300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Alexb6237 View Post
    One of the questions he said the poly wasn't getting a truthful reading. In which sucks because it was the truth but what ever he never gave me a chance to retake it or anything. For now I'm look into police dept. And see how that goes.
    Where are u located?

Comment

• I'm located in miami, when I applied for cbp I applied in the sw region hoping things would go fast

Comment

I'm located in miami, when I applied for cbp I applied in the sw region hoping things would go fast
        For how long did your examiner grill you?

Comment

I'm located in miami, when I applied for cbp I applied in the sw region hoping things would go fast
          Going LEO in Florida is no bargain either. I paid my own way through a police academy with no guarantee of a job on the other end. I was lucky enough to get a job 3 months after graduating. I know of others who never got a job offer. That's over $5000 in tuition and 6 months down the drain for them.

I think Miami Metro has their own academy though right? Is that where you are looking?

I'm up in Brevard and worked with Melbourne PD for a little while.
          Florida/Caribbean 14-2 -- GS-07

07/14 Applied to Florida/Caribbean 14-2
          08/14 Notified: qualification to take exam
          09/13/14 Written exam
          10/31/14 NOR 100 (No Vet Points)
          1/9/15 Notice of TS / Grade:GS-07
          2/4/15 Physical Exam and PFT1 PASSED
          2/6/15 Background Released to IA
          2/18/15 VBT/SI (Tampa) PASSED
          4/14/15 Polygraph (Tampa)
          4/30/15 Notified of unsuitable polygraph and removed from consideration

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike924 View Post
            Going LEO in Florida is no bargain either. I paid my own way through a police academy with no guarantee of a job on the other end. I was lucky enough to get a job 3 months after graduating. I know of others who never got a job offer. That's over $5000 in tuition and 6 months down the drain for them.

I think Miami Metro has their own academy though right? Is that where you are looking?

I'm up in Brevard and worked with Melbourne PD for a little while.
            Yeah I get you. and yeah miami metro which is known now as miami dade police just started hiring last week for non cert. And yeah they have their own academy. So let's see how it goes. Says starting pay is at 50k for non cert.

Comment

Well it's finally official I didn't make it through the poly. After all this time and working hard through this I didn't make it. Guess i'ma have to wait another 3 years. Good luck to everyone else!!
              In your notice they should have cited a specific reason(s) why they were withdrawing your offer. They should have also included procedures to appeal if it was available in your case. You can have your offer rescinded for the polygraph portion of the application process, but it may not necessarily be for specifically failing the polygraph itself (i.e. They didn't like an answer you provided to the examiner during the pre-polygraph interview, but you were found 100% truthful during the poly itself). If possible, and you want the job bad enough, file an appeal. It can't hurt you but you never know, it may help you!

Comment

• Looking for some insight. Going to my EOD in San Francisco Int. Airport on March 9th. Will be staying in California for a month until I go to FLETC on April 7th. Anyone Starting FLETC on the same date? Also are there any San Francisco Applicants on the forum shoot me a msg. I've been trying to solve the problem of Costly living in SF, and would be great to talk to anyone for some insights or ideas of what other CBPO's have negotiated this transition. Feel Free to msg me or reply to the board. Best of Luck to everyone..
                Job Announcement Number: CBPO 13-1
                Pay Plan: GS 1895 -GS5
                Geo Location: Florida - changed to West Coast
                Test Date: 9/27/13
                NOR Results: 10/28/13 - passed
                Region Change: 2/21/14
                Tentative Selection : 3/31/14
                Medical Exm/Pft1 : 5/6/14 - passed
                Structured Intv./VBT : 7/17/14 - results: 8/01/14 passed
                CBPO TSL-packet: 8/22/14
                Polygraph: 11/19/14 passed
                NOPA: 01/20/15 passed
                BI: at Security Office : 8/28/14 passed
                Drug test: 02/06/15
                PFT2: 3/6/15

Comment

• Originally posted by 66Pony View Post
                  In your notice they should have cited a specific reason(s) why they were withdrawing your offer. They should have also included procedures to appeal if it was available in your case. You can have your offer rescinded for the polygraph portion of the application process, but it may not necessarily be for specifically failing the polygraph itself (i.e. They didn't like an answer you provided to the examiner during the pre-polygraph interview, but you were found 100% truthful during the poly itself). If possible, and you want the job bad enough, file an appeal. It can't hurt you but you never know, it may help you!
                  Before the poly starts thery make you signed an agreement of not being able to appeal so in other words, you or anybody can't appeal

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisarias1987 View Post
                    Before the poly starts thery make you signed an agreement of not being able to appeal so in other words, you or anybody can't appeal
                    Oh well good to know. Saves their behinds from a lot.

