300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JRizEJ6 View Post
    WAHOOO! i got my pre-employment forms today! im so happy got a question though. they only gave me until the 30th to turn everything in which is about two weeks from today. is it normally that short? i was thinking maybe a month or so but less than two weeks?
    Yep, usually two weeks so if you don't return them they can move on. Really shouldn't take you that long. Just take a day and work on them.

Comment

• Is the wait time for PRK eye surgery a year or 3 months? I heard people said 3 months and others said 1 year...I hope its 3 months because PRK is safer than Lasik.

Comment

• Is the wait time for PRK eye surgery a year or 3 months? I heard people said 3 months and others said 1 year...I hope its 3 months because PRK is safer than Lasik.

Comment

• Got my VBT on Nov. 5th. I realize that it's definitely a different format than a traditional interview. Stressful or no?
          Last edited by DaBonk112; 10-19-2008, 05:01 AM. Reason: wrong date posted
          CBPO- Hawaii
          Written: 07/31/08
          TO: 09/23/08
          Pre-employment Forms: Completed 10/09/08
          Medical: Completed (11/12/08)
          Drug Test: Completed (11/13/08)
          Fitness: Completed (10/15/08)
          VBT: Completed (11/20/08)
          BI: Completed (2/19/09)
          Qualifications: GS7 (3/13/09)
          Referred to TSU: 3/13/09

IEA
          TO: 11/4/08

Comment

• Originally posted by DaBonk112 View Post
            Got my VBT on Nov. 5th. I realize that it's definitely a different format than a traditional interview. Stressful or no?
            I hope not. From what I have read on this message board, all you need is common sense. I also hope I am getting one soon, I took my test on Aug 21 and got my TO on Sept. 23 and just finished my medical and fitness last week. Anyone with a similar time line got their VBT yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by s0lid snake View Post
              I hope not. From what I have read on this message board, all you need is common sense. I also hope I am getting one soon, I took my test on Aug 21 and got my TO on Sept. 23 and just finished my medical and fitness last week. Anyone with a similar time line got their VBT yet?
              I have same timeline except I tested in July. Expecting sometime soon to be scheduled.

Comment

• Hey guys, this question has probably been answered already but I could not find the answer on the previous threads. Which pay table does CBPO falls on General or Law enforcement ?

Comment

• Originally posted by DACP_BU View Post
                  Hey guys, this question has probably been answered already but I could not find the answer on the previous threads. Which pay table does CBPO falls on General or Law enforcement ?
                  We are GS, not GL.

Comment

• Originally posted by audi0xpl0de View Post
                    I have same timeline except I tested in July. Expecting sometime soon to be scheduled.
                    Most of the August testers are basically at this point. I just know of the few posters here (seem to be the guy out of Hawaii and some LA/LB applicants) have gotten their VBT scheduled. I'm scared that I will be the last to be scheduled since I'm somewhat far away from any PoE. The lady at the staffing unit told me no big deal though, I mean that is the advantage with a Video test. You can do it anywhere you can stick a camera on a tripod basically.
                    "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• Thanks jwm0516!!!

Comment

• What is the policy on facial hair? Only reason I ask I saw a video with a CBPO with a beard. I don't mind it....

Comment

• Lasik, Lasek, RK, PRK, Surgery

Originally posted by s0lid snake View Post
                          Is the wait time for PRK eye surgery a year or 3 months? I heard people said 3 months and others said 1 year...I hope its 3 months because PRK is safer than Lasik.
                          Solid,

I went through that. I took my eye exam with that machine with the circles 10 days after Lasek. I couldn't see very well yet either. I swore that I could see the breaks in the little circles but I was consistantly wrong. Anyway....They were nice enough to let me take a regular exam with a regular chart a few days later after I stressed to them how important this was to my potential employment.

I still have my forms from the Medical Unit so I looked it up for you. You will only have to wait the 3 month period for PRK. RK is the only surgery that has to wait a year.

No stress. If you are like me....you were freaking out just like I did when I thought that I might have to wait another whole year.

Comment

• Forms Question

I sent my forms in a couple weeks ago and have since passed the fitness test. while cleaning up, i realized i only sent in the gs7 qualification and not the gs5 qualification. should i overnight this? should i call? or am i flat out screwed if the dont give me gs7? thanks a lot in advance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pawn922 View Post
                              Solid,

I went through that. I took my eye exam with that machine with the circles 10 days after Lasek. I couldn't see very well yet either. I swore that I could see the breaks in the little circles but I was consistantly wrong. Anyway....They were nice enough to let me take a regular exam with a regular chart a few days later after I stressed to them how important this was to my potential employment.

I still have my forms from the Medical Unit so I looked it up for you. You will only have to wait the 3 month period for PRK. RK is the only surgery that has to wait a year.

No stress. If you are like me....you were freaking out just like I did when I thought that I might have to wait another whole year.

Thank you so much! I feel so much better now. I wish the medical place i went to was that nice. The nurse there refuses to let me retake the vision test and I don't know why. I hope the medical unit understands and let me retake my vision test after my eyes are fully healed. Thanks again!

Comment

• Originally posted by tigersin2009 View Post
                                I sent my forms in a couple weeks ago and have since passed the fitness test. while cleaning up, i realized i only sent in the gs7 qualification and not the gs5 qualification. should i overnight this? should i call? or am i flat out screwed if the dont give me gs7? thanks a lot in advance.

You should definitely call them about it. I am not sure, but I think they don't check qualifications until near the end? My qualifications are still pending but my forms are cleared.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9418 users online. 320 members and 9098 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X