X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by borrada View Post
    Will definitely need it!!! Thank you!!!

Comment

• Has anybody else had a hard time getting through to schedule the pre-employment medical? I have tried calling twice and both times have been on hold for around twenty minutes.

Comment

• Anyone knows when the next academy starts?

Comment

• Originally posted by 14recruit10 View Post
          Has anybody else had a hard time getting through to schedule the pre-employment medical? I have tried calling twice and both times have been on hold for around twenty minutes.
          Yep. Call right at 8am est or just keep calling constantly.
          14-2 - West Coast geo
          9/6/14: Written Test
          10/31/14: NOR - Passed (98)
          11/18/14: TSL
          12/7/14: e-QIP submitted
          12/15/14: Med/PFT-1
          1/14/14: VBT/SI

Comment

• Originally posted by rwong013 View Post
            Yep. Call right at 8am est or just keep calling constantly.
            True... That's your best route. I had a VERY hard time getting ahold of anyone until I called first thing in the morning. Make sure to get an email confirmation... First time I got ahold of someone, the representative forgot to click on a submit screen and I didn't get the email. Waited for a day to get it until I called back and they had to go back and fix it. After that I got my confirmation email in like 5 mins.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hulk_is_real View Post
              Anyone knows when the next academy starts?
              371 starts Feb. 10th.
              372 starts Feb. 12th.

Comment

• Originally posted by borrada View Post
                True... That's your best route. I had a VERY hard time getting ahold of anyone until I called first thing in the morning. Make sure to get an email confirmation... First time I got ahold of someone, the representative forgot to click on a submit screen and I didn't get the email. Waited for a day to get it until I called back and they had to go back and fix it. After that I got my confirmation email in like 5 mins.
                I got through after a few more minutes. How difficult is the PFT-1? I am in decent shape and have it scheduled for this coming week. Also, for the medical, do we have to wear business attire or is it casual? Thanks.

Comment

I got through after a few more minutes. How difficult is the PFT-1? I am in decent shape and have it scheduled for this coming week. Also, for the medical, do we have to wear business attire or is it casual? Thanks.
                  Everyone wore workout clothes for the medical when I went along with myself since it's right before the pft1. The pft1 is exactly what you should be practicing. Just practice the entire thing together so you can see how you do the step test after being a little out of breath good luck. No surprises. The ppl performing the tests are just normal medical staff not cbp

07/23/14 Applied to Central East Coast 14-2
                  09/21/14 Written exam
                  10/31/14 NOR passed with 84
                  11/18/14 Notice of TS
                  11/21/14 TSL packet received
                  12/03/14 Email/Call for PFT1/MED
                  12/17/14 PFT1/MED
                  12/17/14 Email for VBT/SI
                  01/05/14 Email of passing PFT1
                  01/06/15 VBT/SI
                  01/07/15 NOR for SI found "eligible"

Comment

Just got done minutes ago. Medical I wore gym pants and a hoodie. Pt1 is easy. The only challenging part is the step test. I'm 6'2 209 lbs. Decent shape. Step test was ...ugh.

Comment

PFT 1 was not hard at all... One thing I want to point out is on the lift test... That is a timed test. The faster you finish the lifts, the better the score... My proctor hadn't told me that and I thought it was 8 completed lifts in 60 seconds to pass and that was it. Although it is the requirement to pass, the sooner you finish the complete 8 lifts the higher your score is for that part of the exam. With regards to push-ups, sit-ups and side step, the more of those you do, the higher your score. Make sure you stretch your legs well to prepare for step test, as you may experience soreness after lift test. At the end they still take final score of every test part. As far as medical, you do not need to wear business attire, I wore sweatpants for everything. Best of luck!!

Comment

• Thanks for the input everybody.

Comment

Thanks for the input everybody.
                          Keep in mind the requirements. The forms they have don't state clearly how the test is scored.

For example, my tester should have counted the center line in the sidestep test, and should have put 50lbs of weights in the lift /lower box.
                          14-2 - West Coast geo
                          9/6/14: Written Test
                          10/31/14: NOR - Passed (98)
                          11/18/14: TSL
                          12/7/14: e-QIP submitted
                          12/15/14: Med/PFT-1
                          1/14/14: VBT/SI

Comment

• I'm officially done with the hiring process after I completed PFT2 this morning in San Diego.

There were at least 30 applicants (from both Border Patrol and CBPO) at the testing site for PFT2. Out of 30 applicants, one applicant failed the PFT2 due to situps. I kinda feel bad for the guy who failed PFT2.

I also didn't know Border Patrol's PFT2 is more physically demanding than CBPO's .

Comment

• Originally posted by geek4life View Post
                              I'm officially done with the hiring process after I completed PFT2 this morning in San Diego.

There were at least 30 applicants (from both Border Patrol and CBPO) at the testing site for PFT2. Out of 30 applicants, one applicant failed the PFT2 due to situps. I kinda feel bad for the guy who failed PFT2.

I also didn't know Border Patrol's PFT2 is more physically demanding than CBPO's .
                              Congrats!!

Comment

• Congrats!!! I felt bad for the girls who failed the situps. Now you will know what class your in when you get the final selection letter.

Originally posted by geek4life View Post
                                I'm officially done with the hiring process after I completed PFT2 this morning in San Diego.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12027 users online. 298 members and 11729 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X