Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sap123 View Post
    What's his timeline?

If it sounds like I'm getting desperate to take the VBT...well I am.

EDIT: In all seriousness, at least it sounds like people who are the mid-year/fall testers are getting their VBTs scheduled, so things look like they are moving along. Hopefully next week brings good news to everyone.
    I just checked my mail and am happy to report that I also received the VBT app. letter. My co-worker and I took the written test in mid-August for LAX/LB.

Comment

• 10/29 at long beach office for the VBT??

Comment

• Originally posted by cross.sandiego View Post
        Tasers? I'd be happy to get my PRD and a radio. Most officers at my port are walking around without either. Actually, I just got an email yesterday to pick up a PRD and rumor has it the port is getting 40 hand-me-down radios from BP, so there is hope.

The tasers will probably be issued to AT-CET (they get to play with all the fun toys) and possibly 12's and 13's. Just like the recently anounced vehicle pursuit training - only available to CET, SRT, Supes and Chiefs.
        Why would they give that training to supes and chiefs and not line officers that would actually use those skills? You gotta love CBP's thinking. I am with you on the taser thing. I'll count those chickens when they hatch. Until then I'll consider it a rumor.
        Don't tase me bro!!

Comment

• Call the hotline at 6124677040. After they state your progress for each category, the automated operator will ask if you want detailed information on any of the categories. Just say "Oral Board" and it will give you a more detailed status check. My status was "Your Oral Board has been scheduled." Thus, I'm assuming that I will be getting a letter soon. LABound seems to be on the same timeline as I so hopefully the rest of us newbies will get a letter soon. I'm all the way out in Hawaii so it may take a few extra days.
          CBPO- Hawaii
          Written: 07/31/08
          TO: 09/23/08
          Pre-employment Forms: Completed 10/09/08
          Medical: Completed (11/12/08)
          Drug Test: Completed (11/13/08)
          Fitness: Completed (10/15/08)
          VBT: Completed (11/20/08)
          BI: Completed (2/19/09)
          Qualifications: GS7 (3/13/09)
          Referred to TSU: 3/13/09

IEA
          TO: 11/4/08

Comment

• Originally posted by bronze01 View Post
            Was a funny read Snake, but, I feel your pain. MHC may send you a letter of unsuitability. You will need to prepare a letter of appeal explaining your situation.

The thing that sucks is that they will tell you that you have to pay for the next physical portions that you failed at a doctor or your choice and your expense.

I'm sure you can submit your actual physicians findings to them along with the your letter, then, you may not have to spend another dime.

That's what happened to me anyways. They responded recinding my unsuitability in a couple weeks. Good luck to you and sorry you had to experience that.

Welcome to the world of Government Low Bids. Don't bother trying for reprimand, it won't work.

Yeah, during the fitness test, the nurse didn't even look at me until the step test. I guess this is what happens when the government needs to save money and picks the cheapest medical place.

Comment

• You guys think I could retake the vision test? I just had PRK surgery like 6 days before the medical test so my eyes were still healing and not at its best yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by DaBonk112 View Post
                Call the hotline at 6124677040. After they state your progress for each category, the automated operator will ask if you want detailed information on any of the categories. Just say "Oral Board" and it will give you a more detailed status check. My status was "Your Oral Board has been scheduled." Thus, I'm assuming that I will be getting a letter soon. LABound seems to be on the same timeline as I so hopefully the rest of us newbies will get a letter soon. I'm all the way out in Hawaii so it may take a few extra days.
                Got it, Thanks. Still not scheduled...
                GEO Pref: MIA
                Written: 8/08 (99 w/VP)
                TO: 9/08
                Pre-employment Forms: Completed
                Medical: Completed
                Fitness: Completed
                VBT: Completed 12/4
                BI: Completed
                Qualifications: Completed
                TSU: 12/4
                EOD: 2/17
                FLETC: 3/12 Class 934

Comment

• Originally posted by s0lid snake View Post
                  You guys think I could retake the vision test? I just had PRK surgery like 6 days before the medical test so my eyes were still healing and not at its best yet.
                  Either way, I believe you have to take another vision test after your one year waiting period is up. For PRK, if I'm not mistaken, there is a one year mandatory waiting period to see if your eyes have healed correctly. I had LASIK done about 3 months ago so my exam was completed two weeks before my 3 month waiting period was up. The CHS informed me that after I hit the three month period (which is in one week) I would have to get reexamined and my optometrist would have to write a letter specifying the conditions of my eyes. Double-check with medical to see how long you have to wait for the PRK.
                  CBPO- Hawaii
                  Written: 07/31/08
                  TO: 09/23/08
                  Pre-employment Forms: Completed 10/09/08
                  Medical: Completed (11/12/08)
                  Drug Test: Completed (11/13/08)
                  Fitness: Completed (10/15/08)
                  VBT: Completed (11/20/08)
                  BI: Completed (2/19/09)
                  Qualifications: GS7 (3/13/09)
                  Referred to TSU: 3/13/09

IEA
                  TO: 11/4/08

Comment

• Originally posted by cross.sandiego View Post
                    Tasers? I'd be happy to get my PRD and a radio. Most officers at my port are walking around without either. Actually, I just got an email yesterday to pick up a PRD and rumor has it the port is getting 40 hand-me-down radios from BP, so there is hope.

