Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by borrada View Post
    Yes, stick to your answers.. Be extra sure you answer everything the same... It's a very repetitive process... Also, if you feel you have some concerns before you start poly, make it known to your examiner so he/she won't be surprised when they ask about it.. I felt my examiner explained everything question very well as well as each part of the testing phase... I had a good experience... I have to say that I did go in there a bit nervous because of the bad comments people post, but after my examiner explained phase by phase of the process it wasn't bad at all. Just don't show your nervous or act suspicious of anything... I know it's hard because every interview or test gives everyone some anxiety... Just sit back and RELAX through the process!!! Hope this helps
    Thanks. Gotcha. Thanks thanks thanks. So much weight off my shoulders.


    07/23/14 Applied to Central East Coast 14-2
    09/21/14 Written exam
    10/31/14 NOR passed with 84
    11/18/14 Notice of TS
    11/21/14 TSL packet received
    12/03/14 Email/Call for PFT1/MED
    12/17/14 PFT1/MED
    12/17/14 Email for VBT/SI
    01/06/15 VBT/SI
    02/25/15 poly (@ JFK)

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Steph631_ View Post
      Thanks. Gotcha. Thanks thanks thanks. So much weight off my shoulders.


      07/23/14 Applied to Central East Coast 14-2
      09/21/14 Written exam
      10/31/14 NOR passed with 84
      11/18/14 Notice of TS
      11/21/14 TSL packet received
      12/03/14 Email/Call for PFT1/MED
      12/17/14 PFT1/MED
      12/17/14 Email for VBT/SI
      01/06/15 VBT/SI
      02/25/15 poly (@ JFK)
      Wish you luck on 02/25 bro


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Nvan86 View Post
        Wish you luck on 02/25 bro


        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        The ask. But I'm a sis lol


        07/23/14 Applied to Central East Coast 14-2
        09/21/14 Written exam
        11/18/14 Notice of TS
        11/21/14 TSL packet received
        12/17/14 PFT1/MED
        01/06/15 VBT/SI
        02/25/15 poly (@ JFK)

        Comment


        • Originally posted by borrada View Post
          Yes, stick to your answers.. Be extra sure you answer everything the same... It's a very repetitive process... Also, if you feel you have some concerns before you start poly, make it known to your examiner so he/she won't be surprised when they ask about it.. I felt my examiner explained everything question very well as well as each part of the testing phase... I had a good experience... I have to say that I did go in there a bit nervous because of the bad comments people post, but after my examiner explained phase by phase of the process it wasn't bad at all. Just don't show your nervous or act suspicious of anything... I know it's hard because every interview or test gives everyone some anxiety... Just sit back and RELAX through the process!!! Hope this helps
          Thank you, I'm really happy for you. I hope next Thursday to be posting great news about my poly.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by chrisarias1987 View Post
            Thank you, I'm really happy for you. I hope next Thursday to be posting great news about my poly.
            You'll do GREAT!! DON'T worry!! Good luck!!

            Comment


            • Originally posted by borrada View Post
              You'll do GREAT!! DON'T worry!! Good luck!!
              Thanks

              Comment


              • Originally posted by chrisarias1987 View Post
                Thanks
                When and where is your poly again?


                I think people who have nothing bad on their background fail because their minds probably start wander and think about stuff that makes them nervous.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by GH1187 View Post
                  When and where is your poly again?


                  I think people who have nothing bad on their background fail because their minds probably start wander and think about stuff that makes them nervous.
                  I think that with all the horror stories and not enough positive stories we over think stuff and go in super nervous. Most of us if not all really want this job and have done so much to get to the dreaded poly. It's so close but so far at that step. But I'm trying not to over think it and just go in there positive


                  07/23/14 Applied to Central East Coast 14-2
                  09/21/14 Written exam
                  11/18/14 Notice of TS
                  11/21/14 TSL packet received
                  12/17/14 PFT1/MED
                  01/06/15 VBT/SI
                  02/25/15 poly (@ JFK)

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Umcdoj1 View Post
                    Let me ask you...have you ever taken a poly that was required for a national security position? I wouldn't be so swift to judge people who "fail" as all having "screwed up backgrounds". There's a lot going on in your head and your body during the process.

                    Personally, the poly is just another step in the process for me, just like the VBT/SI. People fail, people pass, its just another step in the pre-employment process. Just keep a level head and be honest.
                    If you are made for the job you will get through if you got something to hide then you will fail. Clear head or not . if you are trying to hide the truth then you will be more preoccupied doing that which will show up on the poly... As everybody said just be honest and stick to one story because changing stories will be misinterpreted... I am not judging anyone and actually all I care about is pass mine and get my behind in Georgia...

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by GH1187 View Post
                      When and where is your poly again?


                      I think people who have nothing bad on their background fail because their minds probably start wander and think about stuff that makes them nervous.
                      PA, February 19 how about u?

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by 66Pony View Post
                        The CBPO position is currently a GS5/7/9/11/12. What that means is that you are non competitively (automatically), promoted to the next higher pay grade at the end of each year of your service. If you are hired as a GS5 then next year from your date of hire you are promoted to a GS7. This continues until you max out at GS12. Anything higher is generally a competitive position.
                        Does first year (toward your first promotion) start your 1st day, or your 1st day after FLETC? Thanks.
                        SM3

                        CBPO

                        14-2
                        Geo: Central East Coast, United States
                        Grade: GS-7
                        CBPO Exam: 9/16/2014
                        NOR: 10/31/2014 - 110 (with Veteran's points)
                        TSL: 11/18/2014
                        Medical/PFT 1: 12/17/2014
                        01/06/15 VBT/SI
                        01/07/15 NOR for SI found "eligible"
                        03/06/15 Poly- Scheduled

                        Good luck to everyone, this is not easy. I know good people that have not made it through the process. Let's all do our best to support and help each other through the process. I hope we all make it!

                        Comment


                        • Anyone who is nervous and doesn't want to take the poly, I do have an alternative for you. PM me, I'll give you my name, call HQ, and request your process be switched with mine so I can be at the poly already

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by SM3 View Post
                            Does first year (toward your first promotion) start your 1st day, or your 1st day after FLETC? Thanks.
                            It starts on your EOD date (EOD= Entry On Duty which is the day you officially start).

                            Comment


                            • BI is in progress, taking the poly soon

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by allen2470 View Post
                                BI is in progress, taking the poly soon
                                Best of luck!!!

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 9958 users online. 378 members and 9580 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X