Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10 minutes in between is beautiful.. game changer lol I hope it's not different for each testing place

Comment

• 13-3 applicant here... Just started my application a month ago... Reason being is that I just came back from deployment so my app was on hold. Anyways I've already done my Eqip, medical, pft 1 and I already have my SI/VBT scheduled for the end of this month. I would like to know if anyone from the NYC area has gone through the process recently and where exactly did they go for their poly? Im a little nervous because I just got accepted to corrections in NYC. The academy starts March 5th so it's going to be tough to ask for a day off during the academy to do the poly. Didn't want to turn down corrections because I don't want to stay empty handed. Thanks for your inputs!

Comment

• Anyone else having trouble scheduling their medical? I have called countless times and no one answers. I got a email stating i have till tomorrow to get it scheduled or my request will be dropped

Comment

• Originally posted by Umcdoj1 View Post
          Anyone else having trouble scheduling their medical? I have called countless times and no one answers. I got a email stating i have till tomorrow to get it scheduled or my request will be dropped
          I was having the same problem. Eventually I was connected with a person after about 25 minutes on hold.

Comment

Anyone else having trouble scheduling their medical? I have called countless times and no one answers. I got a email stating i have till tomorrow to get it scheduled or my request will be dropped
            Email or try to contact your case manager. A couple of guys up further in the thread had the same problem they tried early in the morning 8 am eastern time. But first contact you case manager to at least get an extension...

Comment

• Originally posted by abejjani View Post
              Email or try to contact your case manager. A couple of guys up further in the thread had the same problem they tried early in the morning 8 am eastern time. But first contact you case manager to at least get an extension...
              I left a voicemail this morning and ill give my manager a call for an extension. Thanks for the advice!

Comment

• Does anyone know if new hires could apply to new CBP announcements after you finish FLETC? I'm asking because I had to switch my location but speculating they'll be hiring in my desired region in the future...
                CBPO: GS-5
                Geo: SW
                Tested: Sep '13
                NOR (79): Oct 28th '13 // Geo changed to SW: Feb 20th '14
                Medical/PFT1 passed: Apr 18th '14 // VBT/SI passed: May 25th '14
                Equip sent: Jun 6th '14 // NOPA: Aug 5th '14
                Poly: Oct 22nd '14 // Met with BI: Dec 18th '14
                The Call: Mar 3rd '15 // Drug Test: Mar 6th '15
                BI Cleared: Mar 3rd '15 // PFT 2: Mar 18th '15
                EOD: Mar 30th '15 // FLETC: 4/23-8/27 '15

Comment

• Originally posted by YoungCBPOApplicant View Post
                  Does anyone know if new hires could apply to new CBP announcements after you finish FLETC? I'm asking because I had to switch my location but speculating they'll be hiring in my desired region in the future...
                  I thought you could port swap with other CBPOs at different locations?

Comment

• I took the PFT2 last Friday (2/6/15). When do I expect CBP to send me the final EOD letter and offer, and where/when to report for EOD on 2/23/15?
                    Last edited by geek4life; 02-09-2015, 02:41 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by YoungCBPOApplicant View Post
                      Does anyone know if new hires could apply to new CBP announcements after you finish FLETC? I'm asking because I had to switch my location but speculating they'll be hiring in my desired region in the future...
                      I've read current CBPO's have reapplied to new openings and some of them have swapped also... As far as new hire's, I know they have 1 year probation... Not sure if they have to commit to their assigned port before they are allowed to re-apply or swap... Best bet is to contact MHC just to inquire. Hope this helps.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steph631_ View Post
                        No I would never lol. Hope is what keeps us all going. So keep hope alive [emoji23]. I didn't think I'd be this far in the process myself. Poly seems to be delaying me though [emoji31]

07/23/14 Applied to Central East Coast 14-2
                        09/21/14 Written exam
                        10/31/14 NOR passed with 84
                        11/18/14 Notice of TS
                        11/21/14 TSL packet received
                        12/03/14 Email/Call for PFT1/MED
                        12/17/14 PFT1/MED
                        12/17/14 Email for VBT/SI
                        01/05/14 Email of passing PFT1
                        01/06/15 VBT/SI
                        01/07/15 NOR for SI found "eligible"
                        You'll get the call sooner than you think.. You're just a step away.. Just RELAX!!! This process can be sooooo NERVE WRECKING😖

Comment

When I scheduled mine I was calling with both hands, one from my home phone, one from my cell.phone until someone picked up.
                          SM3

CBPO

14-2
                          Geo: Central East Coast, United States
                          Grade: GS-7
                          CBPO Exam: 9/16/2014
                          NOR: 10/31/2014 - 110 (with Veteran's points)
                          TSL: 11/18/2014
                          Medical/PFT 1: 12/17/2014
                          01/06/15 VBT/SI
                          03/06/15 Poly- Scheduled

Good luck to everyone, this is not easy. I know good people that have not made it through the process. Let's all do our best to support and help each other through the process. I hope we all make it!

Comment

• Originally posted by geek4life View Post
                            I took the PFT2 last Friday (2/6/15). When do I expect CBP to send me the final EOD letter and offer, and where/when to report for EOD on 2/23/15?

I got my final selection letter the next day. You have to show up to the port you chose. All of the info you will need is in that final letter.

Comment

• Wow, good thing I wasn't working today! I got home from taking my 4yo to the dentist and then a movie. My wife had said there was a call from an unavailable number to the home phone (but I never got a call on my cell.). I checked my e-mail at 1445 and I had an e-mail stating I had to call today and schedule my poly before 1530 or my case would be dropped! Luckily the agent picked up and I had no problem scheduling. I'm set for 06March. The 1st date available was the 4th, but I work all night on the 3rd and get off at 0730 that morning. I told her I would suck it up and do it though. She said no, I need a good night sleep first, as it is an all day process, and gave me the 6th. I was hoping to get it in Northern VA (esp. since the two NTS's are out here) but I have to go into DC, for a 0900 appointment, that's rush hour! ,... anyway, I love first world problems. Now if only my Medical would go green :-)
                              Last edited by SM3; 02-09-2015, 03:23 PM.
                              SM3

CBPO

14-2
                              Geo: Central East Coast, United States
                              Grade: GS-7
                              CBPO Exam: 9/16/2014
                              NOR: 10/31/2014 - 110 (with Veteran's points)
                              TSL: 11/18/2014
                              Medical/PFT 1: 12/17/2014
                              01/06/15 VBT/SI
                              03/06/15 Poly- Scheduled

Good luck to everyone, this is not easy. I know good people that have not made it through the process. Let's all do our best to support and help each other through the process. I hope we all make it!

Comment

• I would def suggest getting as much sleep as possible. I was in similar situation as you and only got 2 hours of sleep the night before a poly. It was not wise lol. Your body is already under enough stress and no sleep will only make your vitals jump

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10677 users online. 392 members and 10285 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X