The tasers will probably be issued to AT-CET (they get to play with all the fun toys) and possibly 12's and 13's. Just like the recently anounced vehicle pursuit training - only available to CET, SRT, Supes and Chiefs.
                    I feel for you, bro.

It took me 3+ years to get issued a baton and 4+ years to get a PRD. I won't see a radio(and really don't need one), but I'm still waiting for Uncle Sugar to come through with a flashlight and leatherman.

As far as the tasers go, MY IFI today swore every officer would have the option to carry one or not. I'm not holding my breath though. Like you I think they'll end up on the belts of the show ponies and the race horses at the largest tracks. Tasers that make their way to the common work horses and those working smaller events...I'll believe it when I see it.

Comment

• Originally posted by DDixon1000 View Post
                      Hey,
                      Just wanted to let everyone know they are sending out TO's. I got a huge packet in the mail with dvd, test manual, and TO letter for Michigan today! The letter also says it should only take 3-6 months for processing for the Michigan position. I tested a few months ago (In May I think) and got the TO today!
                      Hello DDixon, how far along are you in the process. I just took my medical exam and fitness on Oct 14th. I also received my TO on 9/27 for MICHIGAN

Comment

• Originally posted by qixfeet View Post
                        Why would they give that training to supes and chiefs and not line officers that would actually use those skills? You gotta love CBP's thinking. I am with you on the taser thing. I'll count those chickens when they hatch. Until then I'll consider it a rumor.
                        Chiefs-would get them because Tasers are cool. It makes sense to have the supes have them, because they can more easily break away from one incident and go to another. Ideally everyone would get them, but if that is not an option for whatever reason supes only is a good alternative.
                        But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• Originally posted by psychoticnemo View Post
                          Got another letter today stating that I am in class 914 MIA anyone else here on the same boat?...

Congrats again man... I told you it wouldnt take long.

As for me... I am exactly at my half way point through FLETC, and personally... I actually still consider it to be fun and exciting. It is all what you make it people. Ive talked to a few people from a couple different new classes, some say they hate the fact they have roomies, some are really enjoying themselves.

But they are starting to have FLETC be somewhat military based, meaning; shine your shoes, press your uniform, stand at attention, etc etc.

You will have roomates if you are in the Taj.... there are about 77-80 classes starting this year alone... they dont have the room to give you your own quarters (I got lucky... one of the last classes to have private rooms)

The run time has been brought down to 15 mins... and just as a side note with PT... start doing pushups now.
                          Day one at CBP: Aug 4th, 2008
                          Day one at FLETC: Sept 3, 2008 Class 863
                          Graduated Dec 18, 2008

Its game on from here....

Comment

• Originally posted by USMC3537 View Post
                            From what I heard through the grapevine is that they opened a new wing at the airport or something of that nature. Just what I heard though, don't know if it's true.
                            yea there is a brand new concourse with like 40 gates that opened not too long ago and they are remodeling 3 old concourses to accommodate that new double Decker Boeing that is suppose to be flying in sometime next year. Its suppose to hold like 600- 700 passengers or something like that. Anyway they are gonna convert the 3 old concourses to one big one with like 65 new international gates so just that is gonna need a couple hundred extra cbpo's to run. As for the tasers, we were told that supervisors on the floor will get them before anyone. That"s because we are not allowed to use the OC spray inside the airport due to the ventilation systems. I donno if that is that rule at every airport but it is in Miami.

Comment

• Thanks a lot Dfly you were the biggest help man. I'll see you up there in Dec.
                              That is some good news from you Cargo, sounds like we will have plenty of work.
                              Geo Pref: Miami
                              Score: 92
                              Grade Level: 5
                              EOD: 11/10/2008
                              Fletc: 12/02/2008 - 03-20-2008

Comment

• WAHOOO! i got my pre-employment forms today! im so happy got a question though. they only gave me until the 30th to turn everything in which is about two weeks from today. is it normally that short? i was thinking maybe a month or so but less than two weeks?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10837 users online. 368 members and 10469 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X