9/27/13
                    NOR Results: 10/28/13 - passed
                    Region Change: 2/21/14
                    Tentative Selection : 3/31/14
                    Medical Exm/Pft1 : 5/6/14 - passed
                    Structured Intv./VBT : 7/17/14 - results: 8/01/14 passed
                    CBPO TSL-packet: 8/22/14
                    Polygraph: 11/19/14 passed
                    NOPA: 01/20/15 passed
                    BI: at Security Office : 8/28/14 passed
                    Drug test: 02/06/15
                    PFT2: 3/6/15

                    Comment


                    • Anyone going to a San Francisco post EOD?
                      Job Announcement Number: CBPO 13-1
                      Pay Plan: GS 1895 -GS5
                      Geo Location: Florida - changed to West Coast
                      Test Date: 9/27/13
                      NOR Results: 10/28/13 - passed
                      Region Change: 2/21/14
                      Tentative Selection : 3/31/14
                      Medical Exm/Pft1 : 5/6/14 - passed
                      Structured Intv./VBT : 7/17/14 - results: 8/01/14 passed
                      CBPO TSL-packet: 8/22/14
                      Polygraph: 11/19/14 passed
                      NOPA: 01/20/15 passed
                      BI: at Security Office : 8/28/14 passed
                      Drug test: 02/06/15
                      PFT2: 3/6/15

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Rickaroni1290 View Post
                        Passed the PFT2 this morning in Ann Arbor. It was really easy and everyone in our group passed. I report to Glynco on April 4th but everyone else that was there was reporting on March 27th. Any reason why they're having us all start at different times? Wouldn't it make more sense, logistically, if they put us all in together?
                        Congrats!

                        Ann Arbor - Did you sing Hail to the Victors the whole time?! Your lungs must be burning from that cold air. Hope they did it indoors!
                        Florida/Caribbean 14-2 -- GS-07

                        07/14 Applied to Florida/Caribbean 14-2
                        08/14 Notified: qualification to take exam
                        09/13/14 Written exam
                        10/31/14 NOR 100 (No Vet Points)
                        1/9/15 Notice of TS / Grade:GS-07
                        2/4/15 Physical Exam and PFT1 PASSED
                        2/6/15 Background Released to IA
                        2/18/15 VBT/SI (Tampa) PASSED
                        4/14/15 Polygraph (Tampa)
                        4/30/15 Notified of unsuitable polygraph and removed from consideration

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by NYJRM10 View Post
                          What bothers me the most is that it was not the poly results but rather the personal discretion of the IA boss in house that made the decision. It was almost as if they just used the poly as an excuse to cover up their personal opinion. Very odd situation. In any event, it's over and I am kinda glad.
                          I don't know. I am happy to hear you wrote to IA about it. Maybe someone with experience on here (i.e. Merlin or Pony) will be able to shed a little more light on regs regarding if that is even supposed to happen. What is the point of the poly if the investigator can override it? I've never heard of an investigator overriding a failing polygraph. Does not seem right at all.
                          Florida/Caribbean 14-2 -- GS-07

                          07/14 Applied to Florida/Caribbean 14-2
                          08/14 Notified: qualification to take exam
                          09/13/14 Written exam
                          10/31/14 NOR 100 (No Vet Points)
                          1/9/15 Notice of TS / Grade:GS-07
                          2/4/15 Physical Exam and PFT1 PASSED
                          2/6/15 Background Released to IA
                          2/18/15 VBT/SI (Tampa) PASSED
                          4/14/15 Polygraph (Tampa)
                          4/30/15 Notified of unsuitable polygraph and removed from consideration

                          Comment


                          • I am not sure if it is just me or did this thread become an obsession to someone else too???

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by abejjani View Post
                              I am not sure if it is just me or did this thread become an obsession to someone else too???
                              Obsession lol


                              07/23/14 Applied to Central East Coast 14-2
                              09/21/14 Written exam
                              11/18/14 Notice of TS
                              11/21/14 TSL packet received
                              12/17/14 PFT1/MED
                              01/06/15 VBT/SI
                              02/25/15 poly (@ JFK)

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Steph631_ View Post
                                Obsession lol


                                07/23/14 Applied to Central East Coast 14-2
                                09/21/14 Written exam
                                11/18/14 Notice of TS
                                11/21/14 TSL packet received
                                12/17/14 PFT1/MED
                                01/06/15 VBT/SI
                                02/25/15 poly (@ JFK)
                                Oh yeah it is !!! I don't do fb or all that social media stuff but I got this on my phone and every time it dings I run to check like little teenager waiting for my bf to call lmao... My wife is gonna think I got me a gf lol....

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 9214 users online. 486 members and 8728 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X