300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 14recruit10 View Post
    Has anybody else had a hard time getting through to schedule the pre-employment medical? I have tried calling twice and both times have been on hold for around twenty minutes.
    i am having that same issue ive called the last 3 days each time 20 min hold and i cant get through

Comment

• Originally posted by geek4life View Post
      I also didn't know Border Patrol's PFT2 is more physically demanding than CBPO's .
      Lol just wait till you get to your port and see all the out of shape CBPOs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Islandgyrl View Post
        Congrats!!! I felt bad for the girls who failed the situps. Now you will know what class your in when you get the final selection letter.
        There were no female applicants for my PFT2. I was a little surprised.

Comment

• Originally posted by randizzle1 View Post
          Lol just wait till you get to your port and see all the out of shape CBPOs.
          That's more of a fantasy than a fact.

It is a convenient smear for those not interested in the truth though.

Comment

• Originally posted by geek4life View Post
            I'm officially done with the hiring process after I completed PFT2 this morning in San Diego.

There were at least 30 applicants (from both Border Patrol and CBPO) at the testing site for PFT2. Out of 30 applicants, one applicant failed the PFT2 due to situps. I kinda feel bad for the guy who failed PFT2.

I also didn't know Border Patrol's PFT2 is more physically demanding than CBPO's .
            How much time was there to rest after each exercise? I've read that they just go in order from all the applicants (but that was only about 5 applicants testing in a given day). How did that work out with 30 applicants?
            Geo: West Coast
            Applicant Group: 13-1
            NOR: 10/28/13 85%
            TSL: 12/16/13
            PFT1/Medical: ~1/10/14
            eQIP completed: 2/13/14
            VBT/SI: 3/17/14
            eQIP to IA: 3/19/14
            Poly: 10/22/14 (inconclusive) / 12/4/14 (passed)
            Meet with BI: 12/19/14 - 01/07/15 (met him 3 times)
            Clear BI: 2/24/15
            Drug Test: 3/4/15
            The Call: 3/2/15
            PFT2: 3/18/15
            EOD: 3/30/15

Comment

• Originally posted by rwong013 View Post
              You got an offer with another agency? Congrats.
              Yup Bop.. Keeps me less than 2 hours from home also.

Comment

• Originally posted by dwl109 View Post
                14-3. Pt1 and med tomorrow morning. I still haven't received my ts packet yet. Is that normal?
                14-3 here as well. I only received the TSL notice. No TS packet yet. I'm guessing they wanna see ppl pass the VBT and MED/Fitness first. Who knows. Just sitting patiently and enjoying the ride.

Comment

• Originally posted by 14recruit10 View Post
                  Thanks for the input everybody.
                  Like most people said. But seriously, practice the test straight through with minimal breaks. If you are in decent shape you will be fine. Most people underestimate the pace of the step test. I found an appropriate size step and practiced to the 120 cadence (most step tests are to much slower cadence). I used a free online metronome set to 120. I'm old and out of shape, but finished on my first try. I was sucking for 10 minutes though and sweating for an hour. a week later and three runs straight through and I was good and confident. You should be okay,, but practice and you will be fine. The difference of having practiced and having the confidence of KNOWING you will be fine gives the added mental edge. Good luck and have fun.
                  SM3

CBPO

14-2
                  Geo: Central East Coast, United States
                  Grade: GS-7
                  CBPO Exam: 9/16/2014
                  NOR: 10/31/2014 - 110 (with Veteran's points)
                  TSL: 11/18/2014
                  Medical/PFT 1: 12/17/2014
                  01/06/15 VBT/SI
                  01/07/15 NOR for SI found "eligible"
                  03/06/15 Poly- Scheduled

Good luck to everyone, this is not easy. I know good people that have not made it through the process. Let's all do our best to support and help each other through the process. I hope we all make it!

Comment

• Hola...

Para donde vas? / where are you going?

Preparate que mientras tanto te pueden llamar para darte una oferta de trabajo / Get ready because at any moment they can give you "The Call'', so get ready if you have not taken the PFT2 yet.

Si necesitas advice me dejas saber.
                    Girls too...if you need advice or any questions let me know...run, run, run!!! do not wait until last minute to get fit. Many people do and then fail the PFT for few seconds on the run or a couple of sit ups and push ups...its very sad!

If you want this job. Get in shape and do whatever you are told without questioning anything, lot's of people just want to do their own things and that is a NO NO (at least until you pass all the process and academy, which is all almost a year long, including the 4 for academy).

After all

Originally posted by Abner Rios View Post
                    Im from Puerto Rico so i had to wait for an available investigator to come over here... Even though my BI went green on cass few months ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Dragonfly View Post
                      Hola...

Para donde vas? / where are you going?

Preparate que mientras tanto te pueden llamar para darte una oferta de trabajo / Get ready because at any moment they can give you "The Call'', so get ready if you have not taken the PFT2 yet.

Si necesitas advice me dejas saber.
                      Girls too...if you need advice or any questions let me know...run, run, run!!! do not wait until last minute to get fit. Many people do and then fail the PFT for few seconds on the run or a couple of sit ups and push ups...its very sad!

If you want this job. Get in shape and do whatever you are told without questioning anything, lot's of people just want to do their own things and that is a NO NO (at least until you pass all the process and academy, which is all almost a year long, including the 4 for academy).

After all
                      East Texas brother... Y tu? En que parte vas del hiring process?

Comment

• refreshing CASS every hour to see a check mark to my medical or PT.....(crazy paranoid first timer here!)

Comment

refreshing CASS every hour to see a check mark to my medical or PT.....(crazy paranoid first timer here!)
                          Welcome to CASS. If I'm not mistaken, they update CASS on tuesdays and Thursdays.

Comment

refreshing CASS every hour to see a check mark to my medical or PT.....(crazy paranoid first timer here!)
                            Ain't that a fun process to have? Oh boy. I was just like u before.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent007 View Post
                              Welcome to CASS. If I'm not mistaken, they update CASS on tuesdays and Thursdays.
                              Yea I was the same way lol we all do it. And yes Tuesday's and Thursday's is when I usually see my CASS update.

07/23/14 Applied to Central East Coast 14-2
                              09/21/14 Written exam
                              10/31/14 NOR passed with 84
                              11/18/14 Notice of TS
                              11/21/14 TSL packet received
                              12/03/14 Email/Call for PFT1/MED
                              12/17/14 PFT1/MED
                              12/17/14 Email for VBT/SI
                              01/05/14 Email of passing PFT1
                              01/06/15 VBT/SI
                              01/07/15 NOR for SI found "eligible"

Comment

• I can't help myself. Currently interning with the USMS and that ends in May. I really hope I'm near an academy date by then. (might sound crazy but I have hope! )

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3338 users online. 191 members and 3147 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X