07/23/14 Applied to Central East Coast 14-2
                    09/21/14 Written exam
                    11/18/14 Notice of TS
                    11/21/14 TSL packet received
                    12/17/14 PFT1/MED
                    01/06/15 VBT/SI
                    02/25/15 poly (@ JFK)

Comment

Sorry, whomever told you that is not being very straight forward. If you signed something that you thought said that, you misunderstood it. The appeals process is Federal law with the particular title referenced in your notice.
                      Last edited by 66Pony; 02-17-2015, 09:35 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                        Are you dealing with a NOPA?

Any MJ use within the last three years is probably problematic. Depending of the frequency and the time frame involved, other use might be problematic. Most experimental use during the teen years probably isn't a career-killer.

Depending on circumstance...you might have a unavoidable short-term disqualification. Most short-term blockages become less relevant as time passes and a person(hopefully) gains a bit more experience and maturity. Sometimes people simply have done way too much and/or for far too long. They're toast.
                        Yea I received a letter, nopa i believe, about my marijuana use that occurred in 2006-2008 and I was thinking they just want further explanation and clarification since this occurred like 7 years ago lol. Is this pretty standard or am i for sure done? Im thinking if they wanted to automatically disqualified me they would have just told me hehe. what do you think.

Comment

• Originally posted by 66Pony View Post
                          Sorry, whomever told you that is not being very straight forward. If you signed something that you thought said that, you misunderstood it. The appeals process is Federal law with the particular title referenced in your notice.
                          If you don't want to sign it, that's good, but they don't do the poly on you. They put it as simple as that. It's your choice. They just want to save their behinds. Unfortunately, That's the way they do it. It's not fair

Comment

For how long did your examiner grill you?
                            Did didn't grill me for anything. It only took like 3.5 hours. The guy I swear acted like the nicest guy on earth lol. Like man we could of been friends lol. But I know that's their job to make u feel comfortable. More open to them. But he asked me everything 3 times. And that's about it at the end gave me some time to see if I wanted to admit to anything and I told him there's nothing to admit to. So he sent me on my way. But what ever. I knew the poly was gonna be an issue it's always been an issue once they started implementing it. And I know alot of ppl I work with that have gotten failed. Even heard a few issues with some polygraphers that got removed because they were failing all TSA applicants. I'm not gonna say that was the issue with me but what ever. I gave it my all.

Comment

Did didn't grill me for anything. It only took like 3.5 hours. The guy I swear acted like the nicest guy on earth lol. Like man we could of been friends lol. But I know that's their job to make u feel comfortable. More open to them. But he asked me everything 3 times. And that's about it at the end gave me some time to see if I wanted to admit to anything and I told him there's nothing to admit to. So he sent me on my way. But what ever. I knew the poly was gonna be an issue it's always been an issue once they started implementing it. And I know alot of ppl I work with that have gotten failed. Even heard a few issues with some polygraphers that got removed because they were failing all TSA applicants. I'm not gonna say that was the issue with me but what ever. I gave it my all.
                              It's sad but I guess not everyone can pass right. Thanks for your advice and continue with that positive attitude.

07/23/14 Applied to Central East Coast 14-2
                              09/21/14 Written exam
                              11/18/14 Notice of TS
                              11/21/14 TSL packet received
                              12/17/14 PFT1/MED
                              01/06/15 VBT/SI
                              02/25/15 poly (@ JFK)

Comment

Why would they want to fail all TSA applicants? In my opinion, that should be a plus.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10097 users online. 370 members and 9727 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X