12/03/14 Email/Call for PFT1/MED
    12/17/14 PFT1/MED
    12/17/14 Email for VBT/SI
    01/05/14 Email of passing PFT1
    01/06/15 VBT/SI
    01/07/15 NOR for SI found "eligible"

Comment

• Originally posted by SolidSnoopy View Post
      Some of the polygraphers are not local to your area and travel to different ports to conduct the polygraphs. In those cases, they may not have a formal federal office. My first polygraph was in a pretty random place.

You can practice the polygraph by sitting in a chair and staring at a wall completely motionless for a whole day. Good Luck!
      That's what I figured... I'll be sitting practicing that dead stare!!! Lol. Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Steph631_ View Post
        Idk if u would want that rush hr traffic though lol. And the airport craziness too [emoji23]

07/23/14 Applied to Central East Coast 14-2
        09/21/14 Written exam
        10/31/14 NOR passed with 84
        11/18/14 Notice of TS
        11/21/14 TSL packet received
        12/03/14 Email/Call for PFT1/MED
        12/17/14 PFT1/MED
        12/17/14 Email for VBT/SI
        01/05/14 Email of passing PFT1
        01/06/15 VBT/SI
        Ehhh i already live in that rush hour traffic, im from queens

Comment

• Originally posted by GH1187 View Post
          I wish they would have gave me JFK lol wonder if there is any reason for sending me over to PA
          Me too, I have to go to PA for poly

Comment

• Medical Exam went green lit today. So far im green lit on Structured interview,Medical and Fitness. Background is in the security office

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisarias1987 View Post
              Me too, I have to go to PA for poly
              Good luck!!

Comment

• Originally posted by borrada View Post
                Good luck!!
                Thank you, for you too

Comment

• CBPOs are paid on the standard GS pay scale.

The differences between the two are only relevant to a CBPO for the first two - three years.
                  The "law enforcement" pay scale ends at the GS-10 level. Any level above reverts to the standard GS pay scale. Only CBPO's at the 05, 07 and 09 levels would see a difference.

The position journeyman is GS-12.

All overtime is 2X base pay. Holiday pay is 100% differential. Sunday pay is 50% differential.. Midnight pay is 20% differential. Evening pay is 15% differential.

Don't count on seeing much for overtime. In many locations, it's not all that available.
                  Last edited by merlin436; 02-11-2015, 02:18 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by GH1187 View Post
                    That's not the LEO pay out, those rates are for regular GS5 workers. This is the website you want to visit https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-over...%20(LEO)_h.pdf
                    Disregard- Wow that's a game changer. I've been calculating off the regular GS charts, so that makes the base higher, but I was told by guys working there that all OT was double time (max. of 30k/yr), so that is lower. I made a set of tables with base in different localities and calculated how much with the 30k OT and how many hours of OT to get there at each grade. Now I see on the LEO chart that OT rates go down as you go up in pay, so to top out I'd need way more OT than planned. Better to know now I guess. Thanks. Do you have a link to all the localities for LEO pay? Thanks again. Disregard, saw some more responses after I wrote this. Maybe next time I'll refresh first :-)
                    Last edited by SM3; 02-10-2015, 11:20 PM. Reason: Saw some updates after posting
                    SM3

CBPO

14-2
                    Geo: Central East Coast, United States
                    Grade: GS-7
                    CBPO Exam: 9/16/2014
                    NOR: 10/31/2014 - 110 (with Veteran's points)
                    TSL: 11/18/2014
                    Medical/PFT 1: 12/17/2014
                    01/06/15 VBT/SI
                    03/06/15 Poly- Scheduled

Good luck to everyone, this is not easy. I know good people that have not made it through the process. Let's all do our best to support and help each other through the process. I hope we all make it!

Comment

• In the process (Polygraph is March 4th), was thinking about taking the GRE and getting my masters in a related field. Do they encourage that? Would that help promotions down the line? Is it easy to move to different "types" of jobs with in the agency, or is it just scanning passports all the time?

Comment

• Originally posted by allen2470 View Post
                        In the process (Polygraph is March 4th), was thinking about taking the GRE and getting my masters in a related field. Do they encourage that? Would that help promotions down the line? Is it easy to move to different "types" of jobs with in the agency, or is it just scanning passports all the time?
                        If you want to climb the ranks you will need a master's at some point, don't know after which Though.

Comment

• Originally posted by allen2470 View Post
                          In the process (Polygraph is March 4th), was thinking about taking the GRE and getting my masters in a related field. Do they encourage that? Would that help promotions down the line? Is it easy to move to different "types" of jobs with in the agency, or is it just scanning passports all the time?
                          Good luck with Poly!! As far as obtaining a Masters Degree, it's the best route.. I qualified to start as a GS7 with my MED, finished right before I applied... I was also told that if a CBPO wanted to apply for a supervisory position, not having a Masters Degree would keep them from doing so and they do encourage it... It would definitely help with promotions. As far as a GRE, I was told you didn't need one... The Master Degree suffices..

Comment

• Originally posted by SM3 View Post
                            Disregard- Wow that's a game changer. I've been calculating off the regular GS charts, so that makes the base higher, but I was told by guys working there that all OT was double time (max. of 30k/yr), so that is lower. I made a set of tables with base in different localities and calculated how much with the 30k OT and how many hours of OT to get there at each grade. Now I see on the LEO chart that OT rates go down as you go up in pay, so to top out I'd need way more OT than planned. Better to know now I guess. Thanks. Do you have a link to all the localities for LEO pay? Thanks again. Disregard, saw some more responses after I wrote this. Maybe next time I'll refresh first :-)

The current cap for all premium pay, including overtime, is 35K.

As I said earlier, don't plan on seeing much for overtime or premium pay. Especially, absolutely and without a doubt do not plan on coming close to capping out.
                            Any pay above base pay is highly dependent on circumstance and location. Sometimes it's there...and often it's not.

Comment

• Merlin is correct don't assume you will be making a certain amount of OT or shift differential. Im in Long Beach, CA GS 12 step 05, for $88, 613 salary for the locality. I work nights 20% diff and Sundays 15% diff, that adds about $20k on top of the salary. That is without including any OT which is minimal in my section at my port. Here is the OPM Pay scale (not LEO) that is used. http://www.opm.gov/policy-data-overs...eral-schedule/ A GS 5 step 1 in Los Angeles is $35,582 $17.05hr, if you work OT its double rate $17.05 x 2 = $34.10hr. Once again don't account or assume you will work OT, unless you work in a high OT port.

Comment

• Originally posted by borrada View Post
                                Good luck with Poly!! As far as obtaining a Masters Degree, it's the best route.. I qualified to start as a GS7 with my MED, finished right before I applied... I was also told that if a CBPO wanted to apply for a supervisory position, not having a Masters Degree would keep them from doing so and they do encourage it... It would definitely help with promotions. As far as a GRE, I was told you didn't need one... The Master Degree suffices..
                                The GRE, the graduate record examinations... is a test that some schools require one to take prior to his/her application to graduate school. Some master degree programs require the GRE, some do not.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10706 users online. 378 members and 10328 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X