300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Steph631_ View Post
    It's sad but I guess not everyone can pass right. Thanks for your advice and continue with that positive attitude.

07/23/14 Applied to Central East Coast 14-2
    09/21/14 Written exam
    11/18/14 Notice of TS
    11/21/14 TSL packet received
    12/17/14 PFT1/MED
    01/06/15 VBT/SI
    02/25/15 poly (@ JFK)
    Yeah it is and no problem. It is what it is and I'll be back to reapply in 3 years. It was my first poly ever and I never knew what to expect so being in the room strapped to a chair. It's inevitable to not be nervous. But I'll keep applying around. Good luck in your process. You'll do good!

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisarias1987 View Post
      If you don't want to sign it, that's good, but they don't do the poly on you. They put it as simple as that. It's your choice. They just want to save their behinds. Unfortunately, That's the way they do it. It's not fair
      I'm simply passing along information to help those that have taken the poly and have run into problems. This information is not only based on printed law, but also on personal experience from when I received a NOPA and went through the appeal process. If you'd like to look up the law concerning not only the appeal process, but also the 3 year debarment recently discussed it's all located under 5 CFR,1.B. 731 "Suitability".

Good luck taking your poly and hopefully you won't need the information.
      Last edited by 66Pony; 02-17-2015, 10:22 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alexb6237 View Post
        Yeah it is and no problem. It is what it is and I'll be back to reapply in 3 years. It was my first poly ever and I never knew what to expect so being in the room strapped to a chair. It's inevitable to not be nervous. But I'll keep applying around. Good luck in your process. You'll do good!
        Thank you hope God hears you in "you'll do good"

07/23/14 Applied to Central East Coast 14-2
        09/21/14 Written exam
        11/18/14 Notice of TS
        11/21/14 TSL packet received
        12/17/14 PFT1/MED
        01/06/15 VBT/SI
        02/25/15 poly (@ JFK)

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisarias1987 View Post
          Why would they want to fail all TSA applicants? In my opinion, that should be a plus.
          Idk it's been like that for a while. It's like even though they work for the same agency because we are newer we get looked down upon. Like when I'm at work I walk past them ever day say what's up to a few and most don't really say anything back. Lol. So idk. But yeah I've heard of 2 polygraphers who got fired for failing tsa employed applicants.

Comment

Did didn't grill me for anything. It only took like 3.5 hours. The guy I swear acted like the nicest guy on earth lol. Like man we could of been friends lol. But I know that's their job to make u feel comfortable. More open to them. But he asked me everything 3 times. And that's about it at the end gave me some time to see if I wanted to admit to anything and I told him there's nothing to admit to. So he sent me on my way. But what ever. I knew the poly was gonna be an issue it's always been an issue once they started implementing it. And I know alot of ppl I work with that have gotten failed. Even heard a few issues with some polygraphers that got removed because they were failing all TSA applicants. I'm not gonna say that was the issue with me but what ever. I gave it my all.
            Same thing happened to me at that office in Miramar. I know about 3 people who failed the poly at that office by the same examiner and one of them work for TSA. So when I got the call to schedule my poly and I knew who my examiner was gonna be I just accepted my faith before even taking the poly lol. I wish I didn't know who he was. Maybe I would've been less nervous.

Comment

• Originally posted by MIA_509 View Post
              Same thing happened to me at that office in Miramar. I know about 3 people who failed the poly at that office by the same examiner and one of them work for TSA. So when I got the call to schedule my poly and I knew who my examiner was gonna be I just accepted my faith before even taking the poly lol. I wish I didn't know who he was. Maybe I would've been less nervous.
              Yeah man. Oh well on to looking for other things till next time. I wonder if I'm able to apply for cbp agriculture after failing cbpo.

Comment

Yeah man. Oh well on to looking for other things till next time. I wonder if I'm able to apply for cbp agriculture after failing cbpo.
                Would've been nice to work for CBPO. Try agriculture out and see what happen. Good luck.

Comment

• Passed the PFT2 today and will EOD on the 23rd.... this has been a rather long road at this point.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kalus View Post
                    Passed the PFT2 today and will EOD on the 23rd.... this has been a rather long road at this point.
                    congrats!

Comment

• Originally posted by vickyvic10 View Post
                      Yea I received a letter, nopa i believe, about my marijuana use that occurred in 2006-2008 and I was thinking they just want further explanation and clarification since this occurred like 7 years ago lol. Is this pretty standard or am i for sure done? Im thinking if they wanted to automatically disqualified me they would have just told me hehe. what do you think.
                      A NOPA is pretty much standard when the agency finds something in an application that is potentially disqualifying. Many, if not most, NOPAs can be beaten...if you put in the effort and correctly address the relevant problems that need fixing.

Search the internet for CBP templates addressing NOPAs. There are several out there. Honorfirst.com has at least one...for a start.

Reply back to the agency explaining how you've moved on in life since 2008. You're a better person, more mature, and how, while the 2008 you might have made some poor choices, the 2015 you is well beyond thst, you've taken your past beatings, learned valuable life lessons and have closed that chapter in your life. ..never to return. In 2015, you're a new, better you.

Good luck with it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kalus View Post
                        Passed the PFT2 today and will EOD on the 23rd.... this has been a rather long road at this point.
                        congratulations!

Comment

• If anyone is interested, 15-1 is up on USAjobs. Looks like Hawaii, Central East, Midwest, Northwest, and of course Southwest.

https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/394158400
                          Florida/Caribbean 14-2 -- GS-07

07/14 Applied to Florida/Caribbean 14-2
                          08/14 Notified: qualification to take exam
                          09/13/14 Written exam
                          10/31/14 NOR 100 (No Vet Points)
                          1/9/15 Notice of TS / Grade:GS-07
                          2/4/15 Physical Exam and PFT1 PASSED
                          2/6/15 Background Released to IA
                          2/18/15 VBT/SI (Tampa) PASSED
                          4/14/15 Polygraph (Tampa)
                          4/30/15 Notified of unsuitable polygraph and removed from consideration

Comment

Sorry to hear the news, but you should apply to the opening for Immigration Enforcement Agent with ICE, it's only open until the 19th or until they obtain 1000 applications. Good luck!

Comment

• No it's not secret service it's actually a cbp examiner off of trade port by the airport I actually drove by and its cbp building but it's funny they couldn't have the interview in the same location ...

Comment

• Anybody here scheduled for FLETC on March 27?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11379 users online. 388 members and 10991 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X