300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 66Pony View Post
    ... at least 12 1/2 inch extension on the sit and reach (no bouncing....
    Can you (or someone) please explain this to me. I am not flexible, so I need to get going on practicing this. How is it done/ measured. Does that mean 12.5 inches PAST your toes? Thanks in advance.
    SM3

CBPO

14-2
    Geo: Central East Coast, United States
    Grade: GS-7
    CBPO Exam: 9/16/2014
    NOR: 10/31/2014 - 110 (with Veteran's points)
    TSL: 11/18/2014
    Medical/PFT 1: 12/17/2014
    01/06/15 VBT/SI
    01/07/15 NOR for SI found "eligible"
    03/06/15 Poly- Scheduled

Good luck to everyone, this is not easy. I know good people that have not made it through the process. Let's all do our best to support and help each other through the process. I hope we all make it!

Comment

• Originally posted by SM3 View Post
      lol, I was practicing two weeks ag, and I guess I over did the sprint. I felt fine, but after sit-ups and push-ups, I pulled a hammie on the run. I thought it got better, but we just had a power outage. I was setting up my generator and pulled it again. I'm a little worried, but should be fine. Misery loves company, but we will be both be fine I'm sure. ice and stretch,... ice and stretch :-)
      Went and got some weird contraption I strap my foot with every night with ibuprofin and hoping for the best...

Comment

Can you (or someone) please explain this to me. I am not flexible, so I need to get going on practicing this. How is it done/ measured. Does that mean 12.5 inches PAST your toes? Thanks in advance.
        Lose your beer gut

Comment

Any stretch test I have ever taken has you put your feet up against a box (seated with legs flat on floor). The box has a board on top that extends over your legs...though I don't know how far up from your toes it starts. But you would have to reach 12.5 inches from wherever that board starts. Hopefully someone who has experienced this with CPB can share actual numbers with us. But no, I would highly doubt you would have to extend a foot past your toes...not even sure a gold metal gymnast could do that lol
          Florida/Caribbean 14-2 -- GS-07

07/14 Applied to Florida/Caribbean 14-2
          08/14 Notified: qualification to take exam
          09/13/14 Written exam
          10/31/14 NOR 100 (No Vet Points)
          1/9/15 Notice of TS / Grade:GS-07
          2/4/15 Physical Exam and PFT1 PASSED
          2/6/15 Background Released to IA
          2/18/15 VBT/SI (Tampa) PASSED
          4/14/15 Polygraph (Tampa)
          4/30/15 Notified of unsuitable polygraph and removed from consideration

Comment

• Originally posted by abejjani View Post
            Lose your beer gut
            No way, I quit

09/13/14 Written exam

Comment

• Originally posted by abejjani View Post
              Lose your beer gut
              I wish it was from beer,... and I'm working on it.
              SM3

CBPO

14-2
              01/06/15 VBT/SI
              03/06/15 Poly- Scheduled

Good luck to everyone, this is not easy. I know good people that have not made it through the process. Let's all do our best to support and help each other through the process. I hope we all make it!

Comment

I wish it was from beer,... and I'm working on it.
                Hey SM;

I have my VBT/SI on Wednesday. I spent 8 years in the Army Reserve and spent a little time as a LEO.
                I figured you could relate to me since you were military.
                Generally (I know you can't give specifics cause of confidentiality) how did you find the situations and questions to be? How did you measure your answers? I figure it might be a little difficult to answer strictly with customer service in mind, and not really try to put down a volatile situation. I assume they are looking for you to talk down a situation and not go directly to appropriate, matching force.
                Just really wondering if you had to consciously take this into account during the test.

Also, if your answer is completed quickly, are you stuck there staring at a screen until they move on to the next scenario? That is probably what freaks me out the most.

09/13/14 Written exam

Comment

• To any current employees or someone who knows;

Does CBP offer the GEHA health insurance plan?

09/13/14 Written exam

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike924 View Post
                    Hey SM;

I have my VBT/SI on Wednesday. I spent 8 years in the Army Reserve and spent a little time as a LEO.
                    I figured you could relate to me since you were military.
                    Generally (I know you can't give specifics cause of confidentiality) how did you find the situations and questions to be? How did you measure your answers? I figure it might be a little difficult to answer strictly with customer service in mind, and not really try to put down a volatile situation. I assume they are looking for you to talk down a situation and not go directly to appropriate, matching force.
                    Just really wondering if you had to consciously take this into account during the test.

