300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SolidSnoopy View Post
    all polygraphs are reviewed by quality control who make the final determination (whether or not the examiner said you passed or failed). However, i think that if your examiner said you failed, theres a pretty good chance you either failed or it will come back inconclusive and you will have to go back again to re-test.
    Agree. My examiner told me he was going to write his report and send it to quality control. Even though he told me I passed, he said QC had to review poly and agree with his report. Your examiner's word is not the final one. Hang on RX8_VET!!! There is still hope!!! It's not the end!! DON'T worry!!

Comment

• Anyone from 14-3 get their TSL packet yet?? im still awaiting on mine, and I know the BI is gonna be the longest process of it all.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
        Yes.
        SWEET! My neighbor works for NASA as an engineer, he has it for his family and says it is only about $200 a month and the coverage is incredible. Good to hear that is an option.
        Florida/Caribbean 14-2 -- GS-07

07/14 Applied to Florida/Caribbean 14-2
        08/14 Notified: qualification to take exam
        09/13/14 Written exam
        10/31/14 NOR 100 (No Vet Points)
        1/9/15 Notice of TS / Grade:GS-07
        2/4/15 Physical Exam and PFT1 PASSED
        2/6/15 Background Released to IA
        2/18/15 VBT/SI (Tampa) PASSED
        4/14/15 Polygraph (Tampa)
        4/30/15 Notified of unsuitable polygraph and removed from consideration

Comment

• me too! sent my eqip on 9/27 nothing...

Originally posted by joshk24 View Post
          My eqip was submitted to ia on 1/6 and still no credit pulled! Story of my life with this process lol.

Comment

• If someone failed a polygraph 5 years ago, are they pretty much kept from ever working for DHS?

Comment

• Originally posted by jl692013 View Post
              If someone failed a polygraph 5 years ago, are they pretty much kept from ever working for DHS?
              No. I work for dhs and "failed" my cbp poly.

Comment

• If you don't mind me asking, what was your situation? Did you reapply to the same agency? How long after did you reapply after failing the poly? Did you take another after the failed one?

Comment

• I had a similar question about the poly itself too. If someone fails the CBP poly can you reapply and if so how long do you have to wait before you do so. ?

07/23/14 Applied to Central East Coast 14-2
                  09/21/14 Written exam
                  11/18/14 Notice of TS
                  11/21/14 TSL packet received
                  12/17/14 PFT1/MED
                  01/06/15 VBT/SI
                  02/25/15 poly (@ JFK)

Comment

• Originally posted by Steph631_ View Post
                    I had a similar question about the poly itself too. If someone fails the CBP poly can you reapply and if so how long do you have to wait before you do so. ?

If you want to apply again with CBP. You have to wait three years.

09/21/14 Written exam
                    11/18/14 Notice of TS
                    12/17/14 PFT1/MED
                    01/06/15 VBT/SI
                    02/25/15 poly (@ JFK)
                    Last edited by chrisarias1987; 02-16-2015, 02:03 PM.

Comment

• Ouch. Ok.

09/21/14 Written exam
                      11/18/14 Notice of TS
                      12/17/14 PFT1/MED
                      01/06/15 VBT/SI
                      02/25/15 poly (@ JFK)

Comment

• I have seen the 3 year ban but I have yet to see someone fail, then get allowed to poly again 3 years later and hired. A lot of people have told me this is because the 3 year ban is only banning you from applying but a failed poly will prevent from ever being hired. Have yet to confirm this, though.

Comment

• Originally posted by jl692013 View Post
                          I have seen the 3 year ban but I have yet to see someone fail, then get allowed to poly again 3 years later and hired. A lot of people have told me this is because the 3 year ban is only banning you from applying but a failed poly will prevent from ever being hired. Have yet to confirm this, though.
                          That makes sense because u can't change your background.

09/21/14 Written exam
                          11/18/14 Notice of TS
                          12/17/14 PFT1/MED
                          01/06/15 VBT/SI
                          02/25/15 poly (@ JFK)

Comment

• Yes but a lot of agencies will allow you to reapply and possibly get hired after a certain amount of time. Maybe someone who has a failed poly over 3 years and reapplied can confirm.

Comment

• Lol i dont think anyone who got hired after being slapped with a "fail" on a poly (mind the quotes) will want to say, "oh hey! yea thats me!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike924 View Post
                                If there was one quote I remember from the military it was, "suggested mandatory training."

I just want to be clear on what you are saying though. They moved retirement from 30 to 20 years, meaning you can CHOOSE to retire after 20 instead of 30, correct?
                                If you were hired after July 2008 I believe it was July, you are eligible to retire after 20 years at age 50 or after 25 years at any age. You are also subject to the mandatory retirement age of 57 unless you have a military waiver.
                                Last edited by Firebug; 02-16-2015, 03:38 PM. Reason: be more specific

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7681 users online. 332 members and 7349 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X