Also, if your answer is completed quickly, are you stuck there staring at a screen until they move on to the next scenario? That is probably what freaks me out the most.
                    Yeah I found it weird. Practice pausing your t and talking to it. I only had a bunch of extra time once, but even the little bit of time on the others was weird and awkward. While it was weird, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. It's hard to describe. However, yes, keep customer service in mind. I know a few people that haven't passed and they all had security or LEO backgrounds (not to scare you). I know one guy that contested his results and got a call later. he was told that while everything he said may have been technically correct for law enforcement they graded on areas of personality and his reviewers felt that he failed in 1 or more of those areas. Don't worry about law enforcement just let your personality come through. I'm guessing you want to serve others, are helpful and compassionate (based on what I know of your carrier choices and posts here). Just let that come through, and I'll see you at FLETC!
                    SM3

CBPO

14-2
                    01/06/15 VBT/SI
                    03/06/15 Poly- Scheduled

Comment

• Have a question took my Poly last week felt good about it, but the interrogator, told me I failed at the end of it. He got kind of in my face about me having lied about one of the questions, I told him didn't lie and stuck to my guns. He then told me that my test would go to adjucation and quality control. He also asked me if I would mind coming back for another test or if I minded if he performed my other test, I said no because I have nothing to hide. My question is if he says i failed why would my test go up to quality control and why would he ask if i would mind doing another test? I figured since I failed i would just get DQ'ed? Any one have a similar experience??

Comment

Yeah I found it weird. Practice pausing your t and talking to it. I only had a bunch of extra time once, but even the little bit of time on the others was weird and awkward. While it was weird, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. It's hard to describe. However, yes, keep customer service in mind. I know a few people that haven't passed and they all had security or LEO backgrounds (not to scare you). I know one guy that contested his results and got a call later. he was told that while everything he said may have been technically correct for law enforcement they graded on areas of personality and his reviewers felt that he failed in 1 or more of those areas. Don't worry about law enforcement just let your personality come through. I'm guessing you want to serve others, are helpful and compassionate (based on what I know of your carrier choices and posts here). Just let that come through, and I'll see you at FLETC!
                        Alright, cool. Thanks for the info. I will try to win all battles with charm, not harm! Will just have to sweat it out looking at a stopped screen after completing my responses.

09/13/14 Written exam

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike924 View Post
                          To any current employees or someone who knows;

Does CBP offer the GEHA health insurance plan?
                          Yes.

Comment

• Originally posted by RX8_Vet View Post
                            Have a question took my Poly last week felt good about it, but the interrogator, told me I failed at the end of it. He got kind of in my face about me having lied about one of the questions, I told him didn't lie and stuck to my guns. He then told me that my test would go to adjucation and quality control. He also asked me if I would mind coming back for another test or if I minded if he performed my other test, I said no because I have nothing to hide. My question is if he says i failed why would my test go up to quality control and why would he ask if i would mind doing another test? I figured since I failed i would just get DQ'ed? Any one have a similar experience??
                            all polygraphs are reviewed by quality control who make the final determination (whether or not the examiner said you passed or failed). However, i think that if your examiner said you failed, theres a pretty good chance you either failed or it will come back inconclusive and you will have to go back again to re-test.
                            Geo: West Coast
                            Applicant Group: 13-1
                            NOR: 10/28/13 85%
                            TSL: 12/16/13
                            PFT1/Medical: ~1/10/14
                            eQIP completed: 2/13/14
                            VBT/SI: 3/17/14
                            eQIP to IA: 3/19/14
                            Poly: 10/22/14 (inconclusive) / 12/4/14 (passed)
                            Meet with BI: 12/19/14 - 01/07/15 (met him 3 times)
                            Clear BI: 2/24/15
                            Drug Test: 3/4/15
                            The Call: 3/2/15
                            PFT2: 3/18/15
                            EOD: 3/30/15

Comment

1st- thank you for asking her and relying. 2nd- I am great at calculating retirements :-). 3rd I guess, being so complicated, I will rephrase the question. If I enter on an age waiver, and don't have 20 years at age 57, somehow, I will still be able to get a retirement (whether it's extra years I get to serve, a make-up provision, a proportioned retirement, or whatever), right? I will not have to forfeit retirement, just figure out what they want me to do to get it and how it is changed?
                              Yes, you can indeed be employed past 57 (due to entry on a waiver). Where it got complicated was the percentage penalty incurred for an early retirement, what year you were born (yes sounds crazy but it matters until a certain year, sometime around 1970 or '75 IIRC what she told me). I too am an age waiver hire, but I will be able to retire in another 6 years (at 25 years with my GS12 as my high three). Most importantly, make sure you buy back your military time!

Comment

Mike924 described exactly what it is in his "box" description. To increase your flexibility I'd strongly urge working on your abs (less gut is better!), and your lower back. Do sitting toe touches with someone to help. Rest your feet flat against a step or something you can put pressure against with your feet. After you've reached as far as you can, have them GENTLY apply pressure on your shoulders. Use extreme caution and advise them to stop when you say and let up when you say. Don't do it to where it's painful, it's not something you're trying to man up and gut out the pain. You can very easily pull a muscle in your lower back. Don't hold it for more than 30 secs at a time. Several reps a day will help limber that lower back up. Remember, all you're trying to do is loosen up. No pain, no gain DOES NOT apply here! A trainer may be able to offer other exercises or tips to help.

p.s. No, it doesn't mean 12 1/2 inches past your toes, it's measured on a scale on the box.
                                Last edited by 66Pony; 02-15-2015, 09:08 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7562 users online. 408 members and 7154